FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   [FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1150182-fare-gone-expedia-ca-300-coupon-packages-new-terms.html)

wonderbret Nov 19, 2010 12:06 pm

There is a warning that says your card might be hit with the full charge and then the coupon will be credited. Hopefully that works well.

Dont forget, if you have unused coupon space, add dinner at the hard rock or the Titanic exhibit tickets. Those charges will get taken off at the end too.
Ex.
RT PHX-LAS
Stay at the Flamingo (no resort fees and low cost)
RT shuttle tix
Titanic Exhibit tix
Bodies Exhibit tix
Dinner at the hard rock restaurant

After coupon applied: $0.

Sa-weet! Thanks OP!

Antipode Nov 19, 2010 12:07 pm

Well, I'm checked in for tomorrow so we'll see how this goes.

poohhead80 Nov 19, 2010 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by Antipode (Post 15204234)
Well, I'm checked in for tomorrow so we'll see how this goes.

good luck !!

I have two trips on Dec. Yey!!

Jaimito Cartero Nov 19, 2010 12:14 pm

My credit card shows a charge for the airline portion for just under $300.

rkaradi Nov 19, 2010 12:15 pm

anyone concerned about the credit not hitting if you don't live in Canada?

Antipode Nov 19, 2010 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero (Post 15204296)
My credit card shows a charge for the airline portion for just under $300.

I think this is normal for these expedia package deals. Whenever the airline ticket price is greater than the package price, they charge the ticket amount then refund the difference.

Benjh Nov 19, 2010 12:18 pm

Just booked EWR-LAS on 11/30 return 12/1 for $5 on Continental.
$0 was available with other airlines...

Thanks OP! Let's hope this stays...

MR_MAMA Nov 19, 2010 12:18 pm

I think you will all get burned on this and not get a refund. Even though it is allowing you to book, it states clearly that it is for Canadians only and Expedia has a right to charge you the full amount.

flyinghigh77 Nov 19, 2010 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by BlissWorld (Post 15204142)
Btw, I see a pending charge on my AMEX for the exact amount that expedia is quoting BEFORE the coupon, even though expedia.com shows a 0 total on the confirmation page.

Should I be worried?

EDITED. When I went to my expedia itinerary I see this:
Note: The flight portion of your vacation package is charged directly by the airline. This will result in you receiving a separate credit card charge for the flight, but the total charges on your credit card will be equal to the vacation package price.

And when I clicked on my payment history, I see my credit card being charged, but there's another separate refund in the same amount.

I guess I will get hit with the 2.7% transaction fee...so about $5 :D

So your credit card shows a refund of 300 USD? Are you U.S. based?

Vuelos Nov 19, 2010 12:19 pm

Anyone figured a way around the 1 night minimum?

flyinghigh77 Nov 19, 2010 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by MR_MAMA (Post 15204348)
I think you will all get burned on this and not get a refund. Even though it is allowing you to book, it states clearly that it is for Canadians only and Expedia has a right to charge you the full amount.

It does not say you have to be a canadian citizen. It does not say you have to use a canadian cc. It does not say you have to be in canada while booking. So, what does "canadian booking' really mean? Nothing, i guess.

fjord Nov 19, 2010 12:22 pm

Arrrrrghh!!!!! How I hate CVG...$400+, checked about 20 dates.

RobtheAggie Nov 19, 2010 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by Vuelos (Post 15204358)
Anyone figured a way around the 1 night minimum?

Get on the 1am DL flight to MSP from LAS. You never have to check in.

bubb1 Nov 19, 2010 12:24 pm

I'd love a cheap weekend in NYC but I think I'll avoid this, don't want to get burned.

hotelmotel Nov 19, 2010 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by MR_MAMA (Post 15204348)
it states clearly that it is for Canadians only

No it does not.

Expedia has a right to charge you the full amount.
Nor does it say this.

It says "Canadian bookings only." As far as I am aware, a Canadian booking is a booking made through a Canadian website, like Exepdia.ca.