Wiki Posts
Search

Nw: EWR-HNL $351+

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2006, 11:19 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels
Original Poster

Nw: EWR-HNL $351+

From Farecompare. Weekday. K-class, until end of schedule, $390 all in. Looks like 3-day min and PK037able. Weekends $405+.
Old Nov 1, 2006, 11:32 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
That is a great deal for summer!
Old Nov 1, 2006, 11:47 am

Is NW taking a shot at CO given these low fare from EWR and CLE? We might suddenly see low fares out of MSP, DTW and MEM on CO.
Old Nov 1, 2006, 12:28 pm
Suspended

NW is taking aim given MSP-LON summer fares.
Old Nov 1, 2006, 12:28 pm
Suspended

Does anyone know what equipment they use for this? Does this qualify as a domestic flight for status upgrades?
Old Nov 1, 2006, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by thegeneral
Does anyone know what equipment they use for this? Does this qualify as a domestic flight for status upgrades?
The HNL flights are not EUAable. Domestic portions (EWR-DTW, etc) are.
Old Nov 1, 2006, 12:53 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels
Original Poster

Having a hard time finding a routing of greater than 5000 miles each way. It's routable through SFO/PDX (free stopover in the latter), but this doesn't increase the mileage. Best way to go appears to be EWR-MSP-HNL on the 333. PK036 works for some dates in March, and brings the total to $323.14.
Old Nov 1, 2006, 12:54 pm

Programs: nada
Been looking at this deal since it came up....looks like the fare allows codeshares, so NW's site is showing some CO flight segments available for the EWR-MSP legs.
Interesting fare details/notes: allows 2x transfers in each direction, limiting chances for racking up miles, but it does allow some routing choices...
Then this tidbit about stopovers: "2 FREE STOPOVERS PERMITTED - 1 IN EACH DIRECTION IN HNL/ PDX. AND - 2 STOPOVERS PERMITTED - 1 IN EACH DIRECTION IN SEA/ LAX/SFO AT USD 55.81 EACH"
Old Nov 1, 2006, 12:57 pm

Programs: nada
Originally Posted by jpdx
Having a hard time finding a routing of greater than 5000 miles each way. It's routable through SFO/PDX (free stopover in the latter), but this doesn't increase the mileage. Best way to go appears to be EWR-MSP-HNL on the 333. PK036 works for some dates in March, and brings the total to $323.14.
Yeah, it looks like the MSP-HNL is a "direct flight" even with a stopover.
Old Nov 1, 2006, 12:58 pm

EWR-MSP-HNL on the 333. PK036 works for some dates in March, and brings the total to $323.14.
NW are using the A333 on this route now? Thought it was still the D10s.

Will seasonal DTW-NHL be back and can you use it w/ this fare?
Old Nov 1, 2006, 1:10 pm

Programs: (almost) everything!
How about EWR-MSP-(SEA)-OGG-HNL? About 5400 EQM I believe.
Old Nov 1, 2006, 1:15 pm

Programs: UA Plat,DL PM,HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CloudsBelow
NW are using the A333 on this route now? Thought it was still the D10s.

Will seasonal DTW-NHL be back and can you use it w/ this fare?
It changes to a 333 on 1/8/07, when the final -10 is retired.

This is a pretty great deal if you can get routed on 98/99, the non-stop from MSP. They do offer SA/DoD upgrades for $350, which is a steal considering that flight offers WBC seats.

Even Y has the vastly improved product on the 333s.
Old Nov 1, 2006, 5:31 pm
Suspended

Damn, this would be a fun run. Too bad I'm in SEA to start with.
Old Nov 1, 2006, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
The HNL flights are not EUAable. Domestic portions (EWR-DTW, etc) are.
With the caveat that mainland segments are not EUAble if they're the same flight number as a continuing flight to HNL/OGG/KOA.

For example, if you fly NW95 MSP-SEA-OGG or NW97 MSP-SEA-HNL, you will not be EUA'ed on the MSP-SEA segment. But if you fly MSP-(NW95)-SEA-(NW97)-HNL, you can get EUAed on the MSP-SEA segment.

Originally Posted by Tclin
How about EWR-MSP-(SEA)-OGG-HNL? About 5400 EQM I believe.
Beware of the MSP-OGG "direct" flight (NW95). It'll knock some miles off and eliminate EUA chances on MSP-SEA. Also, note that if you include a HA codeshare (OGG-HNL), you can't use a PK cert to bring the price down.
Old Nov 1, 2006, 6:02 pm

Programs: NW Gold and now Delta Gold
There are still some of these, for instance I got a EWR-HNL allowing me 6 nights in HNL for $393 round trip all in, in January. Unfortunately, when I tried to add my legs from MSY, I got an error message stating no service from MSY-EWR. I'm only a little bitter.

Originally Posted by themicah
With the caveat that mainland segments are not EUAble if they're the same flight number as a continuing flight to HNL/OGG/KOA.

For example, if you fly NW95 MSP-SEA-OGG or NW97 MSP-SEA-HNL, you will not be EUA'ed on the MSP-SEA segment. But if you fly MSP-(NW95)-SEA-(NW97)-HNL, you can get EUAed on the MSP-SEA segment.

Beware of the MSP-OGG "direct" flight (NW95). It'll knock some miles off and eliminate EUA chances on MSP-SEA. Also, note that if you include a HA codeshare (OGG-HNL), you can't use a PK cert to bring the price down.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.