Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

ARN and GOT to SFO,LAX,EWR,JFK all for between $287-$333usd!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2018, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Haven't checked any mileage yet but couldn't help but share these great Lufthansa fares.

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...018-02-28;eo=e

You can also play around with the dates and add CPH, OSL as the departure city and other North American cities like SEA, ORD,YYZ, and MIA. Basically the entire Lufthansa North American route map.
Please let me know what you think of this find and if it was of help to you!
Old Jan 18, 2018, 4:18 pm

Programs: Once upon a time...
Appreciate the enthusiasm but these are K class fares on Lufthansa which doesn't earn miles on most airlines. Not a MR.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

Where is the appropriate forum for a fare like this then?
Old Jan 18, 2018, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by slinnils
Where is the appropriate forum for a fare like this then?
In this thread: "Good Deals" in Economy Class - Excellent Fares between certain city pairs - 2017
Old Jan 18, 2018, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

This thread is closed
Old Jan 18, 2018, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by slinnils
This thread is closed
Accidentally linked to 2017's thread. Re-linked to 2018's.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 4:52 pm

Deal Still Alive and Well

Originally Posted by veeRob
Appreciate the enthusiasm but these are K class fares on Lufthansa which doesn't earn miles on most airlines. Not a MR.
This will earn 100% PQM on UA since you're flying a normal *A carrier (namely LH). It's a pity that LH doesn't reward as many PQMs as UA does on their FFP given they are the ones operating this flight (I thought that's the whole point of FFPs and loyalty in general?)

Also of note, this deal also alive and kicking! As a Canadian I'm half tempted to book this flight as it's actually a cheaper fare than for me to fly to LAX from YYZ and I'll be in the area during that time.

Safe Travels,

James
Old Jan 28, 2018, 4:56 pm

Doh!

Originally Posted by j2simpso
This will earn 100% PQM on UA since you're flying a normal *A carrier (namely LH). It's a pity that LH doesn't reward as many PQMs as UA does on their FFP given they are the ones operating this flight (I thought that's the whole point of FFPs and loyalty in general?)

Also of note, this deal also alive and kicking! As a Canadian I'm half tempted to book this flight as it's actually a cheaper fare than for me to fly to LAX from YYZ and I'll be in the area during that time.

Safe Travels,

James
Doh! The moment I make the statement that flying K on LH earns 100% PQM is the moment UA decides to change the rules and mention it no longer earns milage credit.

That being said, still good flight if you care about getting a great deal as opposed to maximizing the BIS.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 7:26 am

Programs: UA 1K, LH Senator, TX Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Doh! The moment I make the statement that flying K on LH earns 100% PQM is the moment UA decides to change the rules and mention it no longer earns milage credit.

That being said, still good flight if you care about getting a great deal as opposed to maximizing the BIS.
On flights flown on or after March 1, 2018, you will earn 100% PQM with UA of K flights with LH: https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/mar...spx?ItemId=298
Old Feb 28, 2018, 10:23 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Can't find anything to DTW
Old Feb 28, 2018, 11:57 am

Programs: M&M, FB, DL, BA, UA...
Originally Posted by BoyenScout
On flights flown on or after March 1, 2018, you will earn 100% PQM with UA of K flights with LH: https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/mar...spx?ItemId=298
Seems UA keeps modifying the earning rates for K. The link above now shows 25% earning for LH Deep Discount Economy in K. Better than nothing but not MR worthy
Old Feb 28, 2018, 12:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by cardesigner2000
Seems UA keeps modifying the earning rates for K. The link above now shows 25% earning for LH Deep Discount Economy in K. Better than nothing but not MR worthy
Woah...it was 100% an hour ago.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 3:44 pm

Programs: DL PM
It looks like on that link the RDM is 25% for K fares, PQM is at 100% but 0 PQS for flights after 3/1/18.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 5:57 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by cardesigner2000
Its 100% PQM, most people on this subforum don't care about RDMs
Old Mar 1, 2018, 8:25 am

According to the chart K on LH will earn 25% RDM (after March 1st) and 100% PQM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.