Uber “select” in Cairo

Old Aug 13, 18, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Uber “select” in Cairo

The FS First Residence quoted over $200 one way for a Mercedes van for 5 pax from the airport, seems crazy hi to me. Uber shows “select” level cars for under $20 for this route. I would obviously need 2 cars, the question is what sort of vehicle does this get me and would it be 100% safe for my wife and a kid to go in one car and me the other kids in the other car? I normally wouldn’t spliit up with her in Egypt, but am considering this if I can get some insight in Uber select in Cairo. Thanks.
Old Aug 13, 18, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton IHG LH BA TK
Originally Posted by stephem View Post
The FS First Residence quoted over $200 one way for a Mercedes van for 5 pax from the airport, seems crazy hi to me. Uber shows “select” level cars for under $20 for this route. I would obviously need 2 cars, the question is what sort of vehicle does this get me and would it be 100% safe for my wife and a kid to go in one car and me the other kids in the other car? I normally wouldn’t spliit up with her in Egypt, but am considering this if I can get some insight in Uber select in Cairo. Thanks.
Uber can be a pain at the airport. Internet connection, coordinating pick up, then findig the darn thing. Far better to arrange a van at the limousine desk. Just avoid dealing with chancers who approach you: go to the limo desk.

Or arrange things in advance with London Cab Book Airport Shuttle & City Ride in Egypt | London Cab Egypt
Old Aug 26, 18, 3:19 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
I booked London cab via sixt. very nice. Uber was great in Cairo itself. London cab to zamalek was 390 EGP. The uber to the airport was only 120. Finding the uber was very tricky at times in town, especially tough when the uber driver couldn't communicate in English and I couldn't read the Arabic numbers to ID the licence plate.

Search this Thread