Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Egypt visa on arrival questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Egypt visa on arrival questions

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2017, 5:31 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Gabi - you don't need a visa to visit Taba, as the Sinai has different rules. If you want an Egypt-wide visa, you may be able to get it at the border. If not, then a local travel agent can arrange it for you
Old Aug 15, 2017, 5:53 am

Thank you for the answer !
No, we don't want to go nowhere except our TABA's resort !
We will stay only 3 days there, and just want to relax on the beach...
And , despite the short distance, it is a LONG way (with the public buses) between the airport and the border (and the resort)
But what local agent ? How do I find them ?
Maybe I will ask at the Egypt embassy here, in Bucharest, because we don't want to have surprises...
Old Aug 30, 2017, 4:24 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Are the VISAs available 24/7? This October I am arriving just before midnight.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 2:03 am

Originally Posted by Paraschiv Roxana Gabriela
And , despite the short distance, it is a LONG way (with the public buses) between the airport and the border (and the resort)

You can book a shuttle from Ovda to Eilat or the Taba border crossing at https://eilatshuttle.com/. The cost to Taba is $25 per person. It shouldn't take more than 60 minutes. To the Eilat bus station, it's just $8 per person. From the central bus station, it's only 30 minutes by bus number 15 to Taba, and the bus ticket is slightly more than a dollar. So you'll save $16 by changing in central Eilat, but you add at least half an hour to the trip.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by Surface Interval
Are the VISAs available 24/7? This October I am arriving just before midnight.
It would be more probably available for 24/7. Have a look at below information for Egyptian Visa:

When you arrive Taba border, you need to buy a guarantee letter from Egyptian agent for a fee so they can get the visa at the border. This is the letter that this agent guarantees that you will leave the country after the tour ends.

In other words, you basically can get the visa upon arrival through the travel company for an extra cost of Euro 10 per person, over the US$ 25 visa fee from Taba Border.

For all other border posts, one can buy a visa upon arrival stamp from the bank exchange counters, priced at US$ 25.00 each.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Are multi-entry visas available upon arrival at CAI? The US State Department website indicates multi-entry visitor visas are available for $35 vs $25 for the normal single entry one. Has anyone with a US, UK or Canadian passport ever purchased one of these upon arrival?
Old Oct 25, 2017, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Are multi-entry visas available upon arrival at CAI? The US State Department website indicates multi-entry visitor visas are available for $35 vs $25 for the normal single entry one. Has anyone with a US, UK or Canadian passport ever purchased one of these upon arrival?
The visa on arrival is a simple sticker, valid for one entry. You hand over cash at one of the bank counters, they give you a sticker. It's as simple as that.

You could buy more than one sticker, thus providing yourself with a do-it-yourself multi entry via

Of course there's really no need to do this, as the sticker-purchase transaction is quick and simple.

Multi-entry visas are available from Egyptian consulates. I no longer bother. The usual ones in the UK require a measure of faff and expense that make it worthwhile only if you intend frequent visits over the six month validity of the visa.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Thanks. Guess it's not worth the hassle of going through the consulate though I will have four entries over the next three months...C$85+courier charges of C$30 vs U$25x4...might save C$15 or so.

Last edited by Shareholder; Oct 27, 2017 at 9:15 am
Old Oct 27, 2017, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Shareholder
Thanks. Guess it's not worth the hassle of going through the consulate though I will have four entries over the next three months...C$85+courier charges of C$30 vs U$25x4...might save C$15 or so.
the other consideration is conservation of pages in your passport. With careful positioning of the (rather large) stickers you might get away with two per page - but only if the immigration officer does his/her stamping thoughtfully....
Old Oct 28, 2017, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Since the visa isn't reusable, why not put the new sticker over the old one?
Old Oct 29, 2017, 2:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TomMM
Since the visa isn't reusable, why not put the new sticker over the old one?
Good idea - but there might be a question of obliterating immigration stamps, where these invade the sticker.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 2:00 pm

Programs: UA1K
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
The visa on arrival is a simple sticker, valid for one entry. You hand over cash at one of the bank counters, they give you a sticker. It's as simple as that.

You could buy more than one sticker, thus providing yourself with a do-it-yourself multi entry via

Of course there's really no need to do this, as the sticker-purchase transaction is quick and simple.

Multi-entry visas are available from Egyptian consulates. I no longer bother. The usual ones in the UK require a measure of faff and expense that make it worthwhile only if you intend frequent visits over the six month validity of the visa.
I returned from Egypt several days ago. When I arrived at CAI and stepped into the area where the banks are located, there were three or four banks located in two separate areas: one at the foot of the escalator and the several banks located across the lobby area. The first line I stepped into at the distant row of banks said they do not sell visa stickers (after I had waited about ten minutes in line). I do not remember the name of that bank but it was the bank to the far right across the lobby area. I stepped into the queue of the bank to the immediate left. I do not know if the far right bank ran out of stickers, never sells them, or chose not to sell to me as I had a "discussion" with another arriving passenger who claimed I cut in line in front of him in the queue; when I got in the queue, there was only one other customer in the queue; and the accuser literally came out of nowhere.
But I agree with previous posters, the process for getting a sticker takes only a minute and it's also a good time to exchange some currency.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 12:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
E-visa for Egypt

HI
I heard that Egypt is going to introduce the e-visa in the next few weeks. Anyone know if it is true and if so, how much the cost will be yet?
Can't find anything on any of the internet searches apart from the fact that this was supposed to be introduced in June 2017 and it has not yet!!!
We are going next year to Cairo, so keeping an eye out for it.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dselvan
HI
I heard that Egypt is going to introduce the e-visa in the next few weeks. Anyone know if it is true and if so, how much the cost will be yet?
Can't find anything on any of the internet searches apart from the fact that this was supposed to be introduced in June 2017 and it has not yet!!!
We are going next year to Cairo, so keeping an eye out for it.
I know the "authorities" are not overjoyed with the lack of control they have on individuals entering the country.

The current regime enjoys control. However, the current system of visas on arrival is pretty much open/hapahazard, a revenue-raising exercise, with entry based simply on nationality (and any profession declared on the arrivals form....).

There was talk of implementing a wider demand for consular-issued visas, but this was quickly scrapped after pressure from tourism oriented forces. E-visas are seen as a compromise, but I wasn't aware that implementation was imminent.

There again, there's lots I'm not aware of - so a shorter answer would be a not very helpful "I don't know"
Old Nov 6, 2017, 5:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I know the "authorities" are not overjoyed with the lack of control they have on individuals entering the country.

The current regime enjoys control. However, the current system of visas on arrival is pretty much open/hapahazard, a revenue-raising exercise, with entry based simply on nationality (and any profession declared on the arrivals form....).

There was talk of implementing a wider demand for consular-issued visas, but this was quickly scrapped after pressure from tourism oriented forces. E-visas are seen as a compromise, but I wasn't aware that implementation was imminent.

There again, there's lots I'm not aware of - so a shorter answer would be a not very helpful "I don't know"
Thanks IAN-UK for the reply. I only went with what was online. The website is live but not sure if one can use it yet.
I will wait with abated breath to see what happens!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.