FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Middle East (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/middle-east-481/)
-   -   from seattle to tlv - in biz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/middle-east/1304851-seattle-tlv-biz.html)

brarrr Jan 20, 2012 10:56 am

from seattle to tlv - in biz

Last time I went i took CO via ewr. This time around, i can't seem to make an itinerary work perfectly so i'm left with a lot of similar options. What it might come down to is what will be the best j product both hard and soft.

Options based on corporate policy are:
CO's 777 2-2-2 lie flat - i liked it
AC's 767xm 1-1-1 angled lie flat but a emb190(?) sea-yyz in F
LH's a330 followed by a340
AF's a330 followed by euro biz a320 (blech)
DL's 747 (the old NW wbc - old but not too bad)

second tier, there are some CO/UA options to IAD or EWR then FRA or MUC, but i'd prefer to make this a one stop trip, and 8hrs in a 757 doesn't sound appealing even in J

any thoughts? the AC option might end up being the best

Jasper2009 Jan 21, 2012 4:42 am

Of the choices you listed I´d probably go with AC. The single seats on the E90 are very nice if you´re travelling by yourself (1A being my favourite), and the pods are great for privacy. It´s not the best business class product in the world, but certainly among the best NA/European options.

LH´s overall product is fine, but nothing to get excited about, particularly the seat (angled lie-flat) is not competitive with AC.

CO isn´t bad, but I personally don´t like the 2-2-2 config. due to the lack of privacy.

I personally avoid DL and AF as much as possible, but I may be slightly biased against AF/KL/DL in general.

So if you asked me for a ranking I´d probably say AC > CO > LH > AF/DL.

jaguar Jan 21, 2012 7:40 am

I'm 6 feet tall and try to avoid row 1 on the Emb 190

brarrr Jan 21, 2012 7:56 am

I wasn't able to make the AC itinerary work - on the return there is no way to get back to sea without an overnight somewhere ie vancouver. oh well, CO it is.

joshwex90 Jan 21, 2012 10:00 am

Originally Posted by brarrr (Post 17857222)
I wasn't able to make the AC itinerary work - on the return there is no way to get back to sea without an overnight somewhere ie vancouver. oh well, CO it is.

That's nothing to complain about. I love BF. I highly recommend getting a bulkhead for a larger footwell, but it's a great seat overall. AC is more private, but CO has a slightly more comfortable seat, better food, better IFE, and larger/better FA staff.

Yoshi212 Jan 21, 2012 10:05 am

What about BA via LHR? The CO seat is great and service good/consistent.

brarrr Jan 21, 2012 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by armattheus (Post 17857836)
What about BA via LHR? The CO seat is great and service good/consistent.

not approved.

BCH Jan 23, 2012 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by brarrr (Post 17858661)
not approved.

too bad. that's my favorite one to TLV.