from seattle to tlv - in biz

Old Jan 20, 12, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG 75k, UA Plat, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Presidents
from seattle to tlv - in biz

Last time I went i took CO via ewr. This time around, i can't seem to make an itinerary work perfectly so i'm left with a lot of similar options. What it might come down to is what will be the best j product both hard and soft.

Options based on corporate policy are:
CO's 777 2-2-2 lie flat - i liked it
AC's 767xm 1-1-1 angled lie flat but a emb190(?) sea-yyz in F
LH's a330 followed by a340
AF's a330 followed by euro biz a320 (blech)
DL's 747 (the old NW wbc - old but not too bad)

second tier, there are some CO/UA options to IAD or EWR then FRA or MUC, but i'd prefer to make this a one stop trip, and 8hrs in a 757 doesn't sound appealing even in J

any thoughts? the AC option might end up being the best
Old Jan 21, 12, 5:42 am
Moderator: Le Club Accorhotels

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Of the choices you listed Id probably go with AC. The single seats on the E90 are very nice if youre travelling by yourself (1A being my favourite), and the pods are great for privacy. Its not the best business class product in the world, but certainly among the best NA/European options.

LHs overall product is fine, but nothing to get excited about, particularly the seat (angled lie-flat) is not competitive with AC.

CO isnt bad, but I personally dont like the 2-2-2 config. due to the lack of privacy.

I personally avoid DL and AF as much as possible, but I may be slightly biased against AF/KL/DL in general.

So if you asked me for a ranking Id probably say AC > CO > LH > AF/DL.
Old Jan 21, 12, 8:40 am

Programs: United 1K
I'm 6 feet tall and try to avoid row 1 on the Emb 190
Old Jan 21, 12, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG 75k, UA Plat, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Presidents
I wasn't able to make the AC itinerary work - on the return there is no way to get back to sea without an overnight somewhere ie vancouver. oh well, CO it is.
Old Jan 21, 12, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by brarrr View Post
I wasn't able to make the AC itinerary work - on the return there is no way to get back to sea without an overnight somewhere ie vancouver. oh well, CO it is.
That's nothing to complain about. I love BF. I highly recommend getting a bulkhead for a larger footwell, but it's a great seat overall. AC is more private, but CO has a slightly more comfortable seat, better food, better IFE, and larger/better FA staff.
Old Jan 21, 12, 11:05 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
What about BA via LHR? The CO seat is great and service good/consistent.
Old Jan 21, 12, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by armattheus View Post
What about BA via LHR? The CO seat is great and service good/consistent.
not approved.
Old Jan 23, 12, 10:59 pm
BCH

Originally Posted by brarrr View Post
not approved.
too bad. that's my favorite one to TLV.

Search this Thread