Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

side trips from TLV outside of Israel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2013, 8:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Gold; Hilton Silver; Priority Plat; Marriott Silver

I've read through several posts on side trips within Israel or to nearby countries like Egypt and Jordan. I'd like to try something more distant. I've been to Turkey so looking outside of Turkey/Europe. I'd welcome recommendations.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 9:29 pm

I assume that you want to return to Israel from your destination and not continue to the US. There is a wide choice of charter packages available to Medierranean destinations (Rhodes, Crete, Sicily, etc) and Eastern European ones (Prague, Budapest, etc). Unfortunately all the relevant web sites are in Hebrew. Try the Arkia, issta, Gulliver, daka90 web sites - hopefully "google translate" works on them.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 10:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Gold; Hilton Silver; Priority Plat; Marriott Silver
I could continue on to the US or come back to TLV before returning to the US. I was looking potentially at Ethiopia, but tickets are rather expensive and miles at least on UA aren't a bargain
Old Aug 20, 2013, 11:25 pm

If you want to go straight back to the US, then most European airlines allow you to stop over for a few days in their country at no extra charge, e.g. fly Czech Airlines from TLV to the US and visit Prague on the way.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 3:30 am

We had a wonderful time on out two trips to LykiaWorld, Oludeniz, Turkey. Fantastic food and there's so much to do in the massive site itself that you don't even have to travel into town if you don't want to. And if you have kids, you can safety leave them in the kids club where the have plenty of staff to care for them all day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.