Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

16 hr layover in Sharjah airport: what to do?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2011, 8:26 am
Original Poster

I have a layover from 4pm to 8am in Sharjah airport. Is there anything I can do in that time or is the best option the lounge? I assume there is a pay lounge? I'm a Singapore citizen so should be able to get a visa at the airport.

Flying Air Arabia SYZ>Sharjah>AMM

Thanks.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For that length of time, I'd get a hotel for the night. The lounge is nothing special and most definitely not somewhere I would want to spend that length of time.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
The lounge is crap. Although they did have a shower when I was there, but that was it. One hard couch from what I remember

I would definitely get a hotel in Sharjah.
Old Apr 30, 2011, 2:03 am

Programs: EK, Hilton, AA
If you have that long and are not too tired, why not do a tour of Dubai? It's less than an hour away, you could see some sites, grab dinner and then go to a sheesha place until late night before your flight or get a hotel.
Old May 1, 2011, 4:24 am

Programs: EY Platinum
From Sharjah airport to Dubai creek is 30 km or about 20-30 minutes in a taxi. I highly recommend you head to Dubai rather than sit in Sharjah airport all that time.
Old May 10, 2011, 11:47 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all your help. I booked a hotel (Rayan Hotel Corniche US$45 from booking.com) in Sharjah which was perfect for my needs. Next to the Museum of Islamic Civilization so I managed to do some sightseeing before dinner and an early night before leaving for the airport at 6am the next morning. This was an unplanned stopover and I needed to do this as cheaply as possible. Thanks again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.