Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Baltimore Convention Center

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2002, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Baltimore Convention Center

Looking for a Hilton, Marriot or Radisson near the Convention Center. Being close to the Center is a must. Need it for a higher up.
Old Jan 31, 2002, 2:19 pm

Okay, well you will have a limited choice here.

There once was a Hilton in Baltimore and then six months ago it became a Radisson. Nice looking building (early 20th century architecture) and it has a nice lobby. I have never been in any of the rooms. It is about four - six blocks from the Convention center.

The Marriot Inner Harbor is right accross the street from the convention center.

The Rennaissance Inner Harbor (nice property) is about six blocks from the convention center. I have stayed there before and it was relatively nice. Very convenient to the touristy part of the city and little Italy.

The newest Marriott is the largest hotel in the city (Marriott Waterfront Hotel). It is very nice but it is about 1 mile away from the center. A short cab ride. Probably has the nicest facilites and it is brand new (one year on 2.14.2002). All the rooms have some sort of water view and the restaraunt is not half bad. CLose to little Italy and some good restaurants in the immediate neighborhood.

Hope this helps.
Old Feb 1, 2002, 9:01 am

Programs: DL-GM, WN-CP, IC-Plat
Go with the Renaissance. Your "higher up" won't be disappointed. I'd say six blocks is a stretch. More like 3-4, but it's right in the thick of things downtown. Across from Harbor Place, a short walk to some very good restaurants and a short cab ride to Little Italy.
Old Feb 1, 2002, 2:58 pm

In retrospect, I agree with MarshB. I would pick the Rennaissance. It is the nicest propery that is close to convention center (meaning no need for a cab). Also, he is right, counting from my office window it appears to be only about four blocks from the hotel to the Center.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.