Wiki Posts
Search

BWI to Union Station

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2004, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Starwood Plat, UA Plat, 2MM, AS MVPG
BWI to Union Station

In doing a search I notice that there is now a bus that goes to Greenpoint station from BWI and return. Two questions: How long does it take to go from the Greenpoint station to Union Station?
and 2). I notice that the bus doesn't start until fairly late Saturday morning from BWI to Greenpoint. Will the hotels, or a taxi take me to Greenpoint - and how much should I expect the fare to be?
Old Mar 1, 2004, 11:54 pm

Programs: UA; Amtrak
You mean Greenbelt, the last stop on the Green Line. While it is considered an inner suburb it is still a good ten miles or so from downtown. No downtown hotel shuttles go there, the best they might do is drop you off at the nearest Metro station to them.

The B30 Express Metrobus ride to Greenbelt takes 30-40 minutes depending on traffic. From Greenbelt you take the Metrorail Green Line about 15 minutes to Fort Totten, then transfer to the Red Line for another 10 minutes or so to Union Station. This is also the cheapest way to get to Union Station from BWI; the bus portion is $2.50 and the rail fare is $2.20.

The fastest way is usually a taxi ride straight from BWI to Union Station. It will still take at least 45 minutes and may cost over $50.

You can also take a shuttle bus (free) or cab ($5) from the terminal to the BWI rail station; these run every 10 minutes or so and the station is about five minutes away. On a weekday, the MARC train, a commuter rail service, runs to Union Station for $6 and 40 minutes one-way. Nights, weekends, or holidays, you can take Amtrak, $9 for regular unreserved or $31 for Metroliner or Acela Express, and about half an hour since they only make one more stop (New Carollton).

[This message has been edited by choster (edited Mar 01, 2004).]
Old Mar 2, 2004, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Starwood Plat, UA Plat, 2MM, AS MVPG
Thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.