Community
Wiki Posts
Search

4G Internet Access in Mexico

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2019, 2:29 am
Original Poster

4G Internet Access in Mexico

I will be visiting Mexico during October fro my wedding honeymoon. I need to remain online throughout and for thus I need the best travelling WiFi that I can consider for 4G internet. I have been using Skyroam and RentnConnect but there data plan is not 4G.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 9:49 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by Calzach
I will be visiting Mexico during October fro my wedding honeymoon. I need to remain online throughout and for thus I need the best travelling WiFi that I can consider for 4G internet. I have been using Skyroam and RentnConnect but there data plan is not 4G.
Mexico is a large and diverse country. Where in Mexico will you be visiting?
Old Oct 7, 2019, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Last year when I went to CDMX my T-Mobile phone roamed on Movistar and it seemed to work well. I also had a Telcel SIM for my MiFi and that too worked fine. You'll want to make sure your device can use the LTE bands most common in North America (2 and 4 at minimum, I forget what other ones the Mexican carriers use).

Of course, YMMV, especially in more rural areas.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 9:18 am

Programs: AeroMexico Club Premiere
Another t-mobile user here. I was in Mexico, zero problems with 4g reception in both CdMx and Acapulco. I would imagine all the larger cities would be the same.....
JDiver and cmx like this.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 6:55 am

you may have some trouble if you are going to any remote areas

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.