FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mexico (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mexico-480/)
-   -   MEX - Mexico City International Airport / 🛫AICM🛬 master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mexico/1438717-mex-mexico-city-international-airport-aicm-master-thread.html)

Global Adventurer Feb 20, 2024 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K (Post 36016189)
Necesito ayuda, por favor. Aeromexico me mareó!

Actually, I had brain surgery and that is what was causing me to get dizzy and unbalanced. But, maybe the flight didn't help either.😁

Basanez Feb 26, 2024 5:25 pm

Have a 3 hour connection in AICM arriving international in AM at T2 and departing international AF in T1. Different PNRs. Only hand luggage. Arriving flight "should" be at around 7PM and departing flight "should" be at around 10PM. I've watched a few YouTube videos and read a few threads, but was hoping to confirm that I still need to pass through passport control, take the AirTrain to T1 and pass security and immigration again? How crazy are the security lines on average at around that time? Trying to figure out if it's worth it/doable. Thanks in advance.

Eastbay1K Feb 26, 2024 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by Basanez (Post 36033061)
Have a 3 hour connection in AICM arriving international in AM at T2 and departing international AF in T1. Different PNRs. Only hand luggage. Arriving flight "should" be at around 7PM and departing flight "should" be at around 10PM. I've watched a few YouTube videos and read a few threads, but was hoping to confirm that I still need to pass through passport control, take the AirTrain to T1 and pass security and immigration again? How crazy are the security lines on average at around that time? Trying to figure out if it's worth it/doable. Thanks in advance.

Security lines are rarely more than 10 minutes. The choke point is immigration. And yes. You need to go through all arrival formalities, just like a USA transit.

Basanez Feb 27, 2024 4:02 am

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K (Post 36033364)
Security lines are rarely more than 10 minutes. The choke point is immigration. And yes. You need to go through all arrival formalities, just like a USA transit.

Thank you. Wondering if it’s doable in 3 hours. Have no idea how immigration lines are.

RFNJ Feb 27, 2024 10:19 am

Three hours should be enough to do it. FWIW, I arrived around 7:30pm last Friday and immigration was nearly empty of arrivals, got through in a matter of minutes. The customs lines were a little longer, say 15 or so. The past year or so, every time I have gone through customs they are scanning all bags, no "nothing to declare" line.

Basanez Feb 27, 2024 10:50 am

Originally Posted by RFNJ (Post 36034757)
Three hours should be enough to do it. FWIW, I arrived around 7:30pm last Friday and immigration was nearly empty of arrivals, got through in a matter of minutes. The customs lines were a little longer, say 15 or so. The past year or so, every time I have gone through customs they are scanning all bags, no "nothing to declare" line.

Thank you so much!

Global Adventurer Feb 27, 2024 4:39 pm

AICM just announced some cancellations due to the Popocatepetl Volcano debris:

In CDMX there's an air quality warning and restrictions, Phase 1. The Volcano is at Phase 2, where it's been for several months but had a huge explosion recently. Check your flights over the next day for any cancellations.

"Due to the activity of the Popocatépetl volcano today, Tuesday, February 27, some airlines have decided to cancel some operations.
If you have a flight scheduled for today, we recommend you stay informed with your airline to find out its status.
We will continue to inform."

Global Adventurer Feb 27, 2024 8:03 pm

UPDATE FROM AICM: So far 22 Flights Cancelled (National and International)

"After the report of suspension of some flights, due to the activity of the Popocatépetl volcano today, Tuesday, February 27, we specify the following:
-The AICM has remained open and in operation.
-22 flights of different national and international airlines have been cancelled, due to safety checks on the aircraft due to having found ashes in flight upon arrival at the AICM.
Management personnel and specialized teams remain on alert and are evaluating the ash fall conditions. At this time, the volcanic ash cloud is heading toward the Gulf of Mexico.
If you have a flight scheduled for this day or the following days, we recommend that you stay informed through your airline and the airport's institutional channels.
Our priority is SAFETY in operations."

Global Adventurer Feb 28, 2024 8:47 am

Continue to Monitor your flights in/out of CDMX

From the government:

"Given the emission of ash from the volcano #Popocatépetl , we inform you:

🛫 The
@Aicm_mx
in CDMX remains open and operating
🛫 Preventively, operations at the Hermanos Serdán International Airport in Puebla were suspended at 7 a.m.

🚨 Stay up to date with airline communications regarding possible changes to itineraries due to the presence of volcanic ash
🚨 Consult only official sources"

Global Adventurer Feb 28, 2024 9:27 am

2 Attachment(s)
From AICM (twitter/X account:

"In the presence of volcanic ash, operations may eventually be suspended. What can happen?"

Global Adventurer Mar 3, 2024 8:09 pm

FYI - Confirmation that a few cartel groups are working at the airport. Most people knew about this years ago, but now things have gotten worse. And that's why passengers have been followed home or to their hotels and robbed after exchanging large sums of money. I used to read about all these types of crimes, including all the trucks/vans carrying jewelry, smart phones etc from the airport (cargo planes) that were later ambushed. All inside information of course. But it's worse now, so stay low key and watch your luggage/contents. These groups are working in the money exchange businesses, baggage handling, etc.

https://www.eluniversal.com.mx/metro...yo-en-el-aicm/

Global Adventurer Mar 7, 2024 12:40 pm

Aeromexico and ITA just signed a CodeShare Alliance

They will be operating out of MEX/AICM airport. There will be shared benefits for all customers of either line.

28 destinations in Mexico and 15 destinations in Italy. Aeromexico will be utilizing their 787 Dreamliner to Rome.

https://eturbonews.com/aeromexico-an...medium=twitter

WAStraveller Mar 20, 2024 12:08 pm

Flying in MIA-MEX on AA business- are there any fast pass ways past immigrations flying business or global entry?

Also- return is a 1240 pm flight MEX-MIA AA business. We will be staying at the courtyard at the airport since I read about traffic. How early should we arrive? we will have access to the admirals' club and have priority pass- any ideas of lunch/breakfast? Will be flying with teens. I thought I read some PP lounges offer massages, manicures- popcorn? thank you!

TWA884 Mar 20, 2024 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by WAStraveller (Post 36095677)
... we will have access to the admirals' club and have priority pass- any ideas of lunch/breakfast?

The MEX Admirals Club has the best food of any Admirals Club that I have been to with the possible exception of the currently closed club at CDG. For breakfast, they even have chilaquiles.

Global Adventurer Mar 20, 2024 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by WAStraveller (Post 36095677)
Flying in MIA-MEX on AA business- are there any fast pass ways past immigrations flying business or global entry?

Also- return is a 1240 pm flight MEX-MIA AA business. We will be staying at the courtyard at the airport since I read about traffic. How early should we arrive? we will have access to the admirals' club and have priority pass- any ideas of lunch/breakfast? Will be flying with teens. I thought I read some PP lounges offer massages, manicures- popcorn? thank you!

MEX has no fast track, but for the elderly/disabled and I believe airline staff. I've stayed at the Marriot at MEX and I left 3 hours before my flight because I was flying Emirates and I heard they close their check-in early. I would give yourself at least 2 hours on the safe side. That's just me and it depends if you have to check bags.