Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Currently in Riviera Maya, Mexico - Palace Resort Time Share Presentation

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2011, 10:37 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Currently in Riviera Maya, Mexico - Palace Resort Time Share Presentation

10th night into a 14 night stay..

The Fairmont Mayakoba here is rated one of the top resorts because of the environmental responsible methods of constructing the hotel..

So very surprised that a Fairmont here is rated so highly.. as there are many lovely resorts around..

I did the Palace Resort time share presentation and walked away with probably $1,500 of tours.. Sign up is at the airport on the right before you exit.

I recommend taking the 90 minute presentation if you're staying in the area for 10+ days. The savings are enomous.. We've completed 5 out of 6 tours and they've always been professional even though we didn't buy their exclusive club membership (I call it a timeshare presentation)..

We don't have all inclusive at Fairmont Mayakoba.. so when the tour buses whisk us away and feeds us.. its money saved as well..

With 2 adults and 2 kids ages 5 and 1.. We've done XCaret, Tulum, Wet and Wild twice, Isla majueres, and the last tour to be taken this coming Monday is Chitzen Itza..

I stayed away from a rental vehicle, and with the inflexibility of not having a vehicle.. getting out of the resort at the lowest cost has been a priority.. So these tours pick us up from our hotel and takes us to our destinations.. and at the end of the tour, takes us back to our hotel at a scheduled time... very professional..

So why does Palace resorts do this.. quite a few people end up buying their program. They earn the trust of tourists for the most part, through their first class Tour and Travel network.. Palace Resorts has been 100% fair and honest with us.. this also has been the second time we've taken the presentation with Palace Resorts.. but why am I writing this..

For a fee of $50 per adult and $35 per child ages 4 and up, you get..

You get tours that cost real dollars.. free..

You get cab rides that cost real dollars to the presentation.. free..

Meal at the presentation.. no charge..

Most of all.. and this is the grand kicker.. you can choose up 8 tours.. again, the cost up front is $50 per adult, and $35 per child 4 and up.. and you have access up to $1,500+ worth of tours.. at no extra charge.. by taking the presentation

I've talked with many on tours that have taken the presentation and most were impressed..
Old Aug 3, 2011, 9:25 pm

Sounds really interesting!

So these tours...are for sightseeing atttractions in Riviera Maya?

I'm assuming the two children, ages four and one, also accompanied you.

How did they do on the tours? Was it difficult for them or did they enjoy it?

Ten days....did it seem too lengthy for you and your family?

Is this something you see teenagers also enjoying?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Thank you for the info!
Old Aug 6, 2011, 2:43 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Rampage1967
So these tours...are for sightseeing atttractions in Riviera Maya?

I'm assuming the two children, ages four and one, also accompanied you.

How did they do on the tours? Was it difficult for them or did they enjoy it?

Ten days....did it seem too lengthy for you and your family?

Is this something you see teenagers also enjoying?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Thank you for the info!
Five and One year old.. Five year olds usually get charged.. It was difficult but we did it..

The tours were in air conditioned coaches and first class.. on the Wet and Wild trips, we were picked up in a transfer vanned and fed all inclusive throughout the day.. we went twice.. they made an exception for us to go to Wet and Wild twice because of the young kids.. wouldn't make sense to go snorkeling or ziplining..

We did Xcaret.. its like a nature wonder theme park, and their nightly show is excellent.. Chitzen Itza is an all day tour.. we were fed a nice lunch buffet, and its three hours travel there, and three hours back.. Picked up at 7:30 am and dropped off 8:00 pm.. Isla Majeures.. went on a boat, fed lunch buffet, toured a city.. Tulum.. ocean front pyramids of the Mayans.. great signature tour..

14 nights was quite good.. teenagers would definitely enjoy the tours..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.