Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Charles Square, Prague, Czech Republic (Left Marriott)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Charles Square, Prague, Czech Republic (Left Marriott)

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2018, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by CJKatl
Me too. I prefer this property over the Marriott and Design hotels. The Marriott is wonderful but a little too stuffy for me and the Design hotel is a little too bare bones, although I like its location a little better than the Marriott's. The Sheraton's New Town location is more European urban and my favorite bakery and building are nearby.

My family will be at the hotel in two days and I've asked them to let me know if they can find out what badge the hotel will wear going forward. I'll post the answer.

My favorite Sheraton Prague story. I met a friend in the lobby. He had two friends with him, one female one male, all were Czech and all spoke perfect English. We headed towards the Jewish Quarter. My friend loves showing off "his" city. As we passed the New Town hall he is pointing out the park, the building features, etc. As we walk down the street I see the next building, just behind the town hall, is a Hooters. I bemoan the fact that the Czech republic has so much culture and class while our country's contribution is Hooters. Turns out the three of them had no idea what Hooters is. There is a giant glass window looking into Hooters and the two other guys stopped to stare. Soon there were about a dozen men staring in. The woman and I finally walked away. It might have been twenty minutes until we got a call asking where we were. My friend is gay, but he thought it was the most awesome thing in the world.
Ha! That's a good one for FT posterity!

Yeah, this property has always treated me well. Upgrades have been awesome - quite often the loft suites facing the courtyard or whatever that inside middle outdoor space is. I will also miss the funky old-style layout of the building... like some labyrinth but not. I liked how it wasn't beside touristy areas and it was walkable to almost anywhere in the vicinity of downtown.

The last time I was there, my friend got an Uber and the diver went the wrong way on that one way street that the property faces.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 6:07 am

Programs: Miles&Smiles Gold
leaving spg/mariott 1.1.19
Old Jun 10, 2018, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
This hotel has changed from a Cat 3 to 4. I made a reservation in Feb for 7000 pts. Now it's 10K pts.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 1:56 pm

Programs: SK*G, TK*G, AB Silver (OW Ruby), SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by northernstar84
leaving spg/mariott 1.1.19
Joins Radisson
https://www.hotelmanagement.net/oper...o-its-pipeline
Old Aug 7, 2018, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Just completed a stay here. My SNA cleared, but my suite was further upgraded to one of the 7th floor ones with outdoor patio area and 2 full bathrooms. I received a huge fruit plate as a welcome gift. The lounge as always is tiny, but is open and stocked with beer/wine all day long.

While in PRG, I decided to walk over to the Marriott since I have a Dec reservation there. The Guest Relations Mgr took me up to the Club Lounge which is 2 stories and significantly larger than the Sheraton's so this should be a nice option now that Sheraton is leaving the Starriott family.

I do remember being charged a terrible DCC rate last time I was at the Sheraton about 4 yrs ago (without even asking me) which left a bad taste in my mouth (and I complained about it bitterly once I got home). At check out, I was watching for it but they charged me in CZK this time. So hopefully guest dissatisfaction took care of that problem.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 4:54 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
I have stayed in both the Sheraton and the Marriott and actually like the Sheraton a little better. The Marriott wins on the lounge without a doubt, but I like the Sheraton's location a little bit better. The Marriott is closer to the Old Town but I find its location too business oriented. Plus the Marriott is a little fancier and less old world Europe which is my preference. The Sheraton UGed me to a top floor suite with a small balcony and two bathrooms, so it might have been the same room type. My sister was there six weeks ago and they were also UGed to a suite big enough for her family of four but without a balcony. In three stays, I have never gotten a suite at the Marriott, only an UG to the lounge floor.

So my friend from Prague and two of his friends meet me at the Sheraton and we walk to a restaurant a few blocks away. We pass the cool New Town hall and are surrounded by the awesome statues and architecture. On the left just after the hall we pass a Hooters. Yep, the Czechs have provided the world with all this really cool stuff and we Americans (although I think @margarita girl is Canadian) fill the world with Hooters. My friend and his male friend did not know what Hooters is about, but there is a giant glass window at that Hooters which they planted themselves in front of for a good ten minutes despite by friend being gay. They were mesmerized, I was embarrassed.

And I always ask to be charged in the local currency after having been given a really bad exchange rate and charged a conversion fee at, of all places, the Prague Marriott fifteen years ago.
margarita girl likes this.

Last edited by CJKatl; Aug 7, 2018 at 4:59 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.