Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2018, 9:43 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Is this Sheraton and the other major hotels in the area connection to the convention center by a SkyWalk? We had such in Boston last year and it meant no coats were needed during a conference just prior to Thanksgiving.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 2:37 pm

Well, another question popped up should someone know this particular property.

In two weeks, I will be part of a convention that draws 1,000s to Denver. I called today - just like last year at a Boston Marriott - direct to the hotel trying to get them to find me in their system so I could enter my MR #.

Two different times the hotel sent me to another phone number. One Marriott agent away from Denver said she would call to someone at the hotel for me. She eventually called and said that after working on this for 1 hour she got nowhere with entering my MR # in the reservation. She was told that this hotel started a 'new system' on Monday and they cannot handle this the way the Marriott did in Boston last year.

Without getting my MR number added to the reservation in advance then no mobile check in so I get the room early and am on the list for an upgrade, etc. How might I approach this situation?
Old Nov 1, 2018, 2:49 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by Xeno

How might I approach this situation?
Maybe wait a week and see if their ability enter your number has improved? I don't personally worry too much about room upgrades when attending a convention/not on vacation or not staying for a lengthy period of time.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 5:21 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
Is this Sheraton and the other major hotels in the area connection to the convention center by a SkyWalk? We had such in Boston last year and it meant no coats were needed during a conference just prior to Thanksgiving.
Nope, no skywalk. I was just there last month, the lounge is excellent. Great view and a full spread for breakfast. Coffee/Tea/Water/Sodas all day. Staffed all open hours. Didn't stop by for evening apps so can't report back on that.
Xeno likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 1:13 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Agree with dcstudent, no sky walk. It's about a 3 block walk outside to the convention center. Just prior to Thanksgiving it shouldn't be too cold of walk, but you'd want to have a coat.

Old Nov 8, 2018, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
Maybe wait a week and see if their ability enter your number has improved? I don't personally worry too much about room upgrades when attending a convention/not on vacation or not staying for a lengthy period of time.
I called reservations and was given an 8 digit number. I could not find a way to add my MR number so I called another MR agent. She said she added it.

I still cannot see this reservation via the web or MR app. Should not the regular 8 digital reservation number resolve such an issue?
Old Nov 8, 2018, 11:25 am

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Should not the regular 8 digital reservation number resolve such an issue?
One would think, but it’s certainly not the worst example of what’s broken in this combinded monstrosity.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 4:15 pm

I am concluding another stay at this property. All went well in 2018 and the same is true this time as I was again upgraded to a very nice suite.
The lounge is now near the lobby at the main entrance. It has many sitting option and the food AM and PM has been quite good.

Old Oct 14, 2023, 11:03 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Had a stay here recently. Overall a positive stay and would not hesitate to book again.

Check-in
At the lower / Plaza building. Nothing special, nothing negative either. Slower season so was able to get into my room a few hours before check-in time.

Lounge
First floor of the Plaza building. Open from 6am - 10pm. Large, well-appointed, lots of different seating configurations and nooks. Personally I think it's a lovely space. Only popped in a few times to grab beverages and was never busy - but was not in the lounge during breakfast hours (6am - 10am) or evening apps (5pm - 7pm) so don't know how packed it gets.

Other facilities
Gym, pool, game room are in the Tower building. Gym (24 hours) is on the first floor; one of the larger gyms I've seen - extensive cardio, resistance, and free weights. Outdoor "rooftop" pool (6am - 11pm) is on the 5th floor; lots of tables and lounge chairs. Game room has foosball and pool table. Did not use any restaurants, bars, room service.

Room
Upgraded to corner suite on a high floor. Spacious, well-appointed. Enjoyed the large bathroom and shower. Bedroom was small, which I didn't mind. Really nice to have a large wall of windows in the living room with lots of light.

Game room on 5th floor; next to pool

Last edited by JY1024; Oct 15, 2023 at 12:34 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.