Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

[LEFT MARRIOTT] The Park Central San Francisco [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[LEFT MARRIOTT] The Park Central San Francisco [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2009, 10:38 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, BonVoyLifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, President's Club,
I'm considering a stay next week and as it's my 1st trip to SF, I'd like to know what people think about it being near anything interesting. Also, any info on shuttles from the airport?

Are they good (recently) about Plat upgrades? I'm seeing a pretty good rate for the nights I am there and I think it is close to the Wicked theater (my favorite musical moved to SF) so I'm hoping it won't be a disappointment.

My other option is Vegas again and I don't care for the Starwood hotels there.

The thread is interesting, but any new info would be appreciated! Thanks!
Old Mar 12, 2009, 3:28 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
Planning to take advantage the starpicks rate for this weekend. However, I noticed there is $10 difference between the single & double occupancy. Just wondering if there is any difference in terms of plat benefit (i.e. whether the hotel provide breakfast to plat) when book single rate & show up w/companion? TIA.
Old Mar 12, 2009, 3:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by rdchen
Planning to take advantage the starpicks rate for this weekend. However, I noticed there is $10 difference between the single & double occupancy. Just wondering if there is any difference in terms of plat benefit (i.e. whether the hotel provide breakfast to plat) when book single rate & show up w/companion? TIA.
This hotel does not provide breakfast to Plats - count yourself lucky if the front desk clerk doesn't reach over the counter and slap you when you ask about your suite upgrade or Plat benefit.

Book the lower rate and keep your companion out of sight during check-in.
Old Jul 24, 2009, 9:27 am

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Bedbugs

This is my hotel of choice when coming to SF - upgrades are consistent and the suites have incredible views and are very spacious - I'm here essentially every other week unless the rate gets crazy (here on a $99/night starpick this week and got the upgrade). I prefer it over all the other SF Starwoods (well, haven't stayed at St. Regis).

I will come back - but sadly woke up to a bedbug on my pillow - they are so small you can almost confuse them with lint (until it moves) - actually captured it, put it into a cup, and brought to front desk at 5:30am this morning. I brought it not for compensation but for them to take action for next guest. Where there is one, there is more.

Manager on duty called immediately - next manager on duty also called - took pains to tell me I could move (checking out today, and it isn't crawling with them so declined), and the steps they will take with pest control. Everyone seems to ask, what compensation - I didn't ask for it, wasn't offerred any, and don't expect any. No issues with responsivness.

The manager did say they've had a "couple" of other reports - seemed serious enough to let others know on here.
Old Jul 24, 2009, 6:12 pm

Programs: 3 million miles LIFETIME PLT AADVANTAGE/LIFETIME SPG PLT!! 25 years member /PRESIDENT'S CLUB HERTZ
Westin market street

I have spent about 15 nights total with different stays and I love the hotel and the front desk people..

I always get the same room ending XX06 wich is a suite....great view
2 tv cd player

No club lounge but there is a starbucks across the street and Crunch gym 1 block away as well....
Old Jul 28, 2009, 8:19 am

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
Here is my one minute video of Room 1806, a full suite, at the Westin Market Street San Francisco.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 8:48 am

Programs: AA EP
The elevators at this property drive me crazy. They are quick... but make many stops. I always feel like a substantial amount of my time is spent in the elevator when I stay here.

I prefer the Westin St. Francis even though it doesn't have that new and fresh feeling to it.

Also, I find the view from the upper floors of the Westin St. Francis to be much better than that of the Market Street Westin.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 12:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP 5MM, DL DM, Bonvoy Titanium, Avis CHM, National VIP
Stayed here Tuesday night...as usual, OK, but certainly nothing special. No Plat upgrade except for high floor "SPG" room, but for $109 rate, not complaining. In fact, I don't think I've ever gotten a suite upgrade here. Issues with locating a package, but resolved by a helpful bellman.

Interesting that when I checked in, they gave me a map of the downtown area with some restaurant listings, including late night options, on the back - which is helpful if you're arriving late and looking for dinner. The map, however, has a couple of references to the Argent Hotel (identity before it was a Westin), including the website argenthotel.com. They might want to update that!

Last edited by DFWFlier; Nov 5, 2009 at 2:52 pm
Old Nov 5, 2009, 2:09 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Originally Posted by DFWFlier
The map, however, has a couple of references to the Argent Hotel (identity before it was a Westin), including the webside argenthotel.com. They might want to update that!
Yeah, that seems like a no-no. Especially considering it's been a little while since they swapped brands. Over two years ago if my math is right...
Old Dec 27, 2009, 12:46 am

I'm planning on staying here with 4 of us (spouse, me, +2 teens) and will be arriving via SFO.

I'm trying to decide between taking BART or using taxicab. On the general San Francisco Starwood thread I was told that taxicab would be ~50 (with tip) while using BART would be ~32 for the 4 of us.

How far is the BART stop that is closest to the hotel - is it the embarcadero stop or the Powell St stop?
Old Dec 27, 2009, 6:06 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by directcj
I'm planning on staying here with 4 of us (spouse, me, +2 teens) and will be arriving via SFO.

I'm trying to decide between taking BART or using taxicab. On the general San Francisco Starwood thread I was told that taxicab would be ~50 (with tip) while using BART would be ~32 for the 4 of us.

How far is the BART stop that is closest to the hotel - is it the embarcadero stop or the Powell St stop?
It appears from the map located on the hotel's website, the closest BART station is the Montgomery St Station. Powell St stop appears to be two blocks from the property. Montgomery St stop appears to be a little over one block from the hotel.

Here is the link to the hotel's local map with the BART stations marked. Westin Market Street Map

Last edited by controller1; Dec 27, 2009 at 6:20 am
Old Dec 27, 2009, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by controller1
It appears from the map located on the hotel's website, the closest BART station is the Montgomery St Station. Powell St stop appears to be two blocks from the property. Montgomery St stop appears to be a little over one block from the hotel.

Here is the link to the hotel's local map with the BART stations marked. Westin Market Street Map
Thank you for providing the link. Right under my nose!

BTW, other than going to the Ferry Bldg, are there any notable food places within similar walking distance? Probably a loaded question which I might have to ask in the general San Francisco area but thought I'd ask here 1st from folks who have stayed in this hotel.
Old Dec 27, 2009, 11:24 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS

BTW, other than going to the Ferry Bldg, are there any notable food places within similar walking distance? Probably a loaded question which I might have to ask in the general San Francisco area but thought I'd ask here 1st from folks who have stayed in this hotel.
You will find the food options under the SF thread. There are plenty of places to walk with your hotel for great food. Go up a block to 5th floor, over to Michael Mina, up to Fluer de Lys, and Farallon is right there as well. Depends what you want.
Old Dec 27, 2009, 8:13 pm

Programs: SPG Platnium, UA Premier

Michael Mina is great at the St. Francis (and good for extra points if you have your SPG amex card), typically $120 per person, but great food. If your looking for something a little cheaper I would recommend looking at sfgate.com for local restaurant reviews and to opentable.com/yelp.com for a range of options.
Old Dec 27, 2009, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by splinters
Michael Mina is great at the St. Francis (and good for extra points if you have your SPG amex card), typically $120 per person, but great food. If your looking for something a little cheaper I would recommend looking at sfgate.com for local restaurant reviews and to opentable.com/yelp.com for a range of options.
$120
Definitely looking for something cheaper.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.