Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

[LEFT MARRIOTT] The Park Central San Francisco [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[LEFT MARRIOTT] The Park Central San Francisco [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2008, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by ziggystardust
The final nail in the coffin came on our departure, we had booked an airport transfer on-line and it was late due to the San Francisco marathon, I kept popping out to check for it worried that someone else might have taken it, I mentioned it to bell services who shrugged their shoulders when they realised we had not booked it through their conceirge, when the transfer did arrive he told me he had been calling the hotel to explain why he was late and they had told him there were only two people on the desk who were too busy to come and tell us, we were sat about 20 foot from them and they certainly were not busy with other guests.

I have stayed in Westin hotel before and really enjoyed them but this place is just a let down.
I think this last part of the note is worth a call to customer service. Don't expect compensation, but CS should know about this type of service.

Mike
Old Aug 5, 2008, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
This property is hopeless.

I wouldn't even bother wasting your energy writing. Simply stay at other wonder SPG properties in San Francisco.
Old Aug 5, 2008, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by mikeef
I think this last part of the note is worth a call to customer service. Don't expect compensation, but CS should know about this type of service.

Mike
I have considered this, not looking for compensation but it does 'let the side down' on Westin hotels and this attitude would affect other customers. I don't think I'd bother with the hotel manager as in my opinion there are staff training problems here and he/she is obviously not managing this area too well.
Old Aug 5, 2008, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Ziggy,

The GM of this property is responsive to whatever is on your mind. He e mailed me back within a day to tell me how the problem was resolved. ^
Old Aug 6, 2008, 12:19 am

Originally Posted by dhammer53
Ziggy,

The GM of this property is responsive to whatever is on your mind. He e mailed me back within a day to tell me how the problem was resolved. ^
Thanks for that, I don't suppose you have his e-mail address?
Old Aug 6, 2008, 5:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Thanks for that, I don't suppose you have his e-mail address?
As a matter of fact, I do. Check your PM's.
Old Aug 6, 2008, 12:27 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by dhammer53
As a matter of fact, I do. Check your PM's.
Dan, thank you for being considerate of the GM's email address and keeping it as a private exchange.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Aug 6, 2008, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
I stayed here in December. A fairly problematic stay. I enjoyed the Palace and St Francis more.

Problem 1: Got a corner room with no drawers! Fortunately I was only here for 1 night, so I just lived out of my suitcase. But really.

Problem 2: Bed was short-sheeted. This is becoming a common problem. Housekeeping used a sheet that was too short, so my feet were scraping against scratchy mattress fiber. I had to remake the bed myself. A complaint the next morning at front desk garnered compensatory SPG points. When I asked for late checkout, I was offered 1pm. I had to press for 4pm.

Problem 3: At check in (late in the evening), I asked for my package. The staff member said to come back tomorrow when the concierge was there. Since the package contained toiletries, I needed it immediately, and only when I pressed did she send a bellman to unlock the concierge's closet and retrieve my package.

Problem 4: Rate was 20 dollars higher on the bill than the booked rate. This was solved at checkout.
Old Aug 7, 2008, 4:32 pm

Programs: UA1K/3MM, AA & DL 1MM, *wood Plat, Hertz Pres.
Wow, this scares me. This hotels seems to have way too many problems already. I just booked 1-night stay at this hotel, only because the St. Francis is full. Now I may go some where else. The Hyatt in Union Sq. may be seeing me.
Old Aug 8, 2008, 1:03 am

I have sent my comments to the GM and and waiting for a reply.
Old Aug 12, 2008, 9:21 am

Received an apology from the GM with the promise of some points that are yet to reach my account ^.

Last edited by ziggystardust; Aug 15, 2008 at 8:33 am
Old Aug 15, 2008, 8:34 am

Received an apology from the GM with the promise of some points that are yet to reach my account ^.
Still waiting on them points, its been a week now, I'm I just impatient or should I chase it?
Old Aug 15, 2008, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Still waiting on them points, its been a week now, I'm I just impatient or should I chase it?
Chase it. This property is . I reported an issue about another Westin stay. Manager offered points (not what I asked ) last night. I received the points this morning.
Old Aug 15, 2008, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by BlissWorld
Chase it. This property is . I reported an issue about another Westin stay. Manager offered points (not what I asked ) last night. I received the points this morning.
Thanks, just chased it...I really am jinxed with hotel lol.
Old Aug 15, 2008, 9:12 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
If it has been less than a week since the GM promised you some points wait a few days.I believe SPG will not do anything before 7 days in a case like this.
If they do not contact you after the 7 days then DO write to CS with any attached comunications-that sets up a case for non complience by SPG and the property might be fined for non complience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.