Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Al Habtoor City, Dubai [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2018, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Just check-in, three line to check-in (one gold/platinum but support normal guest too, I wait 40min, no lounge check-in). Totally sold today, my standard room go to standard guest and I receive Executive Suite.
Terrace with swimming pools and bar now is ready to use. Westin club is very big on 39 floor, on top floor is night club 44level. Check-in you can compare to Sheraton Macao but Westin is much smaller building.
Pictures later.

update: Time is 0:30 at night, I am on 36 floor and club is on 44 floor ... and I have dejavu form Sheraton Deira ... bum..bum...bum six floors and sound from club came to suite ?!
And now someone drill wall .... my god thanks that tomorrow I change to Grosvenor House.

About check-in I spoke with FD manager and he told that we can have this kind problems, new hotel and they working on this problem.
I had problems with my key-card not all lifts accepting my card and don't want go to my floor, and one time I must waiting in lift when someone take it.
If you have friends on different floors you can't go to them lifts not accepting your card on this floor. I ask on check-out and receive answer that maybe samething is wrong.
This is hotel where I will choose lounge breakfast than main restaurant breakfast, in main restaurant you will feel like on bus station.

Last edited by HHQX888; Jan 15, 2018 at 11:45 am
Old Jan 15, 2018, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Westin Club.

It is located on 39 floor and I think occupies over half of the floor area. In size it is much bigger than Level5 in Grosvenor House, but I think support from staffs not on this same level.

Bar area :

Views from club :

Breakfast area :

Rest of rooms :

Old Jan 16, 2018, 1:52 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Stayed here in October 2017 on a two-night work-related trip and here were my thoughts:
  • Plat recognition is good - my friend and I, both Plats on different reservations were both highly-upgraded from entry-level Deluxe Rooms - he to a Westin Suite, I to an Executive Suite. Keep in mind that the hotel has just over 1000 rooms and 142 suites, so chances are high that you'll get bumped to a suite as a Plat.
  • My suite was gigantic at 85 square meters and was well-furnished. Excellent AC and the Heavenly Bed, as always, is amazing.
  • You can have breakfast in the main restaurant AND the 500 points at check-in. Vast, high-quality breakfast spread with tons of options catering to every taste you might have.
  • Location is fine in that it's relatively central, but it's also isolated as a result of the newly-built Dubai Canal and in the middle of a major construction zone so there's nothing to see or do on foot in the immediate area.
So far so good, but here were my biggest issues with this place:
  • Service was very hit or miss: reception staff were nice, club lounge staff were surly, pool attendants scattered, some restaurant staff were chirpy and wonderful and others couldn't give any less of a care.
  • This might be picky, but the ceilings are really low on all the guest floors [i.e. rooms and lounge]. For a large, newly-built and imposing hotel, it feels heavy and oppressive in here.
  • The club lounge, on par with other offerings in this part of the world, is disappointing. Food selections during the day were literally nuts and the evening spread consisted of nuts and three/four platters of bite-sized hors d'oeuvres. There's a bar setup in the lounge but service across the board was slow and unfriendly.
  • The pool area sucks. The deck the pool sits on is massive but the majority of available space is just open deck; the pools are small, cold and in the shade most of the time because of the hulking mass of the hotel building and the tall residential towers going up next door. The attached W and St. Regis hotels have their own exclusive pools, although the W's is more of a lounging pool and the St. Regis's is intimate in size. St. Regis guests can use their pool in addition to the ones at the W and Westin, W guests can use their pool or the Westin's and Westin guests can only use their own. Also, if there's an 'aquatics class' going on in the lap pool, you won't be allowed to use it; when I was there, there was a baby aquatics class with two mothers and their infants using the pool so we were made to wait on the side of the pool until they were done.
  • Construction quality across the board is SHODDY - the walls are hollow, you can see cement splashes and paint smears in too many guest-facing areas and the pool deck in particular has such glaring cut corners that you'd be surprised they passed five-star hotel inspection in the first place.
All in all, a mixed bag. With the other available, abundant and frankly excellent SPG options in Dubai, there's no way I would recommend it or consider it on my next visit.

khabah
Old Jan 23, 2018, 10:06 am
Original Poster

I have this same Executive Suite as khabah :

Old Jul 10, 2018, 7:02 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Leaving Marriott July 31st - details below.

Good riddance, personally - shoddy construction and crap design aside, there are much, much better Marriott options in Dubai including the JW Marriott Marquis across the street.

khabah

Marriott says to no longer manage three Dubai hotels

DUBAI, July 10 (Reuters) - Marriott International said on Tuesday it would no longer manage or be associated with three hotels in Dubai after reaching a mutual decision with their owner Al Habtoor Group.

Marriott will end its management and association of the St. Regis Dubai, W Dubai Habtoor City and The Westin Dubai Al Habtoor City on July 31, the company said in a statement.

Management of the three hotels, which will no longer be part of the St. Regis, W Hotels and Westin Hotels global brand portfolio, will be transferred to Al Habtoor Group, it said.

Source: https://www.reuters.com/article/marr...-idUSD5N1QP00E
Old Jul 10, 2018, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Maybe good move, standard breakfast at this hotel it was dissaster ;( . Lucky that we have access to lounge but it have very limited choice and and for example not fresh chees cuts (from yesterday).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.