Wiki Posts
Search

US - Chase/AMEX Credit Card Nights

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2019, 5:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Explorist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite
US - Chase/AMEX Credit Card Nights

Starting 2019 - we will receive 15 nights from either Chase/AMEX credit cards. Has anyone received their 15 night credit yet?
Old Jan 5, 2019, 5:51 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by LDNConsultant
Starting 2019 - we will receive 15 nights from either Chase/AMEX credit cards. Has anyone received their 15 night credit yet?
I have not. Some marketing material has said starting in March.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 5:51 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
I have not, but only got my chase CC in October. I thought it was supposed to be on the card anniversary
Old Jan 5, 2019, 5:55 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by etsmyers
I have not, but only got my chase CC in October. I thought it was supposed to be on the card anniversary
The OP is talking about the 15 EQN, not free night certificates.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 7:08 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
Has anyone received the annual free night certificate from AMEX yet? My annual fee was charged a week ago. I received an email several weeks ago saying that I would be getting another email once the 35K cert is posted. So far, I haven’t received the cert or the 15 nights.

One the other hand, I received a 25K cert and 15 nights from Chase on Nov 1. I upgraded to the Plus card after receiving the cert and nights.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 8:18 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
The OP is talking about the 15 EQN, not free night certificates.
As was I. I thought I read in literature that my 15 CC nights post on the anniversary
Old Jan 5, 2019, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by naumank
Has anyone received the annual free night certificate from AMEX yet? My annual fee was charged a week ago. I received an email several weeks ago saying that I would be getting another email once the 35K cert is posted. So far, I haven’t received the cert or the 15 nights.
Lots of people have. Check the wiki here. It says 8-10 weeks

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...it-card-5.html

If you review some of the posts, it seems the free night posts on the 2nd of the month. So you should see yours probably on Mar 2.

In the past the SPG Amex free nights/stays posted mid-Jan I think.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by etsmyers
As was I. I thought I read in literature that my 15 CC nights post on the anniversary
They don't. That would be pretty bad for people with an anniversary late in the year. I'll be at over 55 nights by the end of May. Choosing 5 nights as my choice benefit plus 15 EQN gets me to PPE. If it went based on my card anniversary I would not have PPE for my summer trips.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 12:27 am

They don't. That would be pretty bad for people with an anniversary late in the year. I'll be at over 55 nights by the end of May. Choosing 5 nights as my choice benefit plus 15 EQN gets me to PPE. If it went based on my card anniversary I would not have PPE for my summer trips.
Chase has historically given the night credits on the anniversary date, but I thought that I read that was not the case this year
Old Jan 6, 2019, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by joeags
Chase has historically given the night credits on the anniversary date, but I thought that I read that was not the case this year
That is correct. EQNs will be granted on or before March 1 of each year, new accounts after that point receiving them within sixty days.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
That is correct. EQNs will be granted on or before March 1 of each year, new accounts after that point receiving them within sixty days.
Note also that the night credit is awarded to cardholders who held the card as of 12/31 of the prior year. So if you sign up for the card now, you won't get your first set of 15 nights until early 2020.
nexusCFX likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by swag
Note also that the night credit is awarded to cardholders who held the card as of 12/31 of the prior year. So if you sign up for the card now, you won't get your first set of 15 nights until early 2020.
That does seem to be the case based on the T&Cs for the Chase Marriott card. However, this is from the T&Cs for the SPG luxury card.
For Card Accounts opened on or after 1/1/2019
Upon opening your Card Account, a maximum of 15 Elite Night credits will be credited to one of your Marriott Loyalty Program accounts operated by Marriott International, Inc. (i.e., Marriott RewardsŪ, Starwood Preferred GuestŪ or The Ritz-Carlton RewardsŪ) (the "Marriott Loyalty Program"), within 60 days.
So either Chase hasn't updated their verbiage, or the AMEX card has an advantage with this.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 6:59 am

Question Bonvoy AMEX & Status

Hi,

I understand that if I get the AMEX Bonvoy card I get 15 nights towards my status. When will I be recognized for Platinum? Do I have to wait until the year-end or if I complete 35 stays (+15 for having the AMEX Bonvoy) will I get it right away? Can I cancel the card and keep the status once it's been achieved?
Old Oct 3, 2019, 10:10 am

Marriott Bonvoy Card question

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but if I were to sign up for the Marriott Bonvoy card today, would I receive my full 15 night credit this year and again next year? I'm going to be short making platinum by 5 or 6 nights this year and would like to maintain Platinum status. They say it should happen within 60 days of approval. Does anyone have experience?

I currently have a Chase United Explorer Visa which I don't really use, would I get the point bonus and elite nights this year if I convert it to a Marriott Bonvoy card? Never mind just read you can't change outside of the plan type so this won't work.

Thanks!
Old Oct 3, 2019, 1:02 pm

Programs: LT Marriott Uber Titanium; From US CP to dirt (Its been a while)
Originally Posted by DutchessPDX
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but if I were to sign up for the Marriott Bonvoy card today, would I receive my full 15 night credit this year and again next year? I'm going to be short making platinum by 5 or 6 nights this year and would like to maintain Platinum status. They say it should happen within 60 days of approval. Does anyone have experience?

I currently have a Chase United Explorer Visa which I don't really use, would I get the point bonus and elite nights this year if I convert it to a Marriott Bonvoy card? Never mind just read you can't change outside of the plan type so this won't work.

Thanks!
You 'should' have time to get it this year and then annually thereafter.

Last edited by ackpfft; Oct 3, 2019 at 1:03 pm Reason: Typo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.