Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott App doesn’t show progress to Ambassador

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2018, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott - Lifetime Platinum Premier, AA - CK

In the last few days, I have seen apps from coworkers that show their progress to their next elite tier and to ambassador. Mine just shows Nights this year. It does not show the second circle for the progress to ambassador. In all of these cases, we are on the same version phone and app software.

Does anyone know why I don’t see it? I am lifetime Platinum Premier, but from what I could gather in the jumbled up status merge info, that doesn’t get me Ambassador. Or does it? For what it is worth, I have certainly not noticed any different treatment during my stays compared to the 14 previous years of Platinum.

Thanks for any input.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 4:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
NO, PP is not the same as PPwithAMB status.

If you look at your account on the regular website, can you see your progress toward AMB status? IIRC, spend only begins to appear after you have credited 50 nights during the calendar year (and of course only after August 18th). However, I think the "next step, Ambassador" does appear if you're already showing as PP on your account.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 5:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
NO, PP is not the same as PPwithAMB status.

If you look at your account on the regular website, can you see your progress toward AMB status? IIRC, spend only begins to appear after you have credited 50 nights during the calendar year (and of course only after August 18th). However, I think the "next step, Ambassador" does appear if you're already showing as PP on your account.

Thanks. I’ll check on the laptop (I never really go to Marriott on there). I have 164 nights so that should be enough to show.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 6:04 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
IIRC the spending tracker doesn’t appear until you’ve earned 75 nights in the current year, thereby qualifying you toward Plat Premier status for the year. (Your Lifetime status is irrelevant to this particular provision that shows your progress towards Ambassador status spending.)

You still need to achieve 100 nights and $20K spending like everyone else for Ambassdor status (except for this 2018 one time exception where 100 nights in legacy SPG hotels will also qualify for Ambassador status). Your Lifetime Plat Premier status has no bearing on your progress towards Ambassador status.

Last edited by bhrubin; Dec 12, 2018 at 6:48 pm
Old Dec 12, 2018, 6:42 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by bhrubin
IIRC the spending tracker doesn’t appear until you’ve earned 75 nights in the current year, thereby qualifying you toward Plat Premier status for the year. (Your Lifetime status is irrelevant to this particular provision that shows your progress towards Ambassador status spending.)

You still need to achieve 100 nights and $20K spending like everyone else for Ambassdor status (except for this 2018 one time exception where 100 nights in legacy SPG hotels will also qualify for Ambassador status). Your Lifetime Plat Premier status (which won’t even exist formally until 2019) has no bearing on your progress towards Ambassador status.
HUH? My account shows lifetime PP status. It exists now, and has since August 18th for those of us who earned it through the legacy MR requirements for LTP: 750 nights and 2,000,000 lifetime points.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 6:50 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
HUH? My account shows lifetime PP status. It exists now, and has since August 18th for those of us who earned it through the legacy MR requirements for LTP: 750 nights and 2,000,000 lifetime points.
My bad. I forgot to add that caveat. I edited my post to delete the entire comment—since this particular detail has nothing to do with my point or the OP.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 10:26 pm
Original Poster

My app shows this.... why don’t I see the progress to ambassador “circle”? I will check on my computer tomorrow. However, coworkers apps show the ambassador progress on their phone apps.

Old Dec 13, 2018, 12:02 am

Originally Posted by Head
My app shows this.... why don’t I see the progress to ambassador “circle”? I will check on my computer tomorrow. However, coworkers apps show the ambassador progress on their phone apps.

Out of curiosity, are you using the SPG app? I use the Marriott app for my account, and SPG for my wife's, and hers looks like this, while mine shows with the spend. She's a good $18-19k away, so it doesn't matter for us! (credit card credits and reward stays in case anyone is curious).
Old Dec 13, 2018, 3:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
The AMB spend progress has been glitchy, on both apps (apple + Android) as well as the website.
Currently, the only place I can see mine is on the website. Missing on both apps.

Several months ago, the only place mine showed up was the android app. Missing on the web and apple app.

It is Marriott IT...just roll with it, and hope you can see it on at least one of the 3....
Old Dec 13, 2018, 5:33 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
On marriott.com my account shows: "Now It’s Personal. Enjoy exclusive Ambassador Service through January 2020."

On the Marriott app it shows my nights (>100) and my spend (<20k) with no comment about the validity date of my status. It tells me how much more I need to spend for AMB.

Does the website and/or app know my night count split SPG vs Marriott and it does it know if I have more than 100 with SPG which is why I am qualified for AMB through Jan 2020? Somehow I have doubts about that.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 6:15 am

Location: DFW from PDX - UA 1K 2MM,Lifetime HHonnors Diamond, Bonvoy AMB/LT Tit, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Mine does not show it anymore either. I am at 113 nights. Mine also says enjoy through 2020.

Another issue is now my activity is not displaying anymore either. Been that way for a week.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by escape4
On marriott.com my account shows: "Now It’s Personal. Enjoy exclusive Ambassador Service through January 2020."

On the Marriott app it shows my nights (>100) and my spend (<20k) with no comment about the validity date of my status. It tells me how much more I need to spend for AMB.

Does the website and/or app know my night count split SPG vs Marriott and it does it know if I have more than 100 with SPG which is why I am qualified for AMB through Jan 2020? Somehow I have doubts about that.
I think the "now it's personal...." comment means that this is what you should aspire next, not that this is what you have earned.

Have you combined/merged your accounts and if so, did you do this before or after hitting 100+ SPG ONLY nights?
Old Dec 13, 2018, 6:46 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
I think the "now it's personal...." comment means that this is what you should aspire next, not that this is what you have earned.

Have you combined/merged your accounts and if so, did you do this before or after hitting 100+ SPG ONLY nights?
Interesting, I see what you mean. Initially I interpreted it differently. The top says:”You are Platinum Premier with Ambassador” and the box on the left: “Well Done. Congrats—you’ve reached our highest level of benefits.”. So my interpretation was that January 2020 was not the aspiration but rather something that I have achieved already.

I believe I merged my accounts in September which was probably before I reached 100 SPG nights. As of today I think I have over 100 SPG nights (not 100% sure) but given that the night count on Marriott.com seems wrong (SPG+Marriott total), I suspect they might not have my correct night count "SPG only" either, and I want to avoid the scenario where they tell me in early 2019 that I am no longer AMB. If I am AMB until Jan 2020 then I do not care much if my night count is wrong and no need to push the issue. Night count for the purposes of LT status is not critical or urgent so it can be resolved way down the road if necessary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.