Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Best executive lounge for free food in London and Paris (plat member)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2018, 1:13 am
Original Poster

Planning a trip during winter break and
Would like to stay in the Marriott brand hotel that will offer the best food option in executive lounge, iebreakfast and hot food in the evenings.

London and Paris.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 2:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
If you're in London & Paris, hopefully you'll be going out to dinner at local places & enjoying the reason you're in both places, vs. relying on exec lounges. Having said that, have you read the London & Paris family (ala, all Marriott properties vs. families per se) threads? You'll probably find your answers in those threads

Cheerse.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
I'm all in favour of making a meal out of the lounge where possible and going out for a proper meal when I feel like it, not because I'm obliged to by a lousy hotel offer.

However I'm also all in favour of doing my research in the individual hotel threads.
UA-NYC and lsquare like this.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
This thread title makes me sad. Paris and London are two of the most amazing, diverse cities on this planet for wonderful food and beverage at all price points.
arlflyer likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 1:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
This thread title makes me sad. Paris and London are two of the most amazing, diverse cities on this planet for wonderful food and beverage at all price points.
+1 all the way BUT we don't know OP reason for the request. Maybe he is on a per diem from his employer and if he eats in the lounge he gets the money and needs it for something else.
itsaboutthejourney likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 1:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The words winter break in the OP suggest that it could be a student. OP might be traveling alone since there's no we/family/couple mentioned, so this wouldn't be referring to winter break for his/her kids.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 9:48 pm

why judge? Everyone's situation is different. Some people can only afford to travel when they have to use the lounge for food/drinks.

the JW is nice in London as they served hard liquor last time I was there and had a very nice spread.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 10:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I too liked JW Grosvenor and saved money making liberal use of lounge for coffee and food. I don't drink alcohol but they had nice spread and good veggies at night.

Should we judge people for staying at a Fairfield Inn rather than St Regis in NY?

Or just answer their question...

People shouldn't be ridiculed for asking a legit question, esp when it comes to budgets. Many of us come here to learn how to save on or maximise budgets. I know I do
​​​​​
​​​​​​

​​
lsquare, cre95, SPN Lifer and 4 others like this.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 11:28 pm

There are lots of great properties in London with lounge access, albeit can be quite pricey even with points. Sadly, not that many options in Paris (Ren La Defense, Marriott Rive Gauche, and Marriott Opera).

Edit: Based on this thread, there's also the Sheraton in Paris, but it's at the airport.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 12:33 am

Programs: DL Plat 1MM, AA EXP 3MM, SQ Krisflyer Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTT, HH Gold
Free breakfast and even snacks make a big difference especially when travelling with a family (and going out for nice lunches and dinners). I consider myself lucky for not having to be price sensitive, but I can easily save $100 a day when travelling with wife and kids just by breakfast and afternoon snacks. My 8 year old will talk about the lounge at the Sheraton Salzburg before talking about anything else in that city.

The OP is smart to do some research. I am partial to the Sheraton Park Lane in London and the Marriott Rive Gauche when it comes to breakfast in those cities. Afternoon snacks at the Parklane aren't bad either. The London option is the much better one compared to Paris - I just haven't encountered a better option in Paris (and I by no means tried every Starriott hotel in both cities)
Old Oct 20, 2018, 3:11 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
You’ve also got to decide whether paying an extra 200 pounds per night (or more!) is worth it for a better lounge. You might be better just staying in a cheaper hotel and going out to eat. If it’s for business reasons (all comped on the account) then go for it.

Old Oct 20, 2018, 5:09 am

Programs: IHG Amb, MR Plat, FB Silver
Yes indeed, paying hundreds more for a hotel just to have "good veggies" in the evening would be penny wise and pound foolish. London and Paris lounges are nothing to write home about and you'll get better food at any fast food place or supermarket.
Old May 20, 2022, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by craigthemif
I'm all in favour of making a meal out of the lounge where possible and going out for a proper meal when I feel like it, not because I'm obliged to by a lousy hotel offer.

However I'm also all in favour of doing my research in the individual hotel threads.
Originally Posted by jr1202sr
why judge? Everyone's situation is different. Some people can only afford to travel when they have to use the lounge for food/drinks.

the JW is nice in London as they served hard liquor last time I was there and had a very nice spread.
Originally Posted by SHLTP
I too liked JW Grosvenor and saved money making liberal use of lounge for coffee and food. I don't drink alcohol but they had nice spread and good veggies at night.

Should we judge people for staying at a Fairfield Inn rather than St Regis in NY?

Or just answer their question...

People shouldn't be ridiculed for asking a legit question, esp when it comes to budgets. Many of us come here to learn how to save on or maximise budgets. I know I do
​​​​​
​​​​​​

​​
Originally Posted by flying_geek
Free breakfast and even snacks make a big difference especially when travelling with a family (and going out for nice lunches and dinners). I consider myself lucky for not having to be price sensitive, but I can easily save $100 a day when travelling with wife and kids just by breakfast and afternoon snacks. My 8 year old will talk about the lounge at the Sheraton Salzburg before talking about anything else in that city.

The OP is smart to do some research. I am partial to the Sheraton Park Lane in London and the Marriott Rive Gauche when it comes to breakfast in those cities. Afternoon snacks at the Parklane aren't bad either. The London option is the much better one compared to Paris - I just haven't encountered a better option in Paris (and I by no means tried every Starriott hotel in both cities)
I just discovered this thread, and I have to say something here. I think the mods need to crack down on the behavior of some of the people here. What the OP was asking is legitimate, and if these guys got nothing positive to say, then say nothing. There is nothing wrong with making a meal from the lounge. I've done it before myself. Don't like it? Tough. What are you going to do about it? Every time someone asks which hotel has the best lounge food, some people here seem to take it the wrong way.
SPN Lifer and username like this.
Old May 20, 2022, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by lsquare
I just discovered this thread, and I have to say something here. I think the mods need to crack down on the behavior of some of the people here. What the OP was asking is legitimate, and if these guys got nothing positive to say, then say nothing. There is nothing wrong with making a meal from the lounge. I've done it before myself. Don't like it? Tough. What are you going to do about it? Every time someone asks which hotel has the best lounge food, some people here seem to take it the wrong way.

Maybe the moderators could start by cracking down on posters who dig up 4 year old posts and provide no relevant information but just go on their own personal rant?

And you thought this would be helpful??? WHY? LOL!
WillBarrett_68, benfro6 and cre95 like this.
Old May 20, 2022, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
Maybe the moderators could start by cracking down on posters who dig up 4 year old posts and provide no relevant information but just go on their own personal rant?

And you thought this would be helpful??? WHY? LOL!
It's a common theme even today on FT.

And you haven't contributed anything either. Nice try. It sounds like you're eager to fight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.