Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Post Your Instant WIN - 29 Ways To Stay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 12, 2018, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: goldenbear
For convenience every day. link to play: https://29ways.marriott.com/

Can now win more than once.

If interested in other free travel sweeps (not confined to MAR), visit the Flyertalk Free Travel Contests & Sweeps forum
Print Wikipost

Post Your Instant WIN - 29 Ways To Stay

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2018, 10:52 am

I died laughing when I saw the rules...

The total maximum ARV of all prizes is $3,731,553.40USD. Limit one (1) Instant Win Prize per person.
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 11:18 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Day 1 500 points
Day 2 Entry into sweepstakes
Day 3 Entry into sweepstakes

Thought to try today directly after the maintenance update, thought there might be some 'prizes' left since no one could play for a couple of hours. But again nothing...
Old Oct 13, 2018, 12:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Entering daily,, after the 1st win, doesn't get you additional instant wins, but it does enter you into the grand prize drawing (2-night stay at each of the 29 brands), which has a value of $30,000 & a $7,000 check for US to pay the income taxes. So not that shoddy if one is interested in the GP (stays at all 29 brands). Up to each to decide if it's worth continuing to enter. It doesn't take long to play.

General info re: sweepstakes. It's quite common for sweepstakes run by companies (not just Marriott) to limit instant wins to one win. I've entered many sweeps where sometimes my instant win is quite a nice one & sometimes it's something that's only worth a couple of bucks, so then I'm out of the running for the other instant wins but am in the running for the grand prize of those other sweepstakes. It's also quite common for prizes to be awarded 8-10 weeks after the sweeps ends. Again, this isn't specific to Marriott.

I enter a lot of sweepstakes as a hobby when watching telly. Have won some lovely prizes over the years: trips, cash, gift cards, electronics, etc. I've also won some really minor things (key chains, t-shirts). BTW - we have a free travel contest & sweeps forum on Flyertalk, and a number of FTers have won trips from sweeps I've posted in that forum:

Free Travel Contests & Sweeps Forum

Back to the Marriott sweeps. Here are the prizes & the # being awarded.

Instant win:

4-night stay at (fill in one of the 29 brands): 6 prizes per brand Odds of winning 1:26,000
50 bonus points: 75,000 prizes per day Odds of winning: 1:2
500 bonus points: 5,000 prizes per day Odds of winning: 1:26
1,000 bonus points: 2,500 prizes per day Odds of winning: 1:52
2,000 bonus points: 500 prizes per day Odds of winning: 1:310
3,000 bonus points: 250 prizes per day Odds of winning: 1:615
4,000 bonus points: 100 prizes per day Odds of winning 1:1,552
5,000 bonus points: 75 prizes per day Odds of winning: 1:1,940
10,000 bonus points: 50 prizes per day Odds of winning: 1:2,821
20,000 bonus points: 16 prizes per day Odds of winning: 1:9,682

GP odds of winning based on # of entries received.

BTW - I did finally get email confirmation of my 500 points win, about 10 hours after I won.

Cheers.
LapLap and unclepants like this.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 12:55 pm

Programs: DL PM 1.5 MM , Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Day 1 - 50 points
Day 2 - Sweepstakes Entry
Day 3 - Sweepstakes Entry
Days 4 - 29 - Won't play
Old Oct 13, 2018, 1:22 pm

It only takes about 1-2 minutes to play, so I'll continue.

Cheers.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 7:03 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I missed entries for the first 2 days.
Boarded a 17 hour flight, and wifi was slow, so didn't really bother.

I guess I didn't miss much, since you can only earn a instant point's prize once.
Got 3k points on day 3. Pretty decent I guess..

What happens when you answered the trivia questions wrongly? Do you still get an entry for the sweepstakes?
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 7:04 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by bluestrudels
I missed entries for the first 2 days.
Boarded a 17 hour flight, and wifi was slow, so didn't really bother.

I guess I didn't miss much, since you can only earn a instant point's prize once.

What happens when you answered the trivia questions wrongly? Do you still get an entry for the sweepstakes?
Anecdotally, it doesn't seem to matter whether you get the trivia questions right or wrong.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 8:55 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Day 1 - Missed
Day 2 - Error
Day 3 - 50 points
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 11:12 pm

Programs: DL PM 2 Mil Miler, HZ PC, Marriott LT TI, AMB, Hilton Diamond
50 points
Old Oct 13, 2018, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by bluestrudels

3K is good! (compared to 50 or 500)

And AFAIK - correct answers don't matter (similar to other sweeps), so yes to entry for this sweeps. Example - the Travel Channel (US) is currently running a sweeps ($10,000 grand prize) & even if you answer wrong you still are entered.

Cheers.
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 2:40 am

4 days in and I've only seen one person claim to have won twice. I suspect they are mistaken or misunderstood. Even allowing for people keeping quiet, there would be more reported wins by now.

All the bloggers who were adamant that the one prize limit was per day were simply assuming that's how it would be because they thought anything else would be silly.

The odds of winning don't make sense to me.

The odds are based on an anticipated 4.5 million entries, but if you can only win once then that means 4.5 million unique accounts entering.

Then there are the daily limits. Eg for 50 points there are 75000 per day.

Add up all the daily points prize numbers, multiply by 29, and you get approx half of the 4.5 million, giving the overall odds of 1 in 2.

But if you can only win once, and it's 4.5 million unique account entries, and the prizes are spread evenly over 29 days, then they expect all those unique entries to be spread pretty evenly over 29 days.

That all sounds unlikely, until you learn that there are approx 110 million accounts (according to reports discussing the Marriott / SPG integration)

With 110 million accounts it only needs about 4% of accounts to enter before you hit 4.5 million, in which case the likelihood is that the odds of winning are actually a hell of a lot lower than claimed.

And so, therefore, despite what the bloggers claim, it is extremely unlikely that you would be able to win more than once.
Over 2 million prizes sounds like plenty enough to have multiple dips per person, but actually it isn't.
They would all have been gone in the first few days if you could win more than once , and anyone late to the party would have no chance.
margarita girl and UA-NYC like this.

Last edited by todderz; Oct 14, 2018 at 4:19 am
Old Oct 14, 2018, 2:52 am

Day 1 - 50 points
Day 2 - entry
Day 3 - entry
Day 4 - entry
Old Oct 14, 2018, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Thanks to @todderz for doing some math.

to Marriott for designing such a stupid promotion. If you genuinely want to teach members about all 29 brands, you need to give a better reason to play every day.

Like @Seabilly I have now officially lost interest in this promo.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 6:07 am

Days 4 - 29 - Won't play

Originally Posted by Seabilly
Day 1 - 50 points
Day 2 - Sweepstakes Entry
Day 3 - Sweepstakes Entry
Days 4 - 29 - Won't play
17SPG points big win ) missing this game form SPG much better points to win each day.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 8:14 am

The new promotions are super weak. Disappointed to find you can only get an instant win once. Last year you could get 1k points a week in their football promo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.