Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite - years needed?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite - years needed?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2018, 9:44 pm

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by forr

Does this still work if you’ve combined accounts?
Yes I believe so though there are other threads that discuss it in more detail.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 10:10 pm

Programs: Marriott
Originally Posted by geminidreams
Yes I believe so though there are other threads that discuss it in more detail.
Thanks. I’ve spent all evening reading up on it and I think that’s correct. Marriott has really made this confusing and stressful for those of us right at the cutoff.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 10:18 pm

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by forr

Thanks. I’ve spent all evening reading up on it and I think that’s correct. Marriott has really made this confusing and stressful for those of us right at the cutoff.
Try reading the merge accounts thread. There have been a number of discussions across a number of threads. I was considering a 25 stay tilt at platinum for year end but they mapped my status to plat so wont bother.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 3:18 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Originally Posted by Kate031
Hey guys,

According to the Marriott app, I currently have 761 lifetime nights, and 9 years of Platinum. I'm about 500K short from the 2M lifetime point qualification, but I'm hoping I can qualify for Lifetime Premier Platinum with my nights and years with Platinum status. Any idea if the "9" showing in the app includes or excludes this current year? Like, would I hit 10 years by the 12/31/18 qualification deadline, or does the 9 mean we are currently in the 9th year?

Thanks!
At least when you combine your MR and SPG accounts on my app it says renew Platinum at 50 Nights, I take that as I have not yet qualified for Platinum this year...(which I have not done yet)
Old Sep 21, 2018, 12:09 am

My last stay just posted and I just crossed over 50 Marriott nights today, and my years of platinum did not change from 9. I was going to shoot for Lifetime PPE since I have 742 nights. Now I won't even get Lifetime Platinum. This is stupid.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 12:24 am

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by Varus50
My last stay just posted and I just crossed over 50 Marriott nights today, and my years of platinum did not change from 9. I was going to shoot for Lifetime PPE since I have 742 nights. Now I won't even get Lifetime Platinum. This is stupid.
The LT years thing is more than mysterious. Having said that, I recently had a stay post, and it went as follows:

1. Points in the mobile app incremented. (No other change anywhere.)
2. Nights in the mobile app incremented several hours later.
3. Next day both points and nights incremented on the website (for all I know at one point there was a lag between points and nights posting there, too).

There's also this nonsense notion (per Lurker) of doing a LT sweep at the end of each year going forward. So at this point you don't know if somehow 2018 was already being counted, or you just need to wait a bit for the system to catch up, or your year will be added at the end of 2018/beginning of 2019, or if the year will for whatever reason never post (e.g. because of some IT glitch accidentally counted an extra year and they're silently clawing it back - something really stupid like that).

Obviously the safe thing to do is go nail down those final eight nights in the interim, but you might also want to consider braving the whole CSR wait time and potential for bad info. I'd definitely want answers if I were you.

(Incidentally you will get LT Plat - it's LTPP that's in question, obviously.)
Old Sep 21, 2018, 1:30 am

Have you combined your accounts or are they still separate?
Old Sep 21, 2018, 5:40 am

I combined accounts in late August shortly after the option presented itself - no observed issues with the combination.

I did email customer support and received this terse response:

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to Marriott Customer Care today.

Platinum tenure will update in January 2019.
Whatever that means! Seems to corroborate what Lurker said but sucks to have to wait to find out.

I responded to the email asking for direct confirmation whether I would be granted LTP or LTPP on Jan 1 2019 based on achieving platinum status this year, and 750 lifetime nights this year and am waiting response.

In the meantime, nothing to do except secure those 8 nights to hit 750. I'll update the thread based on response to my email and/or if the lifetime years at platinum count advances to 10.

​​​​​​​
Old Sep 21, 2018, 6:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
The LT years thing is more than mysterious. Having said that, I recently had a stay post, and it went as follows:

1. Points in the mobile app incremented. (No other change anywhere.)
2. Nights in the mobile app incremented several hours later.
3. Next day both points and nights incremented on the website (for all I know at one point there was a lag between points and nights posting there, too).

There's also this nonsense notion (per Lurker) of doing a LT sweep at the end of each year going forward. So at this point you don't know if somehow 2018 was already being counted, or you just need to wait a bit for the system to catch up, or your year will be added at the end of 2018/beginning of 2019, or if the year will for whatever reason never post (e.g. because of some IT glitch accidentally counted an extra year and they're silently clawing it back - something really stupid like that).

Obviously the safe thing to do is go nail down those final eight nights in the interim, but you might also want to consider braving the whole CSR wait time and potential for bad info. I'd definitely want answers if I were you.

(Incidentally you will get LT Plat - it's LTPP that's in question, obviously.)
If the "OP" doesn't get LTPP, LTP at this time is also unclear due to the ten years requirement. It could require an additional full calendar year or more, depending on how the lifetime sweeps are implemented.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 6:05 am

I combined accounts in late August shortly after the option presented itself - no observed issues with the combination.

I did email customer support and received this terse response:

Whatever that means! Seems to corroborate what Lurker said but sucks to have to wait to find out.

I responded to the email asking for direct confirmation whether I would be granted LTP or LTPP on Jan 1 2019 based on achieving platinum status this year, and 750 lifetime nights this year and am waiting response.

In the meantime, nothing to do except secure those 8 nights to hit 750. I'll update the thread based on response to my email and/or if the lifetime years at platinum count advances to 10.
Did your app say: "Renew Platinum Elite at 50 Nights" before you hit 50 Nights?
Old Sep 21, 2018, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by X-ON
Did your app say: "Renew Platinum Elite at 50 Nights" before you hit 50 Nights?

Yes it did show that. So what I was expecting, was that clearing 50 nights like I just did, I would see that 1. I am now Platinum status, 2. next step Platinum Premier, and 3. Lifetime Platinum (10 years at Platinum). I got the first two but not the third - still showing Lifetime Gold and 9 years Platinum.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 6:43 am

That is just plain weird, if you renewed platinum, your current status was expiring in Feb 2019, hence by renewing the status was extended to 2020, i.e. you earned a status year in 2018.
It is ridiculous that such basic information as when your current status expire is omitted from the website and app, surely a testament to the sub par Mickey Mouse IT at Marriott.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 6:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Isn't there a question of whether you get the additional year of status credited now or in January (or even later next year)?
Old Sep 21, 2018, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Isn't there a question of whether you get the additional year of status credited now or in January (or even later next year)?
Sure but it is quite surprising that such a trivial temporal update of a database entry cannot be handled in real time but needs to be batched at the end of the year ... One possible reason could be that 2018 is more complicated in the sense that you can earn:
(1) a MPG year
(2) a MR year
(3) a SPG year

where MPG year only count towards LTP, MR year and SPG year count towards LTP and LTPP and the maximum awarded years is capped at 2. Not exactly rocket science but probably too much for MAR IT and their current setup.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 12:30 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If the "OP" doesn't get LTPP, LTP at this time is also unclear due to the ten years requirement. It could require an additional full calendar year or more, depending on how the lifetime sweeps are implemented.
Indeed - my comment was not very clear. I was responding to the statement "Now I won't even get Lifetime Platinum." Probably my biggest hope for the new 2019 program at this point is a naming convention that didn't result from drawing names out of a hat (or even that, so long as no words are allowed to be repeated)...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.