Wiki Posts
Search

Current Marriott company line

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2018, 1:59 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Newman
Ditto to the above.

ISSUES ARE BEING RESOLVED. Perhaps not as quickly as you would like, but every day there is more progress.
I have a vivid memory of the United/Continental merger (actually more of a takeover). And the current Marriott/Starwood/Ritz merger is going far smoother than that one did.
The current growing pains are relatively minor. Patience is a virtue. Try to be virtuous....

Newman
Absolutely. I am not experiencing any issues. But they've now acknowledged they have issues. In contrast, when UA/CO merged, I had lost reservations, random seat changes, refund issues, and all kinds of other problems. And UA wouldn't even acknowledge there were problems. Most of the issues being reported are not the end of the world.

Originally Posted by CLEguy
Thank you. I will PM you in advance of any post in order to get your perspective on whether or not it is worthy of sharing.
I wouldn't say it's a waste of time. To me, Twitter is a waste of time, and I never would have seen this, so thank you for sharing it. Your context around it is odd though..."nothing matters anymore". Again, the world is not ending. There are some IT issues in a loyalty rewards program. They're working on them and can't give a timeline yet. That's it. Not really a big deal if you compare it to someone who loses their job, or finds out they have cancer, or whatever. It's understandable to be frustrated, but perspective is important too.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 7:23 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by Newman
Ditto to the above.

ISSUES ARE BEING RESOLVED. Perhaps not as quickly as you would like, but every day there is more progress.
I have a vivid memory of the United/Continental merger (actually more of a takeover). And the current Marriott/Starwood/Ritz merger is going far smoother than that one did.
The current growing pains are relatively minor. Patience is a virtue. Try to be virtuous....
......In the meantime, I couldn't agree more with CPRich. You are wasting everyone's time.

Newman
You and I have two different versions of the UA/CO merger. I don't remember nearly as many problems during that merger particularly this far after the conversion. Not saying there weren't issues during the UA/CO merger but I don't remember any program merger as poorly handled as this one.
cruisr likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 2:23 pm

Programs: UA, HHonors, MarriotRewards
Current "we're trying even though you might not be able to tell" message for those that can access website is thisbe sure to scroll down)

Old Sep 7, 2018, 1:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by mcgahat
You and I have two different versions of the UA/CO merger. I don't remember nearly as many problems during that merger particularly this far after the conversion. Not saying there weren't issues during the UA/CO merger but I don't remember any program merger as poorly handled as this one.
The merger of the UA and CO frequent flyer programs went pretty well. Operationally, there were all kinds of problems. The Marriott/SPG merger has been exactly the opposite experience, as the problems have mostly been on the loyalty program side.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 7:52 am

Programs: Liftime Titanium Elite Marriott
The UA/CO merger was a tea party compared to this cock-up. It was pretty much seemless for me. I mean at least have the decency to respond to emails.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.