Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Can you redeem single night Marriott certs on SPG hotels yet?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2018, 1:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist

I still have a Megabonus cert that's now converted to a cat 1-4 cert. I'm trying to figure out how to redeem it for SPG hotels. Usually with Marriott hotels, there's an option to use either points or cert, but I don't seem to see that option with SPG hotels. It just takes me to the booking confirmation page when selecting points. Am I missing something? Is the option available yet?
Old Aug 23, 2018, 1:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by SP03
Is the option available yet?
Reports are that's not possible.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 2:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Can I call to book with certs? or just book with points now and wait for the option to open? My stay is next month and one of the dates I wanted is already sold out so I don't want to wait too long
Old Aug 23, 2018, 1:24 pm

Programs: UA Platinum 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
I'm interested too. I have two certificates that we were told post merger could be used on SPG hotels up to 25K points. When/How?
Old Aug 23, 2018, 2:16 pm
Community Director Emerita

I was looking at hotels where I would use a cert yesterday. The Starwood hotels came up with a note to call to book. The Marriott hotels let me book online. I wanted the Marriott option so didn't call for the Starwood option.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 3:33 pm

Programs: UA Platinum 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Can one of the Lurkers give us an update on this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.