Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay, CA, USA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay, CA, USA [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2017, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by t1c
Good to know. I just either book club level or not. I have never used my points until recently and when I did it was a 7 day package.
Personally, I find a great deal of value in the Club, so I don't stay a Ritz unless I'm Club Level. Pretty easy to do on a points stay or utilizing the upgrade certs from the RC card.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 12:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Question Updates? Reviews?

Any updates/reviews on this hotel? Thinking of going there with my wife in April; would be making use of my three free nights from my RC credit card.

A few more specific questions:

1. Any specific advice on what I might expect as an RC Platinum in terms of upgrades?
2. Am I correct in expecting that a suite upgrade is out of the question?
3. How about an upgrade to an Ocean View Fire Pit room?
4. Am I correct in assuming that parking is still a hefty charge, unless you're in the guest house?
5. Any other advice on rooms, etc. is very welcome.

Thanks!
Old Aug 25, 2017, 12:37 pm

Expect minimal/by-the-book benefits as a Platinum. Upgrades will be 1-category type upgrades, like Ocean View or Balcony. Suite UG's are rare but not out of the question for Plats, depending on how busy they are and inquiring nicely @ check-in. We got a Fire Pit room upgrade in the Guest House; can't speak to the main hotel. Our late check out requests up to 4pm have also been granted. Yes, still a charge for parking.

Our best experiences, however, have been on the Club Floor, both in the treatment by the staff and the all-day food service. With basically nothing else around the property, it was worth the paid upgrade (or Club Upgrade Certificate) for our family. We even took up the offer to access the club level while staying at the Guest House one time.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 6:33 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Globalist.
Ritz Half Moon Bay for Babymoon - Platinum Upgrades / Treatment?

Hi all -- I'm a Marriott Plat and considering doing a babymoon at the Ritz Half Moon Bay with my wife, likely on points.

Curious how any other Platinum's experiences have been? Upgrades? Any other amenities?
Old Sep 13, 2017, 6:46 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Globalist.
Just booked two nights on points with my wife in the Guest House Guest Room.

I'm Marriott Platinum -- curious if anyone has experienced upgrades to the firepit rooms (or beyond that)? And what the best room type to ask for an upgrade into is?

Seems like the property is pretty minimal on benefits for elite status, trying to decide if I should pay for an upgrade in advance or not.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 6:59 pm

Just completed a two night stay as a plat. Booked a standard room with points. Got an auto upgraded online two days before check in to a fireplace room. When I arrived got upgraded again to a ocean view cottage suite. Lost the fireplace but gained a living room and a balcony. Plus the 'community' fireplaces were right next to us anyways.

All in all I'm pleased with my stay and had no issues.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
A belated thanks to ntamayo for the info you provided, and a thanks to Rdrew as well for the review.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by Thunderroad
A belated thanks to ntamayo for the info you provided, and a thanks to Rdrew as well for the review.

Stayed this past September. Amazing property and phenomenal club lounge. See review here: A Tale of Two Ritz's (RC Laguna Niguel, RC Half Moon Bay, AA J, B6 Mint, and more!)
Old Dec 27, 2017, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for pointing me to the review, benj. Nice shots, including that family selfie!
Old Jan 14, 2018, 11:58 pm

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Update: I made a booking and called in to attach my credit card upgrade cert. The agent rebooked me into the $465 room, then upgraded it to a coastal view room with club access. i'm now paying $465+ for their $675 club room. I like it.

Resort fee is $25/day.

Parking is an eye watering $45/day, whether valet or self.
Originally Posted by dayone
Very good deal. You'll enjoy the hotel (and the Club Level).

You just have to surrender to RC parking fees.
No you don't. There's no parking fees in the self-park in the club houses which are the best accommodations too.

On the free night certs we were given a huge oceanfront in the clubhouses. Much quieter than the main building. Private oceanfront patio with firepit, 4 room bathroom, etc. I didn't ask for the upgrade. Pleasant surprise.

It's a weird feeling when you pull up to the RC because they put a sticker on your car at the entrance booth and the doorman greets you by name and already knows what room you're in before you do. Nice touch.

The food in the restaurant is expensive but very good. Mostly the place is about walking a lot of oceanfront cliffs on paths. The locker rooms and sitting rooms in the gym/spa are outrageous.

One of the best uses of free night certs for sure! Way above most RC's and certainly a 5 star. (the normal prices are eye-watering !)

Last edited by tassojunior; Jan 15, 2018 at 12:04 am
Old Feb 16, 2018, 7:47 am

Family and I visited this HMB hotel in July 2017. I must be one of the few that didn't care too much for it, but it largely had to do with the fact that I didn't do enough research and didn't realize it's extremely foggy and cloudy 24/7 most of the summer months. The bellman made the same comment. We seriously didn't see any sun over our 2 night stay. We had booked two free night certificates in the Guest House to avoid parking fees. On arrival, we had been moved to the main building and was told we would still get free parking. No issues with this at checkout. Our room appeared to be the standard reward room - 2 queens facing south with no ocean view - so no real upgrade to just be in the main building. The room itself was fine. The outdoor areas appeared nice, but again, we couldn't really enjoy it with the weather the way it was. We were rather disappointed with the pool - not only is it a little bit of a walk to get to from the main building, but it was just a rather bland looking pool you would find in a nondescript community gym. However, my wife said the spa facilities in the main building are top-notch.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 5:33 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by bombnthud
... it's extremely foggy and cloudy 24/7 most of the summer months. The bellman made the same comment. We seriously didn't see any sun over our 2 night stay.
That's ... huh. I've been (yet not stayed) there about a half-dozen times over the last 5-6 years and it's always been great out (at least not foggy). Maybe it's 'cause I'm either there around noontime, or at night near the pits.

Sorry to hear that marred your trip, though.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 3:38 pm

Returned here over the weekend to celebrate my wife's birthday. Weather was much better in HMB compared to over the hills on the peninsula. Once again, an awesome stay and impeccable service by the staff.

We reserved a club level room, got upgraded to one of the four balcony rooms, and were granted 2pm late checkout.

For room service, we were able to order off the Conservatory menu which had more selections over the standard in-room dining.

Club Level Balcony Ocean View:

Club Lounge:
Old Apr 2, 2018, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Recommendations re a rainy stay?

Looking forward to visiting the HMB with my wife this Friday-Monday, partly to celebrate my birthday and partly to take advantage of my three award nights via the RC credit card, although it looks like Friday and Saturday will be quite rainy. We can't change the dates for various reasons, so are pushing through despite the weather forecast.

So...any recommendations on which rooms/upgrades to request in view of the rain? (I realize from the upthread discussion that as a Platinum I'll be lucky to get a one-level upgrade.) Right now we're booked into a room in the Guest House. I assume the fire pit becomes far less desirable and being in the main hotel more desirable. But I'd welcome any advice. Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by Thunderroad
So...any recommendations on which rooms/upgrades to request in view of the rain?
For the guest house, I'd try for an ocean view fire pit room. Even with the rain, you'll still get a nice view of both the ocean and golf course.

If it gets too windy with the rain, the walk to the main building can get a little dicey, in which case you can ring up the valet to pick you up.

The wine bar had a promotion a couple years ago where they brought out a "rainy day" collection of exclusive / rare wines for sampling. Might want to ask if they still do it.

Also, the bagpipers don't come out during the rain.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.