Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

FAMILY - Best FLORIDA or CARIBBEAN hotel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAMILY - Best FLORIDA or CARIBBEAN hotel

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2017, 9:50 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
ritz has sarasota, naples, orlando, amelia, cancun, aruba
ritz orlando has adjacent JW and MVC
(for adults, could stay there and book RC spa pool)
OP says beach important. Be a long walk from Orlando.
Old May 28, 2017, 4:30 am

Thanks for the thread as I am also on a mission to find something similar for week between xmas and new years or something in March of 2018. We tend to stay at MVC properties via the timeshare world, so that is what we are use to. But, I have all these MR points and really should try to use them.

My wish list:
* family friendly either with good pools or beach.
* warm weather
* 1BR or higher (I find most MVC only gives you studio option)
* US, Caribbean or Mexico
* Kitchen - need to cut down the cost of meals out (would consider lounge to help with this)
Old May 28, 2017, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by mdurette
Thanks for the thread as I am also on a mission to find something similar for week between xmas and new years or something in March of 2018. We tend to stay at MVC properties via the timeshare world, so that is what we are use to. But, I have all these MR points and really should try to use them.

My wish list:
* warm weather
* Kitchen - need to cut down the cost of meals out (would consider lounge to help with this)
IMO your best bet is to use the points when you go to the MVC properties. For example if you go to Maui stay at the Ritz or Marriott Wailea for a few days before or after checking into the MVC. Aruba is another area where you can stay at a Ritz. The Ritz Grand Cayman is very nice as well and while there is no MVC they do have other timeshare type properties. JW Cancun is a property I really liked. At least this way you turn your 7 day vacation into a 10 or 12 day vacation. You won't get a kitchen most likely but use the time staying at the hotels to go to some various restaurants.
Old May 28, 2017, 6:46 am
ymx

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
Make sure you consider the Marriott Autograph French Leave Resort on Eleuthera in the Bahamas. Their oceanfront villas have full kitchens. And the French Leave beach is the most beautiful beach I've ever seen - practically private and miles of soft pink sand.

Yiu can book for 36,000 points a night utilizing the 5th night free. The villas with kitchens might require a cash upgrade.

Originally Posted by mdurette
Thanks for the
thread as I am also on a mission to find something similar for week between xmas and new years or something in March of 2018. We tend to stay at MVC properties via the timeshare world, so that is what we are use to. But, I have all these MR points and really should try to use them.

My wish list:
* warm weather
Old May 28, 2017, 8:49 am

Location: STL, MO-US and A , SWA A-List, Marriott LTTE, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Hands down, JW Marriott Marco Island !!!
Old May 28, 2017, 8:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by ALARISstl
Hands down, JW Marriott Marco Island !!!
Could you explain why? It helps others when they're trying to make a decision.

Cheers.
Old May 28, 2017, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ritz lauderdale, bal harbour, cayman have condo residences in inventory

if tons of points, starwood has Ws including south beach, not sure re st regis bal harbour

scrub island still autograph? not sure whats in hotel inventory vs rental
Old May 28, 2017, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
ritz lauderdale, bal harbour, cayman have condo residences in inventory

if tons of points, starwood has Ws including south beach, not sure re st regis bal harbour

scrub island still autograph? not sure whats in hotel inventory vs rental
Do you have experience w/ any of those properties or are you just mentioning them? I think the OP is looking for recommendations based on experience.

Cheers.
Old May 28, 2017, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ritz lauderdale and st regis bal harbour very well regarded

if one has the points, luxury condos beat timeshares

of course sometimes depends what is available for points
Old May 29, 2017, 9:12 am

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
We recently enjoyed a week at one of the Marriott Vacation Club properties near West Palm Beach. It was on an island, it had beach access, multiple pools, activities for the kids and an easy drive to many, many restaurants and other activities in the West Palm Beach area. We used points for a two bedroom unit that also included a full kitchen, two bathrooms and a living room. It is a great option for a family of four or five depending on the age of the kids.
Old May 29, 2017, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by DL-Don
We used points for a two bedroom unit that also included a full kitchen, two bathrooms and a living room. It is a great option for a family of four or five depending on the age of the kids.
How were you able to do this? Was a 2 BR just an option when booking with MRP? I have been searching MCV inventory and even off season weeks only offer up 1BR units.
Old May 29, 2017, 2:11 pm

Report today on Hollywood Marriott near FLL:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28375249-post552.html

Cheers.
Old May 29, 2017, 4:48 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Originally Posted by jtwiz
We've stayed at the Marriotts in Curacao and St. Kitts, both of which we liked. I would go back to either, but our problem is the lack of direct flights. I hate wasting time on connecting flights on vacation...

I would also consider the JW Marriott or CasaMagna Marriott in Cancun (they are next door to each other.) We stayed at the CasaMagna and were very happy with our stay - we got an upgrade to oceanfront, top floor. We split time between the beach and pool, had a rate with breakfast included. All in all, it was a really great week. And don't be put off by Cancun being labeled a party destination, the two Marriotts are in a nice, quiet area.
I would second Curacao or Cancun.

We just got back from the JW Marriott in Cancun - it and the Marriott Casa Magna are next to each other. Excellent beach with waves. The JW Marriott has a cool pool layout that the whole family would like and very easy to grab a beach shelter with table any time of day. We had a Grand Ocean Suite that was a one bedroom, but no kitchen. They have a club level. When I made my booking, the Club level was open for MR points reservations.

Edit: Ritz Aruba Club level is really nice. Fun island if you like to do some beach off-road exploration on the back side of island (Rent a Jeep).

Last edited by pharmawalk; May 29, 2017 at 4:58 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.