Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Hotel Paseo, Autograph Collection - Palm Desert, CA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2018, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Has $25 resort fee.
Print Wikipost

Hotel Paseo, Autograph Collection - Palm Desert, CA [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2018, 7:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update. Much appreciated. However, the property is wrong. If there is no lounge it's points or breakfast for elite+1 at Autograph Collection (the property isn't a resort), not per room.

Cheers.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 10:46 am

Programs: Marriott/SPG Ambassador, Delta Diamond, Hertz Platinum
To add my two cents...

Yes, a nice property. Room design and stylings are rather generic — remind me of several other properties I’ve stayed at. That’s not usually the case at Autographs.

I didn’t notice cabanas that look like the PR pictures posted above. But the common spaces all do reflect a modern, chic flair — good for the Instagram crowd. Okay, I confess that’s me.

The mattress is one of those super comfortable types where you want to rip off the sheets and know who makes it. One of the best I’ve ever slept in.

I did find it strange that there’s a restaurant on site and a door hanger in the room to order breakfast, but nothing is offered to Platinums beyond the 1000 point “sorry no breakfast” gift. IMO, if there’s breakfast available, it should at least be offered.

Overall it’s a nice property and I’d come back just for the bed.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 10:56 am

Last edited by VisaW; Oct 15, 2018 at 6:56 pm Reason: double post, accidentally - mods pls delete.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 11:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
The property is not a resort & is not listed as a property that only offers 1,000 points/excludes breakfast. Marriott T&Cs are clear that if there is no lounge, the elite+1 gets breakfast. If it's not offered (or presumably the wrong thing is offered, ala posts above stating $10 voucher per room & another saying no brekkie, 1,000 points only), one could invoke the $100 breakfast guarantee per T&Cs.

https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi

Cheers.
Horace and VisaW like this.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
The property is not a resort & is not listed as a property that only offers 1,000 points/excludes breakfast. Marriott T&Cs are clear that if there is no lounge, the elite+1 gets breakfast. If it's not offered (or presumably the wrong thing is offered, ala posts above stating $10 voucher per room & another saying no brekkie, 1,000 points only), one could invoke the $100 breakfast guarantee per T&Cs.

https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi

Cheers.
Hm. They charge a resort fee. Err, a destination fee.

I will look into claiming that guarantee.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by VisaW

Hm. They charge a resort fee. Err, a destination fee.

I will look into claiming that guarantee.
Good luck with that. This property STILL won't disclose what their resort fee is and what it includes. With that and the breakfast, it appears they are not compliant with Marriott brand standards. Property looks nice, but I don't want to play games with the front desk.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 11:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
Even if they consider themselves a resort, you should have been offered a breakfast as your Platinum arrival gift... Invoke the guarantee and let corporate know...
Old Mar 13, 2019, 2:44 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
I might go to Palm desert for a few nights later this year... Does anyone know if the breakfast situation is resolved for elites?
Old Mar 27, 2019, 8:42 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, HH Diamond, MR/RC Plat, KLM Plat, AS MVPG75K, UA Gold
Originally Posted by Muerz
I might go to Palm desert for a few nights later this year... Does anyone know if the breakfast situation is resolved for elites?
I walked into the PASEO and talked the front desk a few weeks ago (was staying at the JW for a conference) regarding breakfast-still not resolved. They still claim that the restaurant is operated by a third party (thus they are exempt). My Ambassador opened a "ticket" but it was closed with no response. The breakfast credit will be for use at Starbucks for a pastry and coffee I believe.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 1:23 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, DL Diamond & 2M Miler, Marriott Titanium
My ticket complaining about the lack of complimentary continental breakfast was closed as well. So aggravating that they're allowed to flout the rules. I'm working up the chain, though, for whatever that's worth. Meanwhile the Triada Autograph property in Palm Springs was happy to provide breakfast that was more than continental as well as the $10 food and beverage vouchers for two guests.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 2:53 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, DL Diamond & 2M Miler, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by BNAChairman
My ticket complaining about the lack of complimentary continental breakfast was closed as well. So aggravating that they're allowed to flout the rules. I'm working up the chain, though, for whatever that's worth. Meanwhile the Triada Autograph property in Palm Springs was happy to provide breakfast that was more than continental as well as the $10 food and beverage vouchers for two guests.
Update: A rep on the Titanium line offered 15,000 points since he knew it would be an uphill battle with the property. I took it.
frankvb likes this.
Old May 5, 2022, 5:31 pm

Any recent experiences here? I see the destination fee includes parking, a Mercedes shuttle service, yoga and 30% off golf. How accessible is the shuttle and is it just for the airport? Have they resolved the breakfast issue?
Old Jun 8, 2022, 3:28 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by BNAChairman
Update: A rep on the Titanium line offered 15,000 points since he knew it would be an uphill battle with the property. I took it.
Going to stay here in a few weeks so will try to update this thread on what happens.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 11:53 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
No free breakfast offered after I asked for it. For various (unrelated) reasons I didn't push them any further.
Old May 5, 2023, 10:22 pm

Finishing a 5 night stay. Can advise on Sun-Thur but avoid any nights that have outdoor events.
Overall wouldn’t come back unless it was a heavily discounted rate at <$200 inclusive. The risk of not being able to rest is too high. Booked a premium room with balcony and Mountain View.
SNA request was denied <24 hours before checkin.
Pros: modern large rooms, all seem to have a balcony. Lovely scenery, good food within walking distance. Nice pool area that was never busy.
Medium: not an effective space for working in the room for two persons.
Cons: small courtyard which allows for some level of disturbance in rooms that face it. E.g. yippy dogs, late night conversations carry pretty far after a few drinks. Currently an evening charity event happening and won’t be able to sleep until they stop the DJ. Hopefully that happens before 10pm due to 6am departure tomorrow. Staff have not responded to my chat request on ending time.
The room has a phone handset but no cable so chat is the only way to communicate from the room.
Limited plug options for charging multiple devices 25% in the room don’t work.
Shower is uncomfortable and not adjustable. Water pressure is painful due to shower head but also pretty weak and does not make it easy to wash long hair.

Best way to describe the hotel staff is aloof. Interactions have been on the lower quality side. The housekeeping staff are diligent with daily cleaning but lax on outside requests. Connected restaurant staff have a high customer service level and food and drinks are above average.
I’m comfortable with the arrangement we came to at check in for the elite benefits for breakfast and that high speed internet being included in the destination fee. Connected restaurant had no complaints or challenges when using vouchers.

Last edited by Clcr; May 7, 2023 at 2:19 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.