Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Aloft El Segundo - Los Angeles Airport (LAX) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2017, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest A-List, AMC Stubs A-List, Chick-fil-A-List

The former Hacienda Hotel's south tower was rebuilt in 2016 and opened as the Aloft El Segundo.

While most of the decor is familiar to Aloft regulars, the room layout is more like a typical hotel room, lacking the long open bathroom that you're used to seeing at Aloft. My room was a little small by today's standards, and a giant beanbag chair took up a lot of floor space.

I lucked out on the twice-hourly shuttle service and only waited 5 minutes to be picked up from LAX.

The biggest plus for me was the location, south of the airport. Easy walk to Ralphs, Walgreens, In-N-Out (the new one), Starbucks, and plenty of other reasonably priced restaurants. Quiet area with little of the sketchiness you find around the Century Blvd hotels.

A good choice for a comfortable overnight layover.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 2:34 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
How's the breakfast option at this place? Any recent reviews?

Staying for 1 night transiting LAX.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest A-List, AMC Stubs A-List, Chick-fil-A-List
They have the standard USA Aloft breakfast pots, $15/person credit last time I was there, enough for one bowl and coffee.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 9:34 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by SpeedyDelivery
They have the standard USA Aloft breakfast pots, $15/person credit last time I was there, enough for one bowl and coffee.
Interesting, thanks for the info.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 2:46 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by lcpteck
How's the breakfast option at this place? Any recent reviews?

Staying for 1 night transiting LAX.
Originally Posted by SpeedyDelivery
I recently had a 16 hour overnight at LAX and the Aloft was reasonably priced for a place to sleep. The El Segundo neighborhood is on the up and up with a lot of food options nearby (By the way if you love Italian, I'd recommend Jame with their hand rolled pasta). As for the Aloft it was okay and they had a pool, fireplace, and some recreational amenities if you're into that hipster vibe.

The breakfast on the other hand is definitely not worth $15 so I'd stay away from that and walk across the street to some other restaurants or In-N-Out if you're willing to wait until lunch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.