Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Ritz Carlton Hong Kong [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2016, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist

I am planning the honeymoon of all honeymoons once I marry my fiancée and Hong Kong will be one of the places we go. I am a Marriott Platinum Elite and I know that club lounge access at Ritz's is the one benefit you don't get as a Marriott Platinum but wanted to know if anyone has been actually upgraded to club level or even a suite when using points to book at the Ritz Hong Kong. Also what do they charge for club access and is it daily or based on your length of stay? I have never stayed on Kowloon side of Hong Kong and that Ritz looks like the best view one can get in Hong Kong.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 7:06 pm

Get the Ritz credit card and you can almost guarantee club access.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 9:15 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by sig05
Get the Ritz credit card and you can almost guarantee club access.
True - but you have to pay the BAR to use the certificate. You cannot use it on points.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We celebrated our 20th on points at the JW and they treated us fabulously.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 4:26 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, UA Silver, HH G, IHG P, Hyatt P
The party line for Ritz properties are no free upgrade to club level or suites. There may be exceptions but I imagine you would have a really hard time for a points stay.

I have used Z38 and the credit card to get a club level room at that hotel. It is an amazing hotel and the club level is especially great there. The views are out of this world when there isn't weather blocking them.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 6:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ENycSea
The party line for Ritz properties are no free upgrade to club level or suites. There may be exceptions but I imagine you would have a really hard time for a points stay.

I have used Z38 and the credit card to get a club level room at that hotel. It is an amazing hotel and the club level is especially great there. The views are out of this world when there isn't weather blocking them.
Yeah that's what I kind of figured. Will hope that I will be one of those exceptions lol. But really excited to stay at this property
Old Jul 12, 2016, 9:02 am

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
If it's the "honeymoon of honeymoons" then how can you not be paying for a suite with club level access? I certainly wouldn't rely on *possible* upgrades for a trip described like that.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 10:35 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

If the room type is important, pay for where you want to stay, not where you hope to stay.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 10:45 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
+1 I had part of my honeymoon as well as two birthdays at the HKG JW and they treated us great too!
Old Jul 13, 2016, 10:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ENycSea

Moreover, at the Hong Kong property, AFAIK club lounge access can be granted to any room, so that there isn't a special access controlled hotel within the hotel for club level guests.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 10:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Travel & Leisure just named RC HKG in its "World's Best" Awards (issue coming out August 2016).

Cheers.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 12:12 pm

OP, stayed there May 2015 for anniversary. Be sure to mention the special occasion and you should be upgraded from a city to harbor view. As another poster pointed out, get the RC card and use the club level upgrade (which we did). Don't expect an UG to a suite.

Last tip: when in Victoria and looking to go back to the RC via taxi (the subway does stop below the RC ) be sure to give the wave signal when hailing cabs to let them know you are going to Kowloon. Just ask the Valet what I mean. Taxis likely won't take you to Kowloon from Victoria if you don't do that hailing motion.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 1:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
I have to say the JW treats their elites very very well. For me it might have been too well. They folded my clothes, even my underoos, while I was out of my room. One time even when i I went to eat some dinner, maybe 45 min. After that I started using the DND light.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hiima
I have to say the JW treats their elites very very well. For me it might have been too well. They folded my clothes, even my underoos, while I was out of my room. One time even when i I went to eat some dinner, maybe 45 min. After that I started using the DND light.
I must say that's one thing I don't like. The folding of ones underoos is going to far
Old Jul 15, 2016, 1:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by Brandinho1
I must say that's one thing I don't like. The folding of ones underoos is going to far
Ya, it was really weird. I mean I get the whole top notch service deal and tidying up the room, but folding all my clothes and setting it on top of my luggage was a little over the top.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.