Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 29, 2016, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CO-PLAT
As of November, 2021, this property no longer has an executive lounge per Amitbe11.

E-Mail:
Assistant Front Office Manager - [email protected]
Guest Relations Manager - [email protected]
Duty Manager - [email protected]
Front Office Manager - [email protected]

Print Wikipost

Courtyard Bangkok [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2018, 10:47 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by lingua101
so they have blocked the access now?
There used to be a pedestrian access to Langsuan that we used via Soi Mahatlek Luang 2 and even I used a motorcycle to go through. It's often blocked by traffic arm barrier and sometimes a guard. It comes out on the Langsuan side near Kriyoga Asia supermarket. Used it several times to pickup takeout food at the nearby Home Kitchen (Khrua Nai Baan) when we stayed at the St. Regis.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 3:15 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Any recent experiences as a Titanium at this property?
Old Mar 22, 2019, 12:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, PC Plat Amb, BA EC Gold, Asiana Diamond, TK Elite
Originally Posted by yosithezet
Any recent experiences as a Titanium at this property?
Lounge Access + Breakfast in MoMo Cafe. As they only have 2 Suites, it is difficult to get one, but if available they do upgrade. If Suites are booked, you get a Deluxe Corner Room.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
November 2021

Had a brief, one night stay here. Very impressed with hotel and staff.

After getting my negative COVID test and released from Test and Go at Aloft, I made a quick reservation at Courtyard to spend a night prior to onward travel. (I was hesitant to make onward plans until I knew I was clear from any potential quarantine).

Made the reservation at 9:30 AM. ~1700 THB for King room. Unreal value. included breakfast and 1000 bonus points. Did on-line check in for 11AM

Arrived at the hotel around 11AM, and they were already well prepared for my arrival. Front desk staff was warm and welcoming. Front desk manager and General Manager both arrived at the desk promptly to welcome me back to the property, noting it had been 10 years since my last visit, which is accurate.

Brief delay while they confirmed my room was ready, during which time the staff politely chatted with me about prior visit to Thailand this year, onward travel plans, etc. Could not have been more warm and engaging.

Upgraded to a newly remodeled end room, which was a larger version of the Standard King. (I was much more interested in early check-in then any type of suite upgrade). Couple pics below. Liked the room a lot. Well appointed and bright. Plate of fresh cut fruit was also waiting for me, along with a handwritten note from GM.
2 small nits - All the light switches for the main room are located bed-side, which took some getting used to. And due to the bathroom configuration, the shower was oddly shaped and a bit small.

Breakfast at the 1st floor cafe was a mix of buffet items (bakery, cereal, salad, etc) and choice of hot, made to order entre. Lounge still not open. Tuk Tuk shuttle to nearby BTS stations was available if needed.

All in, it is obviously a very well run hotel. Every staff member encountered was friendly, with a genuine greeting and smile.

Old Nov 12, 2021, 1:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Nice looking room for a CY, actually reminds me a bit of HR Sukhumvit.
goodeats21 likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 8:03 am

Warning : elite benefits permanently slashed

Please be advised that this hotel have permanently closed the executive lounge and instead provided 500points or 10$ voucher.

this is the official communication from the hotel:

"Greeting from Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok!

Unfortunately we have closed down executive lounge permanently and also resumed renovating the upper floor rooms during this low demand period.

Should there be any assistance please kindly feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,

KOTCHAPHAN SOOKWATTANA (PRANG)

SALES EXECUTIVE"

There is also no longer free breakfast for plat's+

the header of this thread needs to be updated as excecutive lounge is permanently closed and No breakfast!
CO-PLAT likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2021, 2:08 am

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
I have a 1-night reservation here tomorrow and went over to check out the room today. The glass window between the bathroom and bedroom has a shade that can be lowered to block the view.
The lady that showed me the room said that only family rooms and suites have bathtubs. I can see how this would have been a solid option if they still had a lounge. Non-renovated rooms have carpeting. Renovated rooms have some type of wood flooring. Hopefully I'll see one tomorrow. I was considering canceling, but what I saw today didn't scare me. It took 12 minutes to walk from Chit Lom BTS and we took the hotel's 4-wheel tuk tuk back in about 6 minutes. They had a small ice chest in the back with cold water!

My Staycation rate with 6 pm checkout was only 1,799 THB + tax. Includes breakfast for one person even though the reservation is for two of us?
Old Jan 1, 2022, 11:04 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Courtyard Bangkok. December, 2021

We stayed here one night because one of their Staycation packages offered 6 PM checkout and we had a late flight. We almost canceled, but took a trip over to the property the day prior to arrival to check out the room. In the end, we decided that we could tolerate it for just one night.

I was pleasantly surprised. The location is poor because it is ~12 minutes walk to Chit Lom BTS station. If available, the property has a 4-wheel tuk tuk that will drive you to either Chit Lom or Ratchadamri. I was especially impressed by the knowledge and helpfulness of the staff. We only interacted with three of them, but they were all on their game.

We were upgraded to a renovated corner room. 35 m2. The bathroom has a window to the main room, but a shade can be pulled down to cover it. The room was in very good condition. Clean and modern with a good layout.

I could never figure out how to work the thermostat. It was either on or off. I was unable to get it to stay at any one temperature.

The corner of the bed frame is a safety hazard. I scratched my leg on it twice. You can see a metal cover has been placed over the corner, but it doesn’t extend all the way to the top.

To kill some time after our 6 PM checkout, we went to the building immediately next door for a 2-hour massage. It was a “Let’s Relax” branch on the ground floor. We had massages in Thailand every day for 17 days and my wife and I agree that this was the best. These ladies really know what they are doing. I would return there even if we weren’t staying at the hotel. 600 THB for two hours.

This property permanently closed its lounge in November, but I think I might stay here again some time if the price is as good as the 1,799 THB + tax we paid.

Old Jan 2, 2022, 10:41 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Nice review CO-PLAT. I actually consider the location a plus at times. It is close enough to the BTS station but tucked away and a bit quiet. I think the dining is pretty good and will often dine here even when I am not staying there, They are often available at 50% discount on Eatigo.
kevino and CO-PLAT like this.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 10:50 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
With construction of one of the neighboring buildings completed two years ago, is the alley to Lang Suan Road now completely closed? Or is it possible to carefully walk to the Sindhorn Midtown?
Old Feb 22, 2022, 2:15 am

Programs: Various shiny cards at hotel chains and airlines
Originally Posted by kevino
With construction of one of the neighboring buildings completed two years ago, is the alley to Lang Suan Road now completely closed? Or is it possible to carefully walk to the Sindhorn Midtown?
Yes, you can walk to Sindhorn Midtown from there, there is a pedestrian gate of the Sindorn area, which you can pass.
kevino likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 2:28 am

Just did 1-night stay here. As Ambassador was upgraded from base (old) room to new renovated room. In the Marriott app check-in I was offered renovated corner room, but when arriving there in the evening at 16.30 or so, they downgraded to the just renovated room, despite in app availablity of renovated corners also available. I understood that this is quite elite-heavy hotel, with any given day at least 5 Ambassadors, 15 to 20 Titaniums and the rest seems to be Platinums. Half of the building is currently under renovations, and the open part is running quite at the full load. The renovated room is pretty decent - I like the light colour tones and proper working desk and chair.

As welcome gift choice was given either 500 points, or 10USD per day or breakfast. Selected breakfast, which was pretty decent for Courtyard - some cheeses, 2 fresh vegetable juices, different hot options etc.
Also was given voucher for evening happy hour - 2 hours of freeflow drinks (alcoholic) from 5pm to 7pm and 2 snacks to be chosen from dedicated menu (2 snacks per person, so if 2 persons, then 4 snacks). I understand that voucher is once per stay, so perfect for one-night stays.

No in-room welcome amenity given.
kevino, CO-PLAT and goodeats21 like this.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by Fims
Just did 1-night stay here. As Ambassador was upgraded from base (old) room to new renovated room. In the Marriott app check-in I was offered renovated corner room, but when arriving there in the evening at 16.30 or so, they downgraded to the just renovated room, despite in app availablity of renovated corners also available. I understood that this is quite elite-heavy hotel, with any given day at least 5 Ambassadors, 15 to 20 Titaniums and the rest seems to be Platinums. Half of the building is currently under renovations, and the open part is running quite at the full load. The renovated room is pretty decent - I like the light colour tones and proper working desk and chair.

As welcome gift choice was given either 500 points, or 10USD per day or breakfast. Selected breakfast, which was pretty decent for Courtyard - some cheeses, 2 fresh vegetable juices, different hot options etc.
Also was given voucher for evening happy hour - 2 hours of freeflow drinks (alcoholic) from 5pm to 7pm and 2 snacks to be chosen from dedicated menu (2 snacks per person, so if 2 persons, then 4 snacks). I understand that voucher is once per stay, so perfect for one-night stays.

No in-room welcome amenity given.
When they re-open they use to give out 3 type of snacks in the plastic jar, I guess too many elites now in Bangkok.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by AggressiveAsian
When they re-open they use to give out 3 type of snacks in the plastic jar, I guess too many elites now in Bangkok.
Maybe that 1-time freelfow drinks + 2 snacks is now instead of that inroom jar snack.Easier for them to operate likely and more useful.
AggressiveAsian likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 3:13 am

Programs: AC 35K, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, GHA Titanium, HH Gold, Centara Platinum
Checked in for a 1 night TnG arriving just after midnight. Easily found the driver in the airport and was swiftly taken to the back of the hotel in a parking garage for the test. Recieved an email around 7.5 hours later with my negative result. No upgrade was given (nor did I ask) but was surprised to see the 3 glass snack jars in my room which was useful for my midnight snack. The price was right 5900 baht,especially since I was going to bed immediately.
CO-PLAT likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.