Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aloft Cupertino, CA [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2012, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Aloft Cupertino, CA [Master Thread]

Was browsing for a colleague that is coming into town and saw this pop up on spg.com:

ALOFT CUPERTINO - OPENING DECEMBER 20, 2012
10165 North De Anza Boulevard
Cupertino,California95014United States

Walkable to the current Apple Campus.
Nice to have another option in Silicon Valley.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 11:53 am

Programs: Mucci (for services to Gin), VS Au, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Avis Pref+, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by myperks
Was browsing for a colleague that is coming into town and saw this pop up on spg.com:

ALOFT CUPERTINO - OPENING DECEMBER 20, 2012
10165 North De Anza Boulevard
Cupertino,California95014United States

Walkable to the current Apple Campus.
Nice to have another option in Silicon Valley.
Sweet! We should make this a master thread. This will be good for MRs I hope.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 2:22 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Looks like the hotel is now accepting reservations starting January 17, 2013.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 8:50 pm

So I have a reservation coming up for this Friday. No one in the hotel is picking up. I've sent several emails to the hotel staff and no response. I am wondering if this hotel is going to open on time.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 9:16 pm

Programs: Promus Preferred, ITT Sheraton Club
Originally Posted by gabo02
So I have a reservation coming up for this Friday. No one in the hotel is picking up. I've sent several emails to the hotel staff and no response. I am wondering if this hotel is going to open on time.
The website now says: OPENING JANUARY 24, 2013.

I would recommend calling SPG and inquiring instead of the hotel directly. Let us know how your reservation is resolved.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by Minneapolis
The website now says: OPENING JANUARY 24, 2013.

I would recommend calling SPG and inquiring instead of the hotel directly. Let us know how your reservation is resolved.
Well here you go. I booked my reservation back in Ocotber. So in the December the hotel it self changed my resveration. They changed my reservation number and my room type. I went from a suite to a regular but yet my rate stayed the same. I called Platinum Concierge today and was told that I should email them my info. So that's what I did. So just to print out copies of my confirmation emails and take them with me on day of arrival. Would hate to arrive and find out that the hotel is still not open.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 5:12 pm

Well I received an email today from the staff. Do to some unexpected construction not completed, my reservation would not be honored at The Aloft Hotel. So I am being walked to The Sheraton Sunnyvale for my stay.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 7:29 pm

Programs: AA, WN, SPG, HGP, FPC
Originally Posted by gabo02
Well I received an email today from the staff. Do to some unexpected construction not completed, my reservation would not be honored at The Aloft Hotel. So I am being walked to The Sheraton Sunnyvale for my stay.
What date is your reservation for? The website shows no availability until 2/1/2013. I wonder if it's actually booked full before that or if the opening got pushed back until 2/1.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see your reservation is for Friday
Old Jan 19, 2013, 4:42 pm

Programs: UAL SPG Hyatt
I just happened to be in the area today and decided to look around ... the whole front entrance, porch, carpark and landscaping is a mess, all still dug up, lots of work trucks around. Looking thru windows, looks like lots of work still going in. Will be surprised if it does "open" in a proper manner on Jan 24 ...
Old Mar 1, 2013, 12:09 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Staying here tonight and will report back. Looks like it opened in early February.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 1:59 pm
glx

Programs: UA GS, SPG Plat, National EC Executive (Replaced Hertz), Hertz PC (Retired)
Originally Posted by apodo77
Staying here tonight and will report back. Looks like it opened in early February.
Stayed there a couple of weeks ago in a corner room/suite (for odd definitions of suite).

Very cool, definitely an Apple beta test - the set top boxes in the rooms are AppleTV's that you can Airplay to and play Netflix from, amongst other things.

Beds were comfy, staff was nice if not a little confused (only the second week open), rooms nicely appointed (standard Aloft furnishings). Maybe a bit expensive for what it is but Apple will have no problem keeping that place at 100% occupancy during the week.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by apodo77
Was there last week. I liked it alot. As noted before their suites don't really look like a suite in my opinion. Odd thing was the fridge was in the bathroom.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 12:23 am

Originally Posted by glx
Very cool, definitely an Apple beta test - the set top boxes in the rooms are AppleTV's that you can Airplay to and play Netflix from, amongst other things.
did you have to log in with your apple id?

-David
Old Mar 3, 2013, 7:19 am
glx

Programs: UA GS, SPG Plat, National EC Executive (Replaced Hertz), Hertz PC (Retired)
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
did you have to log in with your apple id?

-David
No, it worked without it. Netflix was just logging in with standard Netflix ID, and it resets itself automatically when you check out (I had left myself logged in, checked out of one reservation and into another and when I came back, it was back at defaults).
Old May 14, 2013, 11:00 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Originally Posted by glx
Stayed there a couple of weeks ago in a corner room/suite (for odd definitions of suite).

They have suites? I thought Aloft was egalitarian.

You'd think with the abundance of nearby Apple geniuses that I could Airplay from my iFone 5 to ATV from a distance of around 24"... but you'd be wrong. It tries but the sound keeps dropping, and forget about Airplay video from my iPad. It shrugs and refuses. Glad I brought the HDMI adapter... Oh and did you notice the Staybridge Suites signage on the demo video? Woops!

Despite that, I like this Aloft room layout much better than the older one. Seems more roomy and I like the corner couch vs the typical "if you wanna watch tv you have to do it in bed" layout of most other Aloft properties. I hope this arrangement is a harbinger of all Aloft properties.

Of course, I'm paying Apple prices. $260 a night and that's not bad from what I hear.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.