Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Santiago, Chile

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Santiago, Chile

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2017, 7:25 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
At the Renaissance and Marriott, is payment settled in local currency or is it possible to pay in USD (without dynamic currency conversion)?
Old Nov 19, 2017, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Unfortunately, the AC's opening is now delayed until February 2018.

-FlyerBeek
Looks to me now it is June 2018 for AC opening.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 6:57 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I have four nights in Santiago that includes new years and have reservations at both the Renaissance and the Marriott. I'd like to split it two and two. Any suggestions for which one to take on new year's eve? I'm leaning towards the Renaissance, purely because it's marginally closer to downtown.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 4:12 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Due almost entirely to the reports in this thread, I changed my two nights at Marriott/two nights at Renaissance to four nights at Renaissance. And I wasn't disappointed.

The staff are fantastic, truly top notch. Francisco, an apparent lead concierge, was exceptionally helpful but the pic of the bunch was his colleague Max. I had booked an airport transfer online. The charge became pending on my credit card but I never received an email confirmation. I phoned the company but the recording was only in Spanish. I approach Max at the concierge desk and he phoned them. He spent almost 15 minutes actually talking to them (i.e. not on hold). They weren't being helpful. They had no record of my reservation and so Max offered to make another one for me. Then there were issues with the amount of luggage I had so I told Max to forget and thanked him for his time. We discussed alternate options and he suggested a taxi should only be about CLP15000 so I said let's do it and he booked it. I confirmed the price with him because I was withering down my pesos and didn't want to get short. He used some kind of messaging thing on the iPad to confirm with the driver or the company that it would be CLP15000 and showed me the response ("okay"). Of course, when the driver arrived the CLP15000 was now only an estimate. What did Max do? It was in Spanish but the universal sign for pleading or begging (hands together in the prayer pose) left no doubt that he was actually pleading with the driver to cap the fare at CLP150000! Wow. Super impressed. I intervened and said CLP20000 maximum would be fine and the driver indicated that wouldn't be a problem. It ended up being a little over 16k.

The room was spacious and well appointed. There was an evening turndown service complete with two bottles of water and a couple of tiny Lindt chocolates each night. The pool area was a really nice place to chill out, particularly in some lovely hot Santiago weather. The gym was a reasonable size and even had a bench press with ample weight plates which is a rarity in hotels. Location-wise, it's in a good spot although I'm sure there are better. It's a brisk five minutes walk to Parque Arauco, a very large shopping mall with heaps of restaurants. There is also a laundry there (5aseco) which managed to turn my 12 or so pounds of laundry around in about four hours for just CLP15200. The nearest subway (or is it metro?) station is a 20-odd minute walk away, though. However, taxis to downtown (Sky Costanera, for example, weren't expensive).

I did find the executive lounge a little disappointing. Evening options weren't great and alcohol was limited to three beers and two or three wines. The views, however, are lovely and the breakfast spread was fine, although fried eggs in a bain marie just look sad. On no less than six occasions I noted people treating the lounge like a 7/11 which is pathetic.

My only complaint is that the elevators are slow. But I would return in a heartbeat.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 11:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the trip report. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 3:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Any recents stays or reviews. Are there now any Starwood options
Old Aug 23, 2018, 4:52 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Reposting because the thread seems to have disappeared.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Planning a 2-night stay in Santiago. Which is the best full-service Marriott property in Santiago?
I see:
- Santiago Marriott Hotel
- Sheraton Hotel and Convention Center
- W Santiago

(not considering the Ritz)
Old Nov 1, 2018, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by ESpen36
Planning a 2-night stay in Santiago. Which is the best full-service Marriott property in Santiago?
I see:
- Santiago Marriott Hotel
- Sheraton Hotel and Convention Center
- W Santiago

(not considering the Ritz)
Don't discount the Four Points. Very good location (more central than the others), seems pretty much "full service" to me (i.e., restaurant, bar). I like the W, but don't love the location. (It is in a lovely neighborhood.) I've received a couple of nice suite upgrades there, with a bathtub that it will be a miracle if you don't hurt your leg walking into. I've never stayed at the Marriott. Location looks horrible for touristic matters.
ESpen36 likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 4:32 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
We liked the San Cristobal Tower earlier this year. Location is not prime, but property is in good shape with very good customer service
Old Nov 2, 2018, 10:03 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Just finished a quick stay at the Renaissance and its good, a 7.5 out of 10 for me.

Renaissance Santiago:

As a PPE member, I was given a tiny corner room with 2 windows, which was underwhelming for an upgrade (the App and key jacket indicated it was one). For me, there was no turndown service, no water, no chocolate, nada. Could have been a Courtyard stay for the lack of attention.

Plus, compared to the Renaissance São Paulo, the Renaissance Santiago Club Lounge is just average. Like a poster mentioned above, guests treat it like a 7/11 and come and go quickly (with PepsiCo products) as the food options are disappointing and bare minimum for the brand standards. I am not a drinker, but the tacky sign of first drink free is a turn off.

While the Four Points has a more central location, the rooms a very dated with slamming doors heard from nearly every room which is a turn off for me.

Cannot wait for the AC to hopefully open in March 2019.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Out of my Element
We liked the San Cristobal Tower earlier this year. Location is not prime, but property is in good shape with very good customer service
This hotel no longer exists. It is now a subset of the Sheraton. It seems like the "club" level is the old SC Tower. No idea if/how they consolidated check in, lounges, concierge, etc.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 6:52 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Huh, I didn't know that.

They did share concierge functions (or at least it seemed so, as the Sheraton concierge helped us arrange tours), but had separate check ins for certain.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Heading down to Santiago for the first time next fall. Looking at the options and looking for some insight. First time going to Santiago and we want to go skiing on one of the days.

I've got a Cat 4 from the CC this year that I can use plus the Cat 5 I'll get from my SPG one in the spring so just need to cover the other two nights all of which are about $175 USD on my corporate rate. Options:

AC (I know it isn't open yet)
Renaissance
Courtyard Santiago
W Santaigo
Four Points Santiago
Old Jan 8, 2019, 7:55 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
Best Marriott in Santiago?

Lots to choose from (with links to the Marriott threads if I could find them)

Sheraton Santiago (including the merged-into San Cristobal)
Four Points Santiago
Ritz-Carlton Santiago
W Santiago
Renaissance Santiago
Courtyard Santiago
Santiago Marriott
AC Hotel Santiago [September 2019]

So not much coverage of the Marriott's ...

My take so far (and happy to revise based on feedback from others)

Platinum experience: average at all (but mixed)
Hotel quality: W = R-C > (all others) > Sheraton
Food & Drink: ?
Fitness/gym:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.