Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ohare Renaissance Suites - Any Recent Experience?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ohare Renaissance Suites - Any Recent Experience?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2014, 9:36 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by SFOTerry
OK, it's been more than 6 years - does anyone have any recent experience here?
Im staying here right now. Club lounge has good appetizers and desserts in the evening. Breakfast was OK but i would have preferred bacon and not sausage.

Very convenient to the Cumberland CTA.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 7:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by imapilotaz
Im staying here right now. Club lounge has good appetizers and desserts in the evening. Breakfast was OK but i would have preferred bacon and not sausage.

If you're still there, can you ask them what the exec lounge & breakfast situation is on the weekend so I can update the sticky? Thx!

Cheers.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by imapilotaz

I did a thread search and although it was older, I did a one night stay this past Saturday night. Was a late check in and one issue I notice up front was no dedicated check in for Gold/Plats, took me the better part of 25 minutes as other guest were having room issues, making purchases from the Market. With only two checkin positions, waiting is going to happen it seems at this hotel.

Once talking to a FDC, things went more smoothly. I did mention the wait and acknowledge as a Plat and thanked for my loyalty, even though I booked a basic room, was upgraded to the club floor. She asked if I had a car (which I did) so she validated the parking for the night due to the wait.

Was asked if I wanted 500 points or $10 F&B (took points) as the gift and then again, took the 750 points since I wasn't staying for breakfast.

Overall, the room was more than I needed. Solid bed and for the price I can see this being a go to hotel near ORD. I've tried the Marriott Suites on River road and while nice, a step lower to this property.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 8:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update. Much appreciated. This is my go-to ORD property now, especially since weekend rates are usually quite reasonable.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.