FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards-427/)
-   -   Avoid the TownPlace Suites in Falls Church, VA (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/364163-avoid-townplace-suites-falls-church-va.html)

UScolorado1k Oct 17, 2004 9:15 am

Avoid the TownPlace Suites in Falls Church, VA

Last week was my second stay at this hotel (first wasn't great, but I decided to give them another chance). I only have one thing to say: NEVER AGAIN!!

1. Went to check in and they "couldn't find my reservation". Then proceeded to say that they were full and since I didn't have a reservation, I was SOL. I pulled out the printed copy of my itinerary, with the reservation number and magically they then "found" my reservation.

2. Fourth day of my stay I dropped of some cleaning at the front desk. I asked then to be sure that it was done and back that night as I was checking out the next day and heading to another city. They assured me that it would be no problem. I came back that night and not only was the cleaning not back, it had never gone out! To add insult to injury, the desk person didn't care.

3. Checked out on Friday and asked to talk to the manager. I explained what had happened the day before and told him my only recourse now was to buy some clothes as the hotel I was going to that night didn't have laundry facilities. His comment: "ok".

Needless to say, I will never return to this property. On my next trip out there in two weeks, I will stay at the Hilton. More expensive, not as close to the client, but at least they have resonable service!

TrojanHorse Oct 17, 2004 11:14 am

bad area too

I think the area that this hotel is in is pretty lame as well.. its kind of scummy around there.. I can't imagine staying there.. i went to visit someone there once and it was nasty

UScolorado1k Oct 18, 2004 5:41 am

Actually, the rooms are ok and the rate isn't bad (for the area anyway). I just wish the staff gave a da**! No matter how good the room is in a hotel, or how cheap the rate is, if the staff is cra*, it's not worth it!

utl567 Apr 3, 2011 4:37 pm

I realize this thread is very old, however I have an extended stay coming up here so hopefully things have changed over the years. Will update afterwards...

dave-b Apr 3, 2011 4:50 pm

I stay there off and on and haven't had any issues.

The hotel was remodeled about a year ago and they have an acceptable grab and go breakfast with muffins, cereal, juice, etc.

The rate is significantly less than the other local hotels.

One caveat is that they do not have wireless internet -- only wired connections.

paytonc Jul 10, 2011 8:07 am

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse (Post 3309880)
its kind of scummy around there.. I can't imagine staying there

I can't imagine things have changed that much since 2004, but Falls Church has the nation's highest median household income and highest percentage of college graduates (among counties, as it's a combined city/county; link). Your standards certainly differ from mine if that's a "kind of scummy" town.

kcblakely Jul 11, 2011 2:35 am

I stayed there about a year ago. Room clean, easy checkin, decent breakfast. No issues at all.