Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Avoid the TownPlace Suites in Falls Church, VA

Avoid the TownPlace Suites in Falls Church, VA

Old Oct 17, 2004, 9:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Holiday Inn Platinum, peon on the rest
Unhappy Avoid the TownPlace Suites in Falls Church, VA

Last week was my second stay at this hotel (first wasn't great, but I decided to give them another chance). I only have one thing to say: NEVER AGAIN!!

1. Went to check in and they "couldn't find my reservation". Then proceeded to say that they were full and since I didn't have a reservation, I was SOL. I pulled out the printed copy of my itinerary, with the reservation number and magically they then "found" my reservation.

2. Fourth day of my stay I dropped of some cleaning at the front desk. I asked then to be sure that it was done and back that night as I was checking out the next day and heading to another city. They assured me that it would be no problem. I came back that night and not only was the cleaning not back, it had never gone out! To add insult to injury, the desk person didn't care.

3. Checked out on Friday and asked to talk to the manager. I explained what had happened the day before and told him my only recourse now was to buy some clothes as the hotel I was going to that night didn't have laundry facilities. His comment: "ok".

Needless to say, I will never return to this property. On my next trip out there in two weeks, I will stay at the Hilton. More expensive, not as close to the client, but at least they have resonable service!
Old Oct 17, 2004, 11:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
bad area too

I think the area that this hotel is in is pretty lame as well.. its kind of scummy around there.. I can't imagine staying there.. i went to visit someone there once and it was nasty
Old Oct 18, 2004, 5:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Holiday Inn Platinum, peon on the rest
Actually, the rooms are ok and the rate isn't bad (for the area anyway). I just wish the staff gave a da**! No matter how good the room is in a hotel, or how cheap the rate is, if the staff is cra*, it's not worth it!
Old Apr 3, 2011, 4:37 pm

I realize this thread is very old, however I have an extended stay coming up here so hopefully things have changed over the years. Will update afterwards...
Old Apr 3, 2011, 4:50 pm

Programs: MR Plat, PC Plat
I stay there off and on and haven't had any issues.

The hotel was remodeled about a year ago and they have an acceptable grab and go breakfast with muffins, cereal, juice, etc.

The rate is significantly less than the other local hotels.

One caveat is that they do not have wireless internet -- only wired connections.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 8:07 am

Programs: AGR WOH
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
its kind of scummy around there.. I can't imagine staying there
I can't imagine things have changed that much since 2004, but Falls Church has the nation's highest median household income and highest percentage of college graduates (among counties, as it's a combined city/county; link). Your standards certainly differ from mine if that's a "kind of scummy" town.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 2:35 am

Programs: UA 1K; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Diamond; CCarlson Elite
I stayed there about a year ago. Room clean, easy checkin, decent breakfast. No issues at all.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.