Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Upgraded to Platinum without explanation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgraded to Platinum without explanation

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2018, 1:54 pm

Programs: AA Plt-Lite 2MM,HH Gld, MR Plat
Same as OP. Plan on completing challenge. Hope status will last to 2020.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 2:06 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by sbc94523
Same as OP. Plan on completing challenge. Hope status will last to 2020.
Just complete it and petition to be bumped up to Premier Platinum until 2020 once completed, I suspect they will keep their end of the bargain.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott Plat Premier
My original challenge e mail stated that if I completed the challenge it would be through January 2020. If somehow I keep Platinum from this ‘glitch’ I would not expect it to last beyond 2018.

In the meantime I have found it more convenient to complete a HH Diamond challenge instead so today’s developments have come as a surprise.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is from a Chinese site, a comment posted on the same topic. The poster emailed last weekend inquired what would happened on the Status after Aug 1st. Yesterday he got the email reply.

我上周末问客服8月会籍的事,然后昨天客服回了这个:Our records indicate that you were upgraded to Platinum today, July 16, 2018. You will still want to ensure that you have seven more stays prior to ust 31, 2018Aug to ensure that you have completed the Platinum challenge. You will see the upgraded status online within 15 minutes.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 6:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K (2MM); AA LT Gold (1.9 MM); SQ; WN; DL; "Bonvoy Ambassador""
Interesting. I am a MR Lifetime Gold (which is supposed to be converted to Platinum on 1 Aug). For yucks I signed up for the Platinum challenge (my first) 2 months ago and have completed 6 stays, but still am Gold. I guess the upgrade does not apply across the board! Let's see what happens on 1 Aug!
Old Jul 18, 2018, 12:48 am

Programs: Marriott TITANIUM, BWR Dia, IHG, Millemiglia Alitalia
I completed the Plat challenge and they wrote me that status will last until Jan 2020.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 2:17 am

Programs: Miles&Smiles Gold
correct

Originally Posted by GoldenItalianBoy
I completed the Plat challenge and they wrote me that status will last until Jan 2020.
On my confirmation for the challenge is clearly written WILL BE VALID UNTIL 02/2020.

My question is, will Platin become Premier Platin in August including the SNA ?
Old Jul 18, 2018, 2:27 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
I was 6 stays into my 9 stay platinum challenge too...

i only noticed when I got an email form SPG saying I was platinum.

my details are the same as all of yours.

My two points:
1. August 1st - Plat Prem or just Plat?

2. I will finish my 9 stays as that’ll give me status to 2020... not worth risking.

Old Jul 18, 2018, 4:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott Plat Premier
The safest bet if you want to secure Platinum for next year is to complete the challenge as issued.

I'm no longer completing it so if I do retain Platinum for a period great, if not there is no loss.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 4:11 am

Wasn't there some talk a little whilst back that the finished Marriott/Starwood product would be live 1st December? Perhaps the new upgrades are only valid till then? I feel we really need Marriott to start filling in the blanks more proactively.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by northernstar84
On my confirmation for the challenge is clearly written WILL BE VALID UNTIL 02/2020.

Yes, you should be considered PP after the merger of programs. Remember SNAs are issued based upon activity and not status. I have not seen anything about them issuing SNAs retroactively, but rather when you cross the thresholds. So only when you cross 50 & 75 the 5 SNAs are awarded.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GoldenItalianBoy
When did you receive your email after you completed your challenge?

I completed mine on July 8th (check out). Status changed to Plat on July 11th, the same day the stay posted. However I have not received any email confirmation on the status change.

The original email of Acceptance the Challenge, states if successfully complete the Challenge, the status is good thru Jan 2020. That is the only thing I have in record.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 11:30 am

Programs: AA platinum , Hyatt Explorist, Marriott platinum , SPG Gold , Hilton Diamond
Just spoke to Marriott and i was told my platinum status is good till 2020 regardless whether i complete challenge or not . She said with merger going on they stopped any challenges for now and they have approved all pending challenges .I have to finish challenge by 30 September and i am making few bookings in august. I asked to find out if my booking in august in SPG property will count towards challenge or not .
According to her : i am platinum and stay till 2020 regardless. Nights will counts on SPG as nights( no challenge pending) . According to her no more status challenge and all challenges have been already approved.
I will not be upgraded to platinum premier on august 2018

any one else has any other information
Old Jul 20, 2018, 12:38 pm

I can confirm that they are no longer offering the challenge. I sent a note yesterday requesting the challenge and was told overnight that the challenge is not currently on offer.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 8:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by northernstar84

Even if your Plat becomes PP in the new combined Starriott program in August, don't expect SNAs as they are awarded based on nights not status level.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.