No longer part of Marriott.
Print Wikipost

Renaissance Malmo Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2010, 4:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Accor Platinum, Marriott
Renaissance Malmo Hotel

Does anyone on this forum have any information concerning this hotel being closed down as of December? I have a reservation which shows as confirmed when logged in to my Marriott account and the online chat person reports no indication of the hotel being closed over the Christmas-New Year period.
Emails purporting to be from the hotel, however, are now telling me my reservation has been cancelled due to the property closing down.
Any clarification would be appreciated.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 7:18 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Man, I hope not- it's my favorite hotel when in Sweden on business. But you could always call- they're ~18hr West of OZ, but all the desk staff speak perfect English (as does most of Sweden, apparantly ).
Old Oct 11, 2010, 8:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Amb Elite & LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Check your PM, I sent you the e-mail address for the rooms manager.

Looks like they are closed for several weeks around the holidays.

Their direct web-site is

http://www.renaissancemalmo.com/
Old Oct 12, 2010, 1:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Accor Platinum, Marriott
deac83
Thanks. That is the email address used when notifying me of the booking cancellation so it looks like it is closed down for some time.

It seems strange to close the only 5 star hotel in the city over Christmas/New Year and there appears to be a disconnect between the central Marriott reservations system and individual hotels. I would expect the "Upcoming reservations" tab to have some sort of notification for these situations.

Oh well, at least I won't be arriving in Sweden in the middle of winter to find my hotel shut up!
Old Jul 13, 2018, 2:37 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Pierre48
deac83
Thanks. That is the email address used when notifying me of the booking cancellation so it looks like it is closed down for some time.

It seems strange to close the only 5 star hotel in the city over Christmas/New Year and there appears to be a disconnect between the central Marriott reservations system and individual hotels. I would expect the "Upcoming reservations" tab to have some sort of notification for these situations.

Oh well, at least I won't be arriving in Sweden in the middle of winter to find my hotel shut up!
This hotel was normally open for all of the Christmas/New Year period, at least in more recent years, but now the hotel is permanently disconnected from Marriott. It’s become the Elite Hotel Aldeon and is no longer Marriott affiliated as of this year. It’s too bad, as this was one of my most used Renaissance/Marriott hotels.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.