Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Can't get through to Marriott Reservations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can't get through to Marriott Reservations

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2018, 12:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The website seems down for the count again. I just tried to make reservation and as soon as I entered dates I got a message saying that it had timed out. This was within a minute or two of entering the website as I already knew the hotel and dates I wanted. I guess Hyatt wins again for what will be a very expensive location and date.
Try Marriott.co.uk or Marriott.co.jp.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 12:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by GBadger
Will have to try that!
I can confirm that repeatedly pressing "0" to answer any questions from the robot got me to a live person in no time... YMMV.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 2:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
hyatt.com is a lot easier, especially since I don't know Japanese.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 10:00 am

Programs: Most of them
Thumbs down Poor Call Service Now A Standard for Marriott Platinum Premier

What has happened to Marriott customer service?? It used to be I would call the Platinum Premier line and someone would quickly answer, say "Hi Mr. X" and solve my problem. For the past three months it's been awful!!! I call, a machine answers and gives me a 5 minute talk on Marriott rewards, then the worst voice recognition system I've come across takes another five minutes to get me to a reservation agent, who then doesn't have my record. From outstanding to worse in the business...that's impressive
imverge likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Argus29
What has happened to Marriott customer service?? It used to be I would call the Platinum Premier line and someone would quickly answer, say "Hi Mr. X" and solve my problem. For the past three months it's been awful!!! I call, a machine answers and gives me a 5 minute talk on Marriott rewards, then the worst voice recognition system I've come across takes another five minutes to get me to a reservation agent, who then doesn't have my record. From outstanding to worse in the business...that's impressive
I don't think a new "standard" has been formed. They are in a transition period and some disruption in service should be expected. However, I do suggest to continue to complain when failures occur so they don't get to thinking bad service is acceptable.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 10:45 am

I agree with The OP. There have been several times the hold times are beyond 25 minutes. And the poor service is not just limited to phone calls but emails as well. I contacted Marriott via the website over a week ago and I still have not received a response. PATHETIC.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 10:53 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA, BA, Marriott
Guess you need to be ambassador member to get decent service anymore

The ambassador line picks up (during business hours) right away and has proven to be very helpful.

I will say though they need to work on their phone system as one time I called in after regular us ambassador hours and waited on hold for 2 hours before hanging up, i'm not sure anybody ever would've answered. This has happened more than once to me. Sometimes will call in and get put on a 1hour+ hold, then will call back and get right through.

A little consistency would be appreciated right!

Guess i better be careful what i wish for - or it'll eventually be consistently over an hour to get through.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Funny I have noticed wait time problems on the SPG side and thought they were cutting on that side. I guess at least the degradation is consistent on both sides
Old Jun 11, 2018, 7:19 pm

Programs: Delta PM 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I’m calling the hotels directly, it’s worked so far.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 7:30 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by username
Funny I have noticed wait time problems on the SPG side and thought they were cutting on that side. I guess at least the degradation is consistent on both sides
Maybe people who are semi-aware of the merger are calling SPG when they can't reach Marriott.

Certainly most of us on FT are learning about the merger and especially the new combined program from the SPG forum and especially the careful and extensive Lurker responses to our questions.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 10:44 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LTT & Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Trying to amend a reservation to make it a few days shorter. The website says "no rooms available"...even though already have the room. Called the PPE line and got the normal voice prompts, finally got transferred to an agent it rings a few times and then I get a message "This mail box has not been setup yet *click" and the call disconnects. Twice now.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 11:07 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by paulsalem
Trying to amend a reservation to make it a few days shorter. The website says "no rooms available"...even though already have the room. Called the PPE line and got the normal voice prompts, finally got transferred to an agent it rings a few times and then I get a message "This mail box has not been setup yet *click" and the call disconnects. Twice now.
That type of reservation change is often handled easier by the specific property. I’ve found if either the hotel is sold out or my rate is no longer available the property staff deal with it better in my experience than the corporate reservations line. (who in the past put me on hold to call the property to execute the reservation amendment). Think the website look looks for new space and doesn’t consider your existing reservation.
RogerD408 likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 7:23 pm

Programs: Hilton, American, Club Carlson, United, Marriott, Starwood
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If you're already MR LTP with the legacy MR program, that should become LTPP automatically in the new combined Starriott program.
That's the problem, I'm not already LTP because I don't have the points, and my 10 PLT years aren't consecutive - which I believe IS one of the current program thresholds that will get you there. (My 1300-ish nights are all BIB, with a few rollovers, and no vanity credit card to pad my point total.) The confusion is whether 10 years aggregate, but not consecutive, Platinum, along with the nights threshold, will get me to the LTPP at the changeover.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 1:16 am

Can a hotel cancel an upcoming points reservation at their hotel for me? Does this apply to Marriott hotels as well as Starwood hotels? For Marriott , need the cancellation be at least a week in advance if I do not have the points in my account so that they don’t convert it to a cash booking and charge my credit card?

these me would be for early August bookings in Europe, when the transition may be taking place . I don’t currently know if I will want these bookings, but will be staying at both hotels slightly earlier on bookings that I will be keeping.

for Starwood I should be able to cancel online, imagine it is the same at Marriott, just less familiar with their website,

asking just as a backup.

thank you
Old Jun 21, 2018, 4:42 am

Originally Posted by WoodyWindy
That's the problem, I'm not already LTP because I don't have the points, and my 10 PLT years aren't consecutive - which I believe IS one of the current program thresholds that will get you there. (My 1300-ish nights are all BIB, with a few rollovers, and no vanity credit card to pad my point total.) The confusion is whether 10 years aggregate, but not consecutive, Platinum, along with the nights threshold, will get me to the LTPP at the changeover.
The elite years don't need to be consecutive. However, I'm not sure whether in your case, you'll get LTPP in August or January.

AFAIK on the MR side, elite years don't matter at all for lifetime status, just lifetime nights and lifetime points. IIRC MR LTP in the past required 12 years in the MR program, but at any level, not necessarily elite. It would be a strange case if the 12 years of membership weren't consecutive, perhaps if someone had been temporarily suspended from participation in the program for violating some of the rules. I don't remember whether bankruptcy is a disqualification for participation in MR.

The only programs I can think of that might require consecutive years of Plat status form lifetime Plat would be FB (AF/KLM) and maybe a couple other nonUSA airlines. LH has some lifetime level that's only for old people and might be based on consecutive elite years. I'm not sure about Accor or IC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.