FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards-427/)
-   -   Do Chase free night/Marriott Promos count as "Qualifying Nights"? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/1907229-do-chase-free-night-marriott-promos-count-qualifying-nights.html)

GLAinYYZ May 2, 2018 9:31 am

Do Chase free night/Marriott Promos count as "Qualifying Nights"?

I'm a bit confused about the rules regarding what nights count as Qualifying Nights for elite status.
- Do the annual free nights from the Chase Credit Card count?
- Does the free night from the Marriott Megabonus promotion count?

Thanks in advance. I did try to search for the answers but failed :)

phltraveler May 2, 2018 9:39 am

Both count, for now at least. Per the rule changes in 2015, stays on points or certificates (certificates would include free nights from credit card + Megabonus) count as elite qualifying nights.

They could change this upon merging the Starwood + Marriott Rewards programs, but they have not made any indication that they will do so thus far.

GLAinYYZ May 2, 2018 9:46 am

That's great, thanks a lot!

CJKatl May 2, 2018 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by phltraveler (Post 29707225)
Both count, for now at least. Per the rule changes in 2015, stays on points or certificates (certificates would include free nights from credit card + Megabonus) count as elite qualifying nights.

They could change this upon merging the Starwood + Marriott Rewards programs, but they have not made any indication that they will do so thus far.

While I have not followed the cc information closely, my understanding is the night will continue to count as they do now on the legacy cards, but the new cards will only count the initial sign-up nights and not include anniversary nights, but here's the thing... those that hold the legacy cards are about to get an onslaught of offers to convert your old boring card into the new upgraded exciting card. In doing that, you will lose your annual 15 nights. There may be legitimate reasons to switch to the new card, each person will need to consider, but my understanding is that is how they are going to try to take that benefit away from us.

Kacee May 2, 2018 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by CJKatl (Post 29709045)
the new cards will only count the initial sign-up nights and not include anniversary nights, but here's the thing... those that hold the legacy cards are about to get an onslaught of offers to convert your old boring card into the new upgraded exciting card. In doing that, you will lose your annual 15 nights.

The new Chase Marriott card will continue to offer 15 nights per calendar year. What it won't offer is 1 night per $3k in spend.

Cledaybuck May 2, 2018 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by CJKatl (Post 29709045)
While I have not followed the cc information closely, my understanding is the night will continue to count as they do now on the legacy cards, but the new cards will only count the initial sign-up nights and not include anniversary nights, but here's the thing... those that hold the legacy cards are about to get an onslaught of offers to convert your old boring card into the new upgraded exciting card. In doing that, you will lose your annual 15 nights. There may be legitimate reasons to switch to the new card, each person will need to consider, but my understanding is that is how they are going to try to take that benefit away from us.

The new card includes 15 nights. There are no extra nights for spend however.

LisaH May 2, 2018 6:36 pm

Does the Marriott Credit Cards’ 15 nightly stay credits count toward Lifetime Status?

holocker May 2, 2018 6:41 pm

If I am Lifetime Gold now which will transfer to the new Lifetime Platinum is there any reason with the new system to really care about my number of yearly or LIfetime nights any more? I am short too many nights to be able to achieve Lifetime Platinum before December 31.

getagb May 2, 2018 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by LisaH (Post 29709130)
Does the Marriott Credit Cards’ 15 nightly stay credits count toward Lifetime Status?

Yes

Originally Posted by holocker (Post 29709142)
If I am Lifetime Gold now which will transfer to the new Lifetime Platinum is there any reason with the new system to really care about my number of yearly or LIfetime nights any more? I am short too many nights to be able to achieve Lifetime Platinum before December 31.

Yes, if you want suite night awards, Platinum Premier, and/or Ambassador status. Otherwise, no.