Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Do Chase free night/Marriott Promos count as "Qualifying Nights"?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2018, 9:31 am
Original Poster

I'm a bit confused about the rules regarding what nights count as Qualifying Nights for elite status.
- Do the annual free nights from the Chase Credit Card count?
- Does the free night from the Marriott Megabonus promotion count?

Thanks in advance. I did try to search for the answers but failed
Old May 2, 2018, 9:39 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
Both count, for now at least. Per the rule changes in 2015, stays on points or certificates (certificates would include free nights from credit card + Megabonus) count as elite qualifying nights.

They could change this upon merging the Starwood + Marriott Rewards programs, but they have not made any indication that they will do so thus far.
Old May 2, 2018, 9:46 am
Original Poster

That's great, thanks a lot!
Old May 2, 2018, 6:04 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by phltraveler
Both count, for now at least. Per the rule changes in 2015, stays on points or certificates (certificates would include free nights from credit card + Megabonus) count as elite qualifying nights.

They could change this upon merging the Starwood + Marriott Rewards programs, but they have not made any indication that they will do so thus far.
While I have not followed the cc information closely, my understanding is the night will continue to count as they do now on the legacy cards, but the new cards will only count the initial sign-up nights and not include anniversary nights, but here's the thing... those that hold the legacy cards are about to get an onslaught of offers to convert your old boring card into the new upgraded exciting card. In doing that, you will lose your annual 15 nights. There may be legitimate reasons to switch to the new card, each person will need to consider, but my understanding is that is how they are going to try to take that benefit away from us.
Old May 2, 2018, 6:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by CJKatl
the new cards will only count the initial sign-up nights and not include anniversary nights, but here's the thing... those that hold the legacy cards are about to get an onslaught of offers to convert your old boring card into the new upgraded exciting card. In doing that, you will lose your annual 15 nights.
The new Chase Marriott card will continue to offer 15 nights per calendar year. What it won't offer is 1 night per $3k in spend.
CJKatl likes this.
Old May 2, 2018, 6:34 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by CJKatl
While I have not followed the cc information closely, my understanding is the night will continue to count as they do now on the legacy cards, but the new cards will only count the initial sign-up nights and not include anniversary nights, but here's the thing... those that hold the legacy cards are about to get an onslaught of offers to convert your old boring card into the new upgraded exciting card. In doing that, you will lose your annual 15 nights. There may be legitimate reasons to switch to the new card, each person will need to consider, but my understanding is that is how they are going to try to take that benefit away from us.
The new card includes 15 nights. There are no extra nights for spend however.
CJKatl likes this.
Old May 2, 2018, 6:36 pm

Programs: UA Premier Plat/Marriott Titanium
Does the Marriott Credit Cards’ 15 nightly stay credits count toward Lifetime Status?
Old May 2, 2018, 6:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
If I am Lifetime Gold now which will transfer to the new Lifetime Platinum is there any reason with the new system to really care about my number of yearly or LIfetime nights any more? I am short too many nights to be able to achieve Lifetime Platinum before December 31.
Old May 2, 2018, 6:50 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by LisaH
Does the Marriott Credit Cards’ 15 nightly stay credits count toward Lifetime Status?
Yes

Originally Posted by holocker
If I am Lifetime Gold now which will transfer to the new Lifetime Platinum is there any reason with the new system to really care about my number of yearly or LIfetime nights any more? I am short too many nights to be able to achieve Lifetime Platinum before December 31.
Yes, if you want suite night awards, Platinum Premier, and/or Ambassador status. Otherwise, no.
LisaH likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.