Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

[If "25 brands have breakfast" rumor is true] Speculation As To Which 5 Will Not

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[If "25 brands have breakfast" rumor is true] Speculation As To Which 5 Will Not

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2018, 3:16 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
Isn't Design just the same as Autograph on the Marriott side, that is independent-y, boutique-y hotels that want the benefit of a marketing relationship and ready access to loyalty program members without having to look and feel like a chain hotel? If so, there is no reason they cannot offer a blanket breakfast benefit.
I don't know all of the details of the business arrangement, but it's not the same arrangement as Autograph, Luxury Collection or Tribute Portfolio. It's structured far more loosely, and as part of the arrangement, the properties currently don't even have to provide most of the SPG elite benefits. Design Hotels also continues to run their own website and reservations system that is separate from Marriott/Starwood, and rooms booked via that channel aren't eligible for (the limited) elite benefits or stay credit.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 3:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by stvr
This is a great point. If they were to even combine two brands (Tribute and Autograph, for example), then you would only be looking at 4 brands without breakfast. Hmm.
In the extreme, StarRIOT could be sneaky and have one brand with free breakfast for elites, but combine the other 29 brands into just five big brands (maybe even with sub-brands) that don't have the breakfast benefit.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 3:19 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Got it. I guess Tribute is the SPG equivalent to Autograph on the Marriott side, not Design. Based on that, I would agree that Design will likely not include breakfast.

So my guess at the five that will not include breakfast are Executive Apartments, Vacation Club, Edition, Bvlgari, and Design.
Horace likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 3:19 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by dw
I don't know all of the details of the business arrangement, but it's not the same arrangement as Autograph, Luxury Collection or Tribute Portfolio. It's structured far more loosely, and as part of the arrangement, the properties currently don't even have to provide most of the SPG elite benefits. Design Hotels also continues to run their own website and reservations system that is separate from Marriott/Starwood, and rooms booked via that channel aren't eligible for (the limited) elite benefits or stay credit.
However, Design Hotels seem to have their own elite program and benefits for reservations made through their website, as well as a wider variety of rate plans than what is offered on spg.com.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 3:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Got it. I guess Tribute is the SPG equivalent to Autograph on the Marriott side, not Design. Based on that, I would agree that Design will likely not include breakfast.

So my guess at the five that will not include breakfast are Executive Apartments, Vacation Club, Edition, Bvlgari, and Design.
You may be right but Edition doesn't "fit" in your list.

On the Marriott brands site, they list RC Reserve separately in one section from RC. So maybe Exec Apartments, MVC, Bulgari, Design, and RC Reserve. This would be completely logical and wouldn't upset anyone.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 3:46 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Does Edition offer complimentary breakfast now? The brand itself just doesn't appeal to me so I've never really studied up on it.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 3:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Does Edition offer complimentary breakfast now? The brand itself just doesn't appeal to me so I've never really studied up on it.
No breakfast. Short-sighted but no breakfast.

Probably comparable in finishes and price point to RC and St. Regis, but more minimalist and modern. Certainly, not as distinguishable as the Bulgari brand (not that I've ever stayed there ...).
Old Apr 9, 2018, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by stvr
Regarding AC: I've stayed probably a dozen times at different AC hotels where my corporate rate included breakfast. So I think AC properties will be able to give away a breakfast here and there.
Moreover at least on one night stays, the $10 Plat amenity (in addition to 400 points) already covers 2/3 of breakfast.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by C17PSGR
You may be right but Edition doesn't "fit" in your list.

On the Marriott brands site, they list RC Reserve separately in one section from RC. So maybe Exec Apartments, MVC, Bulgari, Design, and RC Reserve. This would be completely logical and wouldn't upset anyone.
It would upset all the cheap owners of Courtyards.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 5:29 pm

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Bulgari is not currently participating in MR. Between MR and SPG, the brand count is actually 29. Have they indicated at all Bulgari will join the new loyalty program?
Old Apr 9, 2018, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It would upset all the cheap owners of Courtyards.
Wouldn't the same be true for AC?
Old Apr 9, 2018, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by Smiley90
Wouldn't the same be true for AC?
Elites @ AC already get a $10 voucher that can be used towards breakfast is the difference.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Elites @ AC already get a $10 voucher that can be used towards breakfast is the difference.
They do? As Plat amenity? I haven't seen anything like that for us Golds that get breakfast elsewhere. (But I've never stayed at an AC so I wouldn't know)
Old Apr 9, 2018, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by Xiaotung
Bulgari is not currently participating in MR. Between MR and SPG, the brand count is actually 29. Have they indicated at all Bulgari will join the new loyalty program?
No one has indicated anything. We are working off of speculation and purported leaks -- with two different versions of speculation and leaks.

From my guesses and speculation, I'd be surprised if Bulgari or Ritz Carlton Reserve participate in the new program as they don't participate now.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by C17PSGR
I checked out the Marriott website with information on their different brands: Marriott Hotel Brands | Marriott International.
If we count RC Reserve and RC separately, wouldn't there be 31 brands in total (Marriott counts RC and RC Reserve as one)? So if the information is true that only 25 brands will have elite breakfast, there would actually be six going without.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.