Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Your favorite autograph collection hotels?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your favorite autograph collection hotels?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2018, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by C17PSGR
I like Palacio del Retiro but Palacio del Retiro and Santo Mauro are not Autograph Collection properties. They are AC Hotels.
Luxury Hotels in Madrid, Spain | AC Palacio Del Retiro, Autograph Collection®
Old Feb 25, 2018, 3:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET

Oops! I stand corrected! They were both definitely AC Hotels when I have stayed there in the past.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 5:00 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I stayed at Palacio del Retiro in October 2016 and it was an AC Hotel, must have changed. We stayed on points and they upgraded us to a giant room with 4 balconies, every day they seemed to bring us something free (chocolate, other types of food, etc). Great staff, possibly the best stay I have had at a Marriott property. I liked having the park across the street, could walk to the different museums, highly recommend.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Q&C in New Orleans has a lot of character... its actually comprised of two old brick buildings, great location. Very good breakfast from the menu for Gold/Plat. Not sure if I's say its my favorite, but didn't see it mentioned so wanted to give it a recommendation.
itsaboutthejourney likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
I had a quick overnight at the Icon and was very pleased. I didn't get a chance to try any F&B but the standard rooms were pleasant.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 2:23 am

The Autograph Dresden / GERMANY is my prefered one.

best regards, GT80
Old Feb 26, 2018, 4:33 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro (LT Gold), Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium, National Exec,Hyatt,Melia, BA Exec, Iberia+
The Santo Mauro and Palacio Del Retiro have been Autograph Collection since at least 2012. I found email folios from my stay with their name. However, they confusingly were listed as AC Santo Mauro Autograph Collection and AC Palacio Del Retiro Autograph Collection, so although they were not from the AC brand, the names made them appear as such.
Regardless, they are both nice hotels :-)
Old Feb 26, 2018, 9:38 am

Programs: Marriott Platium. Hyatt Globlist. United Member. WN A-list w/CP. Frontier Elite 100K.
My favorites
Powerscourt Hotel in Ireland.
Brown Palace in Denver

I have booked
Hotel Punta Islita (Costa Rica)
Hotel Park City

Want to stay at
Inn at Bay Harbor
Wentworth by the Sea -- I do not think this is Autograph collection hotel -- but a Marriott Hotel and Spa
Old Feb 26, 2018, 10:41 am

Programs: M&M,UA MP Silver, MR LT Titanium, HH Gold
Hotel am Steinplatz, Berlin, Germany.
4.9 Points out of 5 (300+ Reviews)
Nr. 3 at tripadvisor
Old Feb 26, 2018, 11:43 am

Arctic Club in Seattle is fantastic (high corner rooms)
Old Feb 26, 2018, 10:07 pm

Loved my stay at the glasshouse in Edinburgh a few years ago. Very sleek.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 1:54 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
since we're adding on favorites of non-US locations............Pier One Sydney Harbor is in a great location!! Also enjoyed staying at Scrub Island, really hoping the place can get back on its feet after the hurricane.
btonkid12345 likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 9:59 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Jet Blue, UAL, IH G Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold
I have only been to six Autograph hotels so far but all have been good to excellent.

My favorite was the Mansion on Forsythe Park in Savannah. It’s a Kessler owned hotel with lots of artwork throughout the property and is an excellent location about a 20 minute walk from downtown and it’s sister property The Bohemian Riverfront. The Bohemian was also very good- especially if you get a riverfront room and can watch the huge container ships go by. I’d be interested in going to the other Kessler hotels after seeing these.

Turnberry Isle is a beautiful resort- but we did have a few service issues. Overall I liked it very much.

The Press Hotel in Portland Maine is new and in the old port area - which is about the best location for a tourist.

The Castle in Orlando is near the convention center and has quite a few shops and restaurants within walking distance. I stayed only one night on a category 5 certificate just last year. With the March category updates this year and last year, it is now a 7.

My first Autograph hotel was the Hotel Minneapolis- although it is in the downtown area, it seemed to be in a slightly deserted area after 5:00 pm. Very close to the train that runs to the airport and the Mall of America, though.

I am heading to the Art Ovation Hotel in Sarasota in April - assuming that the hotel opens on 3-1 as scheduled. I may extend my trip to also visit the Waterline Marina and Resort in Holmes Beach as that also looks very nice.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 1:17 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I am staying at the Algonquin Resort in St Andrews By-The-Sea in New Brunswick this summer. I will do a trip report, it looks nice.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 8:10 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver (via Marriott)
Originally Posted by MaggieKay

My first Autograph hotel was the Hotel Minneapolis- although it is in the downtown area, it seemed to be in a slightly deserted area after 5:00 pm. Very close to the train that runs to the airport and the Mall of America, though.
Almost all of downtown Minneapolis is deserted after 5pm weekdays and most/all of the weekend (with the exception of sporting events). That's what happens when the majority of downtown is suited to businesses with skyway-level retail/restaurants and very little to speak of on street level outside of the theatre district. Almost everything is closed on weekends here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.