Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Hotel Telegraaf, Autograph Collection, Tallinn Estonia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2017, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

Hi all,

Does anyone have any details on when this property will begin accepting reservations through Marriott and what Category it will be?

I found the Marriott hotel page and it states "Opening in June", however I feel this is unlikely!

https://www.marriott.com.au/hotels/t...ph-collection/

Cheers,
Sam
Old May 29, 2017, 7:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Google brings this up:

"Telegraaf will become a member of Autograph Collection Hotels in summer 2017 after Telegraaf has been fully integrated to Marriott’s sales and reservation system.

Hotel Telegraaf is a 5 star luxury hotel in Tallinn, located in the medieval Old Town next to the Town Hall Squre. Building of the hotel was built already in 1878 as a bank and later as an exchange station for the Estonian Telegraph company. Hotel Telegraaf opened its doors in 2007."

From the hotel details in your link, it's got 72 rooms, 11 suites. Valet parking is free, but there's a charge for on-site parking. Public transport is close; 1km.

Your link is from an Australian site. The property isn't showing up on the regular Marriott site yet & it's not listed under new hotels opening on the Marriott site. You'll probably have to keep checking the link or give Marriott a call. Thanks for the heads up on the property!

Cheers.
Old May 29, 2017, 4:59 pm
Original Poster

So I've been told it will be open for bookings on the Marriott site from late June. No word on Category yet.

For those of you who don't know, Telegraaf is a well established hotel in Tallinn. It's regarded as one of the top 3 (if not best) hotel there. Excited to see Marriott/SPG finally entering the region!

Last edited by icebox425; May 29, 2017 at 5:12 pm
Old May 29, 2017, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by icebox425
Excited to see Marriott/SPG finally entering the region!
Agree. I know someone who will be in Estonia soon (or is there now) & no chain options. The hotel looks lovely from the pics, etc.

Cheers.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 11:18 pm

Shows up as a category 6 hotel now. I don't think that it's bookable yet though through Marriott.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 6:46 pm
Original Poster

The hotel is now accepting reservations. I've booked an award stay for August. Will report back!
Old Jul 19, 2017, 9:13 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
First post on FlyerTalk! I've been lurking for a while but finally found something I can contribute

I'll stay at the Telegraaf end of August, so will report back wrt my experience. However before choosing Hotel Telegraaf I tried to call as a Plat to check for benefits (SPG plat staying at Marriott for the first time). Front desk staff didn't know Plat benefits, transferred me to manager, who also didn't know. Finally was told to email to get information. No response for 5 days (not sure if it's even read). Discouraged, I emailed the GM and finally got a response.

1) Is breakfast provided for Platinum members? – yes, it is
2) If so, continental or restaurant breakfast? – full breakfast in the Restaurant Tchaikovsky (they say one of the best ones in Tallinn)
3) Is there an executive lounge? – unfortuantely we do not have this, due to the size of the hotel.
4) Do plats get automatic best room available upgrade? – yes, upon availability, but I can say that for 3 weeks after conversion, we’ve had already around 20 Platinum Guests and they all received their upgrades. Also welcome gift on arrival

Seems like Marriott recognition is slowly happening, which is encouraging!
Old Jul 20, 2017, 7:06 am

Thanks for the update & for your first post!

Cheers.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 9:03 am

Press release; it's officially open:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...n-estonia.html

"Situated at the heart of the city on the ancient and distinguished Vene Street, the hotel is housed in one of Tallinn’s grandest buildings. Dating back to 1878, the building is steeped in history, having been home to both the Revaler Handelsbank and, subsequently, the country’s central post, telephone and telegraph office – from which the hotel took its name.

Boasting modern design and Art Deco décor, Hotel Telegraaf features 83 guest rooms and suites, many of which feature Medieval Old Town views and foster an intimate and residential feel – echoing Autograph Collection Hotels’ values of vision, design and craft.

Perennially listed as one of the best restaurants in Estonia, Restaurant Tchaikovsky is a highlight, with Executive Chef Vladislav Djatšuk expertly combining local ingredients with Russian traditions and French flavours to provide guests with the bold, unique dining experience synonymous with Autograph Collection Hotels.

The luxury Telegraaf SPA features two treatment rooms, a 10m swimming pool, Jacuzzi, sauna and steam room, offering complete relaxation and well-being for guests looking for a tranquil escape following a day exploring the rich cultural sites of Tallinn."
Old Jul 23, 2017, 9:04 am

Lobby:

Restaurant:

Spa:

Old Jul 23, 2017, 9:11 am

Executive Twin/Twin Guest Room:

Executive King Guest Room:

Executive Junior Suite:

Executive Junior Suite:

Old Jul 25, 2017, 8:57 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
I've been to Tallinn twice; 2007 and 2013. Granted, it was a few years ago, but in 2013 I found this to be a lovely, small hotel. I'm glad to see it has joined a program. However, I found the Tallinn old town to be utterly dead after about 5 o'clock, unless you're into bars or chintzy tourist trap restaurants.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 9:55 am

Programs: US CP, AA Plat, DL Silver, EY Gold, Kimpton IC, SPG Plat
Staying here now. Fantastic hotel and staff in an unbeatable location.

Platinum welcome amenity included huge bowl of fruit, cookies and truffles as well as an offer for a free drink. Also, upgraded to a junior suite that comfortably fits the three of us.

Highly recommended and possibly even better than the Relais & Chateaux on the edge of Old Town. Hoping it stays a Marriott for my next visit.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 12:05 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Staying here in a couple weeks, can't wait. Place looks beautiful!
Old Sep 26, 2017, 6:58 pm
Original Poster

Stayed here a couple of weeks ago on a 7 night award stay - loved it.

As a Marriott Gold guest we were upgraded to an Executive King in the new wing of the hotel. Rooms were fantastic and accurately pictured above. Couldn't fault the service.

We were also eligible for a free breakfast (as we were Gold), in their Tchaikovsky restaurant (top 5 restaurant in Tallinn). The buffet food was of a very good quality and there were a few al a carte options included also, such as eggs benedict.

The location of the hotel is fantastic, about 50m from the action of the main square in Old Town, yet with our windows to the courtyard open we couldn't hear a thing from our room.

Please let me know if you have any questions relating to it. We'll definitely be back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.