Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Middle East & Africa Promo Across RC/Marriott/SPG Brands

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2017, 6:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Marriott Press Release:

http://news.marriott.com/2017/05/pay...motion-season/

Up to 30% off at nearly 200 participating Marriott International Hotels at Exciting Destinations Across Middle East and Africa

Excerpt:

All guests booking between 1st May and 31st August 2017 for stays between 21st May – 9th September 2017 can enjoy 20% off on the best available rate and a 30% off on food and soft beverages at participating restaurants, bars and lounges. However, Loyalty Program members are eligible for the additional benefits of 30% off on the best available rate and a voucher for a 30% off on their next stay, valid for stay between 10th September – 31st December 2017.

For Marriott Rewards and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards members, this promotion is applicable at participating JW Marriott®, Renaissance® Hotels, Autograph Collection® Hotels, Marriott® Hotels, Marriott Executive Apartments®, Protea Hotels®, Courtyard®, Residence Inn®, and The Ritz-Carlton®, Log on to deals.marriott.com/moretravels for a full list of participating hotels including terms and conditions and book your stay.

For SPG members, this promotion is available at participating Aloft, W Hotels, Four Points® by Sheraton, Le Méridien, The Luxury Collection®, Sheraton Hotels & Resorts, St. Regis® Hotels & Resorts, and Westin® Hotels & Resorts that participate in the SPG program. For a full list of participating hotels and terms and conditions, log on to www.spg.com/moretravels and book your stay."

Cheers.
Old May 13, 2017, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That link you gave is for a press release. It then has a link for:

http://deals.marriott.com/moretravels

where it says:
Promotional rates are valid for bookings May 1, 2017– August 31, 2017 and stays from May 21, 2017 – September 9, 2017 at participating hotels in the Middle East & Africa. Participating locations, restaurants and lounges only. 30% off food & non-alcoholic beverages. Guest to show their discount card in order to avail the discounts at participating outlets. Discount does not apply for room service.
But nowhere do I see it explained how to get this discount card (for the food & bev 30% discount)!

And I wonder because this promo is in a part of the world where some hotels are very cheap on points (Marriott cat 1 or 2 for many Protea properties, for example). And while of course you can't get 30% off the room rate on a points stay, the question is whether you can get 30% off the food rate on a points stay. Which is also not at all answered on either of these sites.
Old May 13, 2017, 8:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Well yeah, I mentioned Marriott press release in the OP & the part I quoted from the release had link for both Marriott & SPG

I'm assuming that one gets the discount card when they arrive at the property w/ the appropriately booked rate. Someone posted on the SPG forum that he booked w/ SPG using the rate & saved $$ on his room reservation.

Since the F&B discount is tied into a paid stay/specific promo, I think it would be unrealistic to expect it for a points stay.

Also, while Protea might be inexpensive, the Middle East properties aren't necessarily cheap. My guess is the promo is because Arne mentioned a bit ago that due to travel ban, laptop issues on planes, etc, that bizness was down in the Middle East.

Terms and conditions apply.

Promotional rates are valid for bookings May 1, 2017– August 31, 2017 and stays from May 21, 2017 – September 9, 2017 at participating hotels in the Middle East & Africa. Participating locations, restaurants and lounges only. 30% off food & non-alcoholic beverages. Guest to show their discount card in order to avail the discounts at participating outlets. Discount does not apply for room service. Prior reservation is required. Subject to availability. Blackout dates might occur. Offer not applicable to groups of 10 or more. Guests must quote promotional code to receive the promotional rate. A limited number of rooms are available and blackout dates or other restrictions may apply. A stay is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity. Promotion cannot be combined with any other offer, sale promotion, or prior purchase/reservation. © 2017 Marriott International, Inc.

The other part is that those who stay during the initial time frame who are loyalty members get additional discounts for later stays in the year.

"However, Loyalty Program members are eligible for the additional benefits of 30% off on the best available rate and a voucher for a 30% off on their next stay, valid for stay between 10th September – 31st December 2017."

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.