Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Medellin Marriott Colombia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2017, 8:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Opening November 2017. Cat 3. Exec lounge, but website doesn't say if it's opened daily yet

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...arriott-hotel/

"The brand-new Medellin Marriott Hotel will be located at El Poblado, at the heart of Medellinīs financial and entertainment district. All guestrooms are designed to deliver our guests with the best rest, featuring luxurious bathrooms, total blackout curtains, soundproof windows, feather pillow top mattresses with 300 thread Egyptian cotton linen sheets, high streaming speed internet and an access point in each room. On the executive lounge, guests can enjoy a complimentary breakfast and afternoon hors dīoeuvres, while on the 4th floor guest can enjoy our outdoor pool. For the healthy conscious guests the hotel offer a fully equipped fitness center and a full-service spa. This will be a fun and exciting hotel with two concept restaurants: The Market with a build your own concept for casual dining and NAU Sushi Lounge offering handcrafted cocktails, fresh Sushi and live music in a vibrant atmosphere. Whether you visit Medellin for business or leisure, a luxury stay awaits you at Medellin Marriott Hotel."

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Aug 8, 2017 at 12:39 pm
Old Sep 11, 2017, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Old Sep 11, 2017, 11:56 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Was about to say 'nice pics' but then saw the opening date and realised they must be stock photos
Old Sep 11, 2017, 8:13 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Was about to say 'nice pics' but then saw the opening date and realised they must be stock photos
I've visited at least one Marriott property about this far out from official opening, and the pics are likely legit; working out staffing details and hosting internal guests at this point, in all likelihood...
Old Sep 12, 2017, 6:26 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
I've visited at least one Marriott property about this far out from official opening, and the pics are likely legit; working out staffing details and hosting internal guests at this point, in all likelihood...
Well they are identical to the ones featured on the website and doing a property inspection on the post shows them as originating from https://cache.marriott.com

So stock photos
Old Sep 12, 2017, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yurtripper
Well they are identical to the ones featured on the website and doing a property inspection on the post shows them as originating from https://cache.marriott.com

So stock photos
Perhaps, but not the very traditional/generic Marriott stock photos that are for properties that are not open that don't have info. Since these were pretty specific in terms of visuals, I'd say that's probably what the rooms & public areas will look like.

FWIW - cache doesn't necessarily mean stock photos, just they're from Marriott/hosted. I went to three properties websites that I stay at on a regular basis to look at their photos & where I've posted pictures on my photo website I've personally taken of those properties, & my photos match the photos on the properties websites & the properties websites photos say cache as well.

If you're staying at Medellin after it opens, please do a trip report

Cheers.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 4:30 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
I need to visit Medellin before I leave Panama City for good in about a year from now, and with a FS Marriot in cat 3 I believe I already have the lodging sorted
Old Sep 12, 2017, 7:45 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Milkman
I need to visit Medellin before I leave Panama City for good in about a year from now, and with a FS Marriot in cat 3 I believe I already have the lodging sorted
This would be a solid use of a Cat 1-5 cert.

Marriott is really showing strongly in Colombia. Already has probably the best hotel in both Bogota and Cali.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 12:54 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Any updates?
Old Apr 18, 2018, 8:14 am
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
Is this hotel open yet?
Old Apr 19, 2018, 6:31 pm
Original Poster

Seems to be, as it's quoting dif rates for tonight.

Cheers.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 6:18 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
Anyone been ? any good?
Old Jul 9, 2018, 6:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Still no reports?
Old Jul 10, 2018, 4:03 pm

Programs: Copa ConnectMiles Presidental Platinum, Aviana LifeMiles Diamond, United Silver, Marriott Ambassador
I stayed here for a night in June. I actually live in Medellin but needed a hotel for the night due to paint fumes in my apartment. Pictures are accurate. Staff couldn't have been nicer. Good, very complete breakfast buffet. Nice executive lounge. Beautiful pool and spa area. Also hotel is located a couple of blocks from Olviedo mall, so a perfect location if you are visiting Medellin.

I stay at the Bogota Marriott hotels quite frequently, and this hotel is nicer than the Bogota Marriott hotel.

I would say if you plan to visit Medellin this hotel would be a solid use of a cat 1-5 cert.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 4:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Thanks! Did you stay there on points? Did you have to pay any taxes? I think I read somewhere that hotels in Colombia charge full taxes for awards, unless you book a package rate, or something like that?
I've also emailed the hotel, but haven't heard back yet.
Depending on whether they charge taxes on awards, a corporate rate might be a better deal than sacrificing points...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.