Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Courtyard Bonaire Dive Resort, Saint Eustatius and Saba [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2017, 9:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Hotel website:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...tyard-bonaire/

Category 3.

"Experience the ideal Caribbean vacation at Courtyard Bonaire. Our hotel rooms and suites provide stylish décor and furniture that create a calming ambiance for all travelers. When you start feeling hungry, you can visit our hotel restaurant for a selection of healthy entrees. We also provide a convenient hotel bar with hand-crafted cocktails and evening drinks. Continue your active lifestyle and get your heart pumping with our fully equipped fitness center and refreshing outdoor pool. Feed your hunger for adventure with a variety of locales nearby including Bonaire National Marine Park and Washington Slagbaai National Park. Underwater excursions and horseback tours are also available near our hotel."
Old Aug 3, 2017, 11:37 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Anyone been to the Courtyard Bonaire ?
What did you think ?
Its a Catagory 3 so won't compare favourably to luxury resorts of course !
It seems to have only opened in Dec 2016.
Anyone know what Marriot Gold's receive ? Does this change on reward nights ?

Been to Bonaire before and stayed next to Captain Don's in a fantastic house with garden down to the sea. Appreciate it won't compare to that but also will be much, much cheaper !!
Cheers.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 9:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
I've been wanting to visit Bonaire, if only to mark another island off my list, but the flights (Delta) just don't work. I do 6-7 corporate 3-night/4-day functions every year, so flying somewhere with only once a week flights doesn't work.

Same for Guyana. The Marriott hotel looks great, but flying there is pretty difficult.

I've also been eying the Marriott in Haiti because it's almost brand new and has cheap rates. Sadly, I can't get my colleagues and clients to go.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
The "Saint Eustatius and Saba" part of the title is a bit misleading. While Bonaire is part of the Caribbean Netherlands with the other two islands, both Saba and Saint Eustatius are ?500 miles away by air.

The reviews seem pretty good. It appears to be a good option for those looking for a nice but inexpensive base from which to explore. Probably not for those who want to sit at a resort preoperty and be pampered all vacation.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 11:15 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
It's a nice, modern international quality hotel with its own dive shop on site. There is no beach, so I'd consider it as a clean and proper air conned version of an airbnb or local place. It's a bit out of town, so you'd definitely want a car and be on a diving holiday or something not involving a lot of time in Kralendijk.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 5:22 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
It's a nice, modern international quality hotel with its own dive shop on site. There is no beach, so I'd consider it as a clean and proper air conned version of an airbnb or local place. It's a bit out of town, so you'd definitely want a car and be on a diving holiday or something not involving a lot of time in Kralendijk.
Does it just above the Courtyard standard?
Old Aug 8, 2017, 9:06 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I'm not a huge expert on Courtyards, but the quality of the interiors and to a lesser degree the other facilities would be more what I'd expect from a Marriott or possibly a Renaissance.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 9:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I'm not a huge expert on Courtyards, but the quality of the interiors and to a lesser degree the other facilities would be more what I'd expect from a Marriott or possibly a Renaissance.
Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 9:52 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
We'll stay at the property next week on a 'travel package' voucher. Hotel isn't that busy they told me, so hopefully get an upgrade to a suite. They only have 4 of them
Not a fan of Courtyard either, but it seems very bright, clean and modern.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by kevinflyaway
We'll stay at the property next week on a 'travel package' voucher. Hotel isn't that busy they told me, so hopefully get an upgrade to a suite. They only have 4 of them
Not a fan of Courtyard either, but it seems very bright, clean and modern.
Any updates? How was the hotel? Thanks.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 12:34 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by funkbandit
Any updates? How was the hotel? Thanks.
We had an allright stay. The place is still very tidy and newish, BUT it doesn't have any Caribbean feel to it. Might also be the courtyard brand itself. We mainly chose this property, since we had a travel voucher and wanted to save some money on the trip. Breakfast is ok, but expensive and not included in any rate I believe. Diner is not that much, I would defiantly choose to eat side of the hotel. You do need a car or a scooter to get around the island, so make sure you book that in advance.

We did get a suite from the second night we stayed there and were there for 7 nights total. Staff at the front desk was really nice and really helpful. Staff at breakfast was average at best. Pool was great and it didn't feel that crowded when we were there. Also good to notice that you do hear all planes arrive and depart. There are only like 15 flights a day and I really liked the view of the tarmac. The hotel is literally next to the airport.

Second week we stayed at Delfins Beach Resort, which was a-ma-zing! If you don't need to stay at a Marriot hotel, go there! Beach feel, nice pool with salty water and superb staff all around.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 1:18 am

Originally Posted by kevinflyaway
We had an allright stay. The place is still very tidy and newish, BUT it doesn't have any Caribbean feel to it. Might also be the courtyard brand itself. We mainly chose this property, since we had a travel voucher and wanted to save some money on the trip. Breakfast is ok, but expensive and not included in any rate I believe. Diner is not that much, I would defiantly choose to eat side of the hotel. You do need a car or a scooter to get around the island, so make sure you book that in advance.

We did get a suite from the second night we stayed there and were there for 7 nights total. Staff at the front desk was really nice and really helpful. Staff at breakfast was average at best. Pool was great and it didn't feel that crowded when we were there. Also good to notice that you do hear all planes arrive and depart. There are only like 15 flights a day and I really liked the view of the tarmac. The hotel is literally next to the airport.

Second week we stayed at Delfins Beach Resort, which was a-ma-zing! If you don't need to stay at a Marriot hotel, go there! Beach feel, nice pool with salty water and superb staff all around.
Thanks for the update. I knew there was a catch when the redemption rate was lowered for the new program starting in August...
Old Jul 6, 2018, 5:24 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium
We have stayed at nearby island Curaçao at the Renaissance, more points but very nice!
Old Jul 6, 2018, 8:30 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Ontariotraveller
We have stayed at nearby island Curaçao at the Renaissance, more points but very nice!
It seems like Aruba has the most to do and see followed by Curaçao and then Bonaire.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 7:26 pm

Does Courtyard Curacao provide a free breakfast for Platinum Premier Elite? What about Gold?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.