Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Honeymoon! Need some recommendations!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Honeymoon! Need some recommendations!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2007, 4:30 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Radisson Rewards Gold, Marriott Platinum
"Honeymoon" package

There are three of us (1M, 2F) planning to spend three nights in Marriott hotel in Switzerland. I discovered there's a "honeymoon" package with code HON (Honeymoon Package, upgrade to best available suite, rate includes breakfast, Welcome Drink, Champagne and more )
Their booking system lets to book it for three people. Will they accept it in the hotel? Breakfast for 3 or only for 2? And does anyone have experience, will we really get the best available suite? For example if they give me the lower suite, but I can see on www.marriott.com that the best one is free, may I complain and demand the best suite available?
And what happens if all suites are booked? No upgrade at all?

Also, do we get "Special Benefits" included with the suite?
For example:
(The suite features: Executive lounge access Open: Sun-Sat Complimentary food: - midday snack - hors d'oeuvres - dessert Complimentary Cocktails Complimentary non-alcoholic beverages)

Sorry, if the question is stupid, i'm still a rookie here. Never been to Marriott before, got the Rewards No, though.

Last edited by Richey66; Nov 4, 2007 at 4:48 pm
Old Nov 4, 2007, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Richey66
There are three of us (1M, 2F) planning to spend three nights in Marriott hotel in Switzerland. I discovered there's a "honeymoon" package with code HON (Honeymoon Package, upgrade to best available suite, rate includes breakfast, Welcome Drink, Champagne and more )
Their booking system lets to book it for three people. Will they accept it in the hotel? And will we really get the best available suite? For example if they give me the lower suite, but I can see on www.marriott.com that the best one is free, may I complain and demand the best suite available?

For example:
(The suite features: Executive lounge access Open: Sun-Sat Complimentary food: - midday snack - hors d'oeuvres - dessert Complimentary Cocktails Complimentary non-alcoholic beverages)

Sorry, if the question is stupid, i'm still a rookie here. Never been to Marriott before, got the Rewards No, though.
Yes you'll be fine
Old Nov 4, 2007, 10:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Every time I've booked a honeymoon package (for similar reasons as the OP - better benefits), I've also always received a congratulatory comment at check-in. I'm betting that you'll get quite a look at check-in when the three of you arrive on your honeymoon
Old Nov 6, 2007, 11:34 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AA Platinum
I bet things would get awkward if you see a couple actually on their honeymoon there and were denied the special deal due to your fake nuptials.
Old Nov 6, 2007, 11:56 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver, Starwood Preferred Guest Plus, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by JimJ321
I bet things would get awkward if you see a couple actually on their honeymoon there and were denied the special deal due to your fake nuptials.
Why? The rate is bookable by anyone and nowhere in the rate rules does it state 'must be actually on honeymoon'.
Old Nov 6, 2007, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
that is the question I would like to know 1M, 2F and do you get special benefits!!!!

Originally Posted by Richey66
There are three of us (1M, 2F) planning to spend three nights in Marriott hotel in Switzerland.

Old Nov 6, 2007, 10:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by GlennTheBaker
Why? The rate is bookable by anyone and nowhere in the rate rules does it state 'must be actually on honeymoon'.
That kind of seems like you're cheating the system...doesn't it?
Old Nov 7, 2007, 4:16 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
not in anyway shape or form
Old Nov 7, 2007, 5:13 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Radisson Rewards Gold, Marriott Platinum
in fact

In fact, I actually got married lately and with my wife we just took a friend of ours to the trip. Is that a crime?
Old Nov 7, 2007, 6:25 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
If the rate is available and you meet all restrictions, then why would there be any issue with reserving a room with that rate?

I suspect that Marriott doesn't care whether someone was really on their Honeymoon or not. I suspect that the rate for this reservation would be higher than for a regular room. So Marriott gets more money and the persons staying there get a few more perks. Everyone is happy.
Old Nov 7, 2007, 8:13 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver, Starwood Preferred Guest Plus, Hilton HHonors Gold
When I got married in Prague and stayed at the Ren (RIP ), I got a really good room rate via the Look No Further guarantee and then got upgraded to the Presidential Suite for my 5 night stay. Did I 'cheat the system' by not reserving the Honeymoon Package?
Old Nov 7, 2007, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: La Ministreuse de Surréalisme, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat
I regularly book the "romance" package for the better benefits even when we travel with the kids - and trust me, there is no romance going on
Old Aug 1, 2008, 10:02 am

Programs: SkyMiles Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum Premiere, United Premiere, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Property for HoneyMoon?

Does anyone have a suggestion for a great property to stay for a HoneyMoon? I have plenty of points and am looking for the nicest place to stay worldwide....

Also, can you use points for any All-Inclusive properties?

Thanks for your help!
Old Aug 1, 2008, 12:52 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Can't beat Phuket Thailand.
Old Aug 1, 2008, 1:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Absolutley correct, you cannot beat Phuket. Its a bargain as a cat 5. Search the forum for endless threads on this top property.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.