Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa (Mexico) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 25, 2019, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa (Mexico) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2017, 9:32 am

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Life Plat, HHonors DM
Originally Posted by Seat 1F
Just got back after a two day stay. Very nice. Upgraded from a garden view to an ocean view. No free breakfast for elites.....but I already knew that going in. Very friendly staff. Almost over the top friendly. My only complaint is that the property charges if you make use of the coffee packets in the room. Seems kind of cheap to me.

All in all a nice stay. I would return.
I did 4 days a couple of weeks ago at this property. I did manage to get a $25.00/day restaurant credit, but it was not properly entered on my account. I was lucky enough that the check in clerk who offered it was there when I was checking out and he remembered the offering the credit. I was also offered 15% off a spa package, but that also wasn't on my account on check out. it took quite a bit of effort to get that corrected. So in conclusion, I would say if you get any "freebies", to make sure it is entered on your account, note who offered it and check your checkout carefully to make sure you received all the credits properly. I got the upgrade to an ocean view room (I was using points), which was very nice. The staff are super at this property, very welcoming and accommodating.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 1:49 pm

Has anyone paid to add all-inclusive onto a stay here? Is this still an option? Thanks
Old May 3, 2017, 4:47 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Silver, Hertz
Like moths to a flame, we are drawn back for our 9th stay at this hotel! (14th trip to PV overall.) But wow, it is nowhere nearly as inexpensive as last year - hotel or flight! I think that with the peso being so devalued over the last year, they raised their prices a bit.

In any case, $150 a night for an ocean view balcony room and including a $50 a night resort credit. Note: last year they allowed us to use our nightly resort credit in a lump sum - even though the booking details said otherwise. As a Plat, we typically get an upgrade up one room type, so we will likely be on a high floor overlooking the pool, Banderas Bay and the town of PV.

Looking forward to the new Lobby Bar, which was under construction when we were last there!
Old May 19, 2017, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
How much is the breakfast buffet pp here, is it better to get the free breakfast package or the $50 credit?

Also, how does this property compare to the all inclusive Hyatt Ziva, any opinions?
Old Oct 4, 2017, 2:11 pm

First of all, this hotel has been renamed to the Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort and Spa. (So removing the CasaMagna brand from the name, it was always a resort and spa.)

But I am not at all happy to report that they have added the dreaded resort fee to their pricing model. I booked our upcoming November stay back in May, no sign of a resort fee. Thanks to a heads up from someone on the PV TA forum, I checked my reservation to see that a resort fee had been added in. Apparently pre US Thanksgiving week, it is only $4.50 USD per day, but after that it goes up to $15 per day (and I checked some weeks all the way out to June and it was $15 per day.)

We love PV and the Marriott is incredibly reasonably priced. People come back there year after year (like us!) Why alienate your customers with a resort fee? Just add the $15 bucks to the room rate. sigh.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 2:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by jtwiz
F I booked our upcoming November stay back in May, no sign of a resort fee. Thanks to a heads up from someone on the PV TA forum, I checked my reservation to see that a resort fee had been added in.(
If you booked your ressie before the rate fee went into effect they'll honor it w/o the rate fee.

Cheers.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
If you booked your ressie before the rate fee went into effect they'll honor it w/o the rate fee.

Cheers.
Sharon, yes, I do plan on bringing a copy of our original reservation that does not include the Resort fee. But it's just disappointing to see yet another hotel go down this route.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 7:17 pm

My late wife and I loved this hotel. Getting the "sand dollar" rate with a $50 per night F&B credit was an added bonus that made it all the more appealing. As a Marriott Platinum member, we always received an upgrade to an Banderas Bay view balcony room from having booked a garden view. We were not big on breakfast, so not having that gratis was not an issue. We tried all the F&B outlets and were rarely disappointed. I wish I could say that I look forward to returning, but going solo has lost its appeal.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by flyme2
My late wife and I loved this hotel. Getting the "sand dollar" rate with a $50 per night F&B credit was an added bonus that made it all the more appealing. As a Marriott Platinum member, we always received an upgrade to an Banderas Bay view balcony room from having booked a garden view. We were not big on breakfast, so not having that gratis was not an issue. We tried all the F&B outlets and were rarely disappointed. I wish I could say that I look forward to returning, but going solo has lost its appeal.
So very sorry Flyme2

PV, especially this Marriott, has been a favorite of ours for many years (decades) now. I can only imagine how tough it would be for me to go back there without Mr jtwiz - it would definitely not be the same at all.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 9:11 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Any recent comparisons between the Marriott and the Westin?

Both are reasonably priced and just trying to figure out the best option.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 8:11 am

Could someone explain to me how the referrals work?
Old Nov 2, 2017, 8:30 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
Any recent comparisons between the Marriott and the Westin?

Both are reasonably priced and just trying to figure out the best option.
When I stayed there several years ago I walked over to the Westin and I remember thinking that the Marriott grounds and pool were quite a bit nicer.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 10:31 am
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
I haven't been in a number of years; however the Westin has a decent club lounge and will provide breakfast which I don't believe you will receive at the Marriott "Resort".
Old Jan 4, 2018, 2:29 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Went to book for this spring and couldn't find the Sand Dollar package with combination of nights & dates. In additional to the resort fee, the government taxes & fees item has jumped from $21.66 ($678.30 total for 5 nights w/ $50 credit) to $132.81 ($831.81 5 nights/no credit or brekkie). Also not happy how Marriott advertises the "total" on the rate search page without the resort fee & taxes.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 1:11 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Was rechecking rates today and found this notice

Please note - Guest room renovation May 7-October 22 2018. Although work will be isolated, some activity may be noticed. All resort facilities will be available for your enjoyment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.